FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Mar 11, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #4,111 of 6,207
I don't know if it will be overkill, but can let you know the X7 has only one slot and although it will happily play 400gb cards you can't attach it to a laptop and transfer files via a USB connection. You will need to remove the card to add songs to it.

The X7ii has two cards and works faultlessly.

Mar 11, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #4,113 of 6,207
Sorry I meant the X7 mark 2 hence the posting on this thread and the X7 mark II does have 2 micro-sd slots

Optical cable is a must ... To reuse my existing glass optical cable and the headphone amp I currently have on my office desk ... Just want a transport to replace my work computer which has been locked down and no longer allows personal music files for security reasons

Just want another transport to drop in place with existing setup

Mar 12, 2018 at 12:49 AM Post #4,114 of 6,207
Sorry I meant the X7 mark 2 hence the posting on this thread and the X7 mark II does have 2 micro-sd slots

Optical cable is a must ... To reuse my existing glass optical cable and the headphone amp I currently have on my office desk ... Just want a transport to replace my work computer which has been locked down and no longer allows personal music files for security reasons

X7II supports optical out through it's 3.5mm output jack on the top left corner.
So you need a 3.5mm mini toslink to toslink or 3.5mm mini toslink to 3.5mm toslink depend on your input DAC
That jack is also do coaxial output and line output. You choose the output mode by swiping down on the top screen to open the drop down menu and choose the corresponding mode you want.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #4,115 of 6,207

IIRC, the iBasso DX80 has dual microSD slots and an optical out. It goes for about 350€ here in Europe.

Using an X7MkII as a transport only would be a massive waste IMO.

Mar 12, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #4,116 of 6,207
IIRC, the iBasso DX80 has dual microSD slots and an optical out. It goes for about 350€ here in Europe.

Using an X7MkII as a transport only would be a massive waste IMO.

No, I mean, given what DAC and AMP techs X7mkii has within, it really would be kinda sad to not take advantage of them and only use it as a transport. FiiO even made multiple AMP modules to serve multiple purposes :)

Of course, if one wants, one can use it, that is the beauty of X7mkii :)

Mar 12, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #4,117 of 6,207
well the lie is disappointing...first time I ever stack with audiophilic equipment is not doing something it it advertised to do.
anyway, my previous question is still there:
"does x7ii as external DAC support playing files which are higher than 192kHz?"
It is not a "lie" in the specification sheet on FiiO site it states USB DAC up to 192khz/24 bit supported.
In answer to your question No it does not.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2018 at 4:41 AM Post #4,119 of 6,207
Can someone recommend a charger that will safely quick charge the x7ii?
Just get a quallcom quick charge 2.0 or 3.0 compatible charger, got myself qlc 3.0 charger for 10 euro from amazon, with one quick charge port and two 2,4amp ones.

Mar 13, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #4,120 of 6,207
I think this is a strange design choice. There's no reason to reactivate the screen when unpausing. If someone wants to use the screen, they can hit the power button. I think that having the screen reactivate can waste battery life unnecessarily. Is it possible to change this functionality, or to have an option to change this functionality, in the future?
Dear friend,

Because of different culture, most of users would prefer this design instead. Generally, it has been a long time when entering standby in pause mode. Some users may have forgotten what the previous pause were. If the pause mode did not enter standby, re-click on the pause button would not lighten the screen.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 13, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #4,121 of 6,207
Can someone recommend a charger that will safely quick charge the x7ii?

Dear friend,

The X7MKII supports quick charge. It utilizes the charging control chip BQ25890 from TI, and supports some of the mainstream quick charge protocols such as BC1.2, MaxCharge, etc.
It's recommeded to use a DC 12V/1.5A or 9V/2A quick charger to charge the X7MKII. But the normal DC 5V/2A charger will also work.

Also, for your reference, we have tested some of the quick chargers available on the market. Below are the quick chargers tested to be compatible with the X7MKII.

upload_2018-3-13_18-12-56.png

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 13, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #4,122 of 6,207
Dear friend,

Because of different culture, most of users would prefer this design instead. Generally, it has been a long time when entering standby in pause mode. Some users may have forgotten what the previous pause were. If the pause mode did not enter standby, re-click on the pause button would not lighten the screen.

Best regards

Hi @FiiO, this seems a bit confusing for me, maybe its not the same I've posted a while ago so let me resume:
When I'm listening to music, screen is off and I want to make a pause - I press "Pause" - X7 pauses the music for 1 second and then continues playing... This is not normal, it should pause the music whatever the screen is on or off

But... !!! ... if I resume playing again and pause it 10 minutes later in the same absolute conditions (playing, screen off), it behaves normal, it pauses correctly.

My 2 cents

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #4,123 of 6,207
I've just tried it. With the screen off, the first press of the pause button, the playback just stopped momentarily and then carried on. Thereafter, I couldn't repeat it even turning the screen on and off several times.

I rebooted the X7ii and repeated the above, with exactly the same results. Both tests were done with Flac files on card slot 2 with a 400gb Sandisk card.

A third test was done on card slot 1 with another 400gb Sandisk card and again, returned the same results.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #4,124 of 6,207
Dear friend,

Best regards
Ahh, that is actually pretty interesting. Do you think an option for this can be implemented in the future?

Mar 13, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #4,125 of 6,207
I've just tried it. With the screen off, the first press of the pause button, the playback just stopped momentarily and then carried on. Thereafter, I couldn't repeat it even turning the screen on and off several times.

I rebooted the X7ii and repeated the above, with exactly the same results. Both tests were done with Flac files on card slot 2 with a 400gb Sandisk card.

A third test was done on card slot 1 with another 400gb Sandisk card and again, returned the same results.

Exactly! ... Thereafter it works normal. The problem only shows on the 1st pause atempt, this clearly shows its a bug. @FiiO please take a look again at the problem, all we want is to improve X7 functionality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back