FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Mar 8, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #4,081 of 6,207
Dear friend,

Failed to reproduce the issue. Maybe you could provide more information before pauzing the play/pauze button. We will also report to the engineer about that and ask them to have more test.

Best regards
I've noticed it happens when you pause, then wait for the relay to cut off the audio, then unpause.

Mar 9, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #4,085 of 6,207
I've noticed it happens when you pause, then wait for the relay to cut off the audio, then unpause.
Dear friend,

We confirm with our engineer that if the product have entered idle standby in pause mode, the screen will light up and the music would play again after pressing the play/pauze button. It is designed to act like that.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 9, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #4,086 of 6,207
Dear friend,

We confirm with our engineer that if the product have entered idle standby in pause mode, the screen will light up and the music would play again after pressing the play/pauze button. It is designed to act like that.

Best regards
That seems like a poor design choice. Can you not at least have an option? Why would someone using the hardware buttons need the screen to turn on? Surely the buttons are there for when you are not using the screen!

Mar 9, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #4,087 of 6,207
That seems like a poor design choice. Can you not at least have an option? Why would someone using the hardware buttons need the screen to turn on? Surely the buttons are there for when you are not using the screen!

I completely agree. If I want to wake up X7 I press the on/off button. But I don't know if I got it well, did they mean the pause button will PAUSE and the screen will light up, music will play again AFTER pressing play/pause? or that the pause button will just light the screen and the music will continue without pausing? I can't believe that would be the pause button behaviour "By design" ...

Mar 9, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #4,088 of 6,207
Dear friend,

Best regards
I think this is a strange design choice. There's no reason to reactivate the screen when unpausing. If someone wants to use the screen, they can hit the power button. I think that having the screen reactivate can waste battery life unnecessarily. Is it possible to change this functionality, or to have an option to change this functionality, in the future?

Mar 9, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #4,089 of 6,207
I posted to the thread of X5 3rd about playing with a third party application.
You can easily view the log in Android Studio with Android setting to Developer Mode.
FiiO’s customized Android, it is necessary to specify FiiO original audio format to avoid SRC.
For that reason, it is not possible to playback correctly with general AudioTrack implementation. Third party application developers need to special implement for FiiO DAP.
FiiO is telling a little lie. If third party applications do not use their own SRC, they will be able to playback with no Android SRC.
That alone is insufficient. A special implementation is required.
Therefore, most third party applications are subject to Android SRC restrictions.
Neutron supports it. :)

Mar 9, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #4,090 of 6,207
Additional notes.
If a third party application has generally implementation using AudioTrack API, the music plays with noise.
For FiiO DAP, the data must be unsigned int32bit. In applications using generally AudioTrack such as UAPP, noise occurs because it is 24bit data. Please try forced 16bit on by setting UAPP. It is played with no noise. It uses its own SRC or Android API Media Player etc. Those implementations are subject to Android SRC limitations.

Mar 10, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #4,091 of 6,207
"When working as DAC, the X7 could support the sampling rate to 192kHz at max. " - this is official answer of Fiio regarding x7 (1 version). Basically, it means that 1st generation x7 is useless as external DAC, because majority DSD files just won't be played. It is not written anywhere - nothing on official site, nor on the forums. I bought x7 specifically for that ability which does not exist.
So does x7ii support playing files which are higher than 192kHz?

Mar 10, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #4,092 of 6,207
I'm not sure where you got this information from, as it states "384kHz/64bit" on the FiiO site for the original X7.

Screenshot (1).png

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #4,093 of 6,207
Last edited:
Mar 10, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #4,095 of 6,207
You will need to put the higher resolution files on the SD card in that case.
well the lie is disappointing...first time I ever stack with audiophilic equipment is not doing something it it advertised to do.
anyway, my previous question is still there:
"does x7ii as external DAC support playing files which are higher than 192kHz?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back