FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Feb 21, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #3,967 of 6,207
@FiiO, just wondering if there are any plans for storing multiple user created eq profiles. Haven't played with viper effects at all, so maybe my answer is in there. I do use the default eq, accessed through the playing songs options menu. I have a few headphones that I make just a few dB adjustments in a few spots through out the range, but would love to store the settings so I can switch a little easier between phones. I prefer not to eq at all, which works well on some of my gear, but I have 400i's that need treble hump taming to really shine and some mid-range iem's I have need just a few db added down low and on lower treble freqs to shine. All achievable with this player, but not easy to switch around. Last settings stick in the eq, so on/off works if I happen to have a set that doesn't need eq in the rotation with the set the eq is configured for, but that's just not always the case.

Feb 21, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #3,968 of 6,207
@FiiO, just wondering if there are any plans for storing multiple user created eq profiles. Haven't played with viper effects at all, so maybe my answer is in there. I do use the default eq, accessed through the playing songs options menu. I have a few headphones that I make just a few dB adjustments in a few spots through out the range, but would love to store the settings so I can switch a little easier between phones. I prefer not to eq at all, which works well on some of my gear, but I have 400i's that need treble hump taming to really shine and some mid-range iem's I have need just a few db added down low and on lower treble freqs to shine. All achievable with this player, but not easy to switch around. Last settings stick in the eq, so on/off works if I happen to have a set that doesn't need eq in the rotation with the set the eq is configured for, but that's just not always the case.
Viper has only 1 custom EQ slot. The moment you shift EQ from one of the presets it will overwrite the custom EQ slot.

Feb 23, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #3,969 of 6,207
I just bought a X7ii, and all is working well except my OTG storage. I am using the same Integral SSD and cables that I was using for OTG on my Gen 1 X5, but playing files (16/44 FLAC CD rips) from the OTG on the X7ii playback stutters badly, where it was fine on the X5. It happens when I use Fiio music, Neutron and Gonemad, so It's not a software issue, and I'm pretty sure it's not the SSD / cables as they still work perfectly on the X5. Any ideas - faulty amp module?

Both my SD cards and the OTG SSD are formatted FAT32. Could it be formatting? Although SD1 and SD2 are both playing fine.

I also find that every time I attach the X7ii to my PC it tells me the SD and OTG cards need to be scanned and fixed, which never used to happen with the X5 either.

Can anyone help?

Feb 23, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #3,972 of 6,207
Good afternoon everyone,

first of all thank you for answering all my noobish questions. I really appreciate the community. Next, my question:

If there is one portable amp (other than Fiio's interchangeable amps) you would add to your FIIO X7II, what would that be? Money is not an issue.

If you would never do that, why would you not?

Thank you and have a great day!

Feb 24, 2018 at 12:52 AM Post #3,973 of 6,207
Good afternoon everyone,

first of all thank you for answering all my noobish questions. I really appreciate the community. Next, my question:

If there is one portable amp (other than Fiio's interchangeable amps) you would add to your FIIO X7II, what would that be? Money is not an issue.

I think Chord Hugo or Hugo2 is a good choice!

Feb 24, 2018 at 2:07 AM Post #3,975 of 6,207
Good afternoon everyone,

Hi, perhaps you might indicate the use criteria for your setup? Ie

ultimate portability?
absolute sound?
and why you specifically need a portable amp? ie what is it about the stock output from Fiio which leads you to want to upgrade? You have difficult to drive headphones?

It's just a little confusing as you say "money not an issue", so why buy a lower budget DAP in the first place and spending loads on an amp later, rather than investing more in a high end DAP to begin with?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back