FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Dec 1, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #3,106 of 6,207
I'm using two 200Gb cards, around 10000 tracks and its very fast including search!
But I give one advice, something I did almost since the beginning with X7 1st, remove all the embebed album art, if existent FiiO app creates a huge lib of thumbnails for each track and thats most probably the reason for slowness. Ps: Leave only a "Cover.jpg" on album folder (I know its a PITA and FiiO should fix it)

Software is good but not perfect, I have at least three problems: 1. Pause doesn't work correctly, it does if for a few seconds but if you pause more around 1 minute or more, it resumes elsewhere, in the beggining of the track, on another track, randomly; 2. shufling songs on the full list of tracks (1st tab) does crash FiiO app now and then, so I stopped using it. 3. Sorting is not good, I use to browse by artist, can't understand the criteria for sorting as example all my artists name like "The Beatles"... it has at least 4 sorted groups "The ...", its not the first 4 letters, its not only the capitals, I don't get it...

My 2 cents
Hi,
Thanks for the feedback. We will report those to our engineers again.
Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.
Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 1, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #3,107 of 6,207
Anyone had issues with the DAP starting playback in the middle of a song? Has happened to me a few times in the handful of days I’ve owned the unit.

This is not just pausing and playing, but rather when switching to a new song while one is already playing and not done.
Hi,
Is this issue happening in the songs from SD card2 or certain songs?
Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 1, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #3,108 of 6,207
Hi,
Best regards
Skipping the first 0.5 to 1.0 second keeps happening to me on various tracks regardless the storage location. I got 400GB in slot 1 and 256GB in slot 2.

Dec 1, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #3,109 of 6,207
Skipping the first 0.5 to 1.0 second keeps happening to me on various tracks regardless the storage location. I got 400GB in slot 1 and 256GB in slot 2.

Yes, I forgot to mention that +1

Dec 1, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #3,111 of 6,207
When a song skips for a second or what ever the length is its generally because you are switching bit rates and this way it won't pop which is painful to your ears.
I see. But I don't experience this phenomena with my AK SP1000Cu, AK240, Hugo 2, and TA-ZH1ES. So is this problem specific to X7mk2?

Dec 1, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #3,112 of 6,207
I've had my X7II for over a month now and only learned about the slot 2 issue a few days ago. I had been using a single 32GB card in slot 2 (why isn't slot 1 the left one, seems more logical).

It caused resume to almost never work properly, out of sleep mode. It would resume to something from the day before and not play anything after that, or sometimes crash. Pressing play in sleep mode only turned the display on, pressing a second time gave a complaint about having to add music first and pressing a third time started playing the (mostly wrong) track.

I've now placed the card in slot 1 and all the problems are gone. I was amazed that the play button worked correctly in sleep mode (does turn the display on as well, which I don't care for).

I sometimes had a problem that the play buttons stayed locked after using DAC mode, haven't had that anymore either, will keep an eye on it.

One bug I really hope FiiO will fix is the delay when using the X7II as a DAC, the delay is about 100ms instead of the claimed 1.5ms at the lowest buffer size. Only at 192Khz the delay goes away, but this is not practical when using it for creating music, as that demands a lot of CPU power for the VSTs. Playing live on a MIDI keyboard with such a high delay is impossible, which means I cannot use my X7II as a soundcard when making music, which is a massive shame, as the great sound quality would really help a lot.

The sound quality of the X7II is fantastic. I have been using it with my Phonak Audeo PFE232 and recently the Sennheiser IE80 as well. I love the instrument seperation, rendition of raspy sounds and bass slam. My previous setup was a Sansa Fuze paired with an E12A, it is quite an upgrade. It did need some burn in, I was getting some sibilance at first and bad instrument separation, which improved pretty quickly. At first it was sounding a lot better through the E12A, now the X7II SE clearly sounds better than that.

I also prefer the sound of FiiO's audio player over Neutron (which is set to play at the frequency of the source material). I have no idea what could be causing the difference.
Tidal seemed to be sounding as good as FiiO's player, which is impressive. The stuttering of that app (which apparently is a Tidal thing on all mobile devices) and high price made me cancel the subscription. PowerAmp and PlayerPro sadly don't support the X7II's DAC directly, so they sound worse than the others.

I've been going through this thread the last four weeks and have now read most of it, I'm really happy with my purchase.

Dec 1, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #3,114 of 6,207
Dec 1, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #3,116 of 6,207
Hi,
Best regards

Only slot 1. Haven’t started using slot 2 yet.

Dec 1, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #3,117 of 6,207
Guys, sorry it’s me asking newbie questions again. I was too excited to own x7 ii + am5 module so I actually placed my order already. However, I heard from my friend say that am5 is suitable for big cans? How bout IEMS like final audio heaven 8 and JH 3x Pro? Is it too powerful for those IEM? I’m worried it might be too powerful for my IEMS..

Dec 1, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #3,118 of 6,207
Guys, sorry it’s me asking newbie questions again. I was too excited to own x7 ii + am5 module so I actually placed my order already. However, I heard from my friend say that am5 is suitable for big cans? How bout IEMS like final audio heaven 8 and JH 3x Pro? Is it too powerful for those IEM? I’m worried it might be too powerful for my IEMS..
Depending on the impedance and efficiency. Heaven 8 is 24 ohm / 106 dB and 3x Pro is 18 ohm / 119 dB. Probably you need to keep the volume level relatively low especially for 3x Pro. With the higher power of AM5, the perceived volume difference at each volume step is big compared to less powered amp module, which can be a problem. Also with 3x Pro, you may hear slight hiss when music is not playing. But in my experience, AM5 is quiet enough so that hiss may not be noticeable while listening to music.
If you don't use full size cans at all, maybe AM5 is overkill. But I use AM5 with IEMs without any problem. I'm just too lazy to swap amp module...

Dec 2, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #3,119 of 6,207
Depending on the impedance and efficiency. Heaven 8 is 24 ohm / 106 dB and 3x Pro is 18 ohm / 119 dB. Probably you need to keep the volume level relatively low especially for 3x Pro. With the higher power of AM5, the perceived volume difference at each volume step is big compared to less powered amp module, which can be a problem. Also with 3x Pro, you may hear slight hiss when music is not playing. But in my experience, AM5 is quiet enough so that hiss may not be noticeable while listening to music.
If you don't use full size cans at all, maybe AM5 is overkill. But I use AM5 with IEMs without any problem. I'm just too lazy to swap amp module...

Noted.. Thank you so much Giraku. Did u set the volume at low volume when u pair up with ur IEM? and may I know which IEM did u paired with?

Dec 2, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #3,120 of 6,207
Noted.. Thank you so much Giraku. Did u set the volume at low volume when u pair up with ur IEM? and may I know which IEM did u paired with?
Yes, low volume with low gain setting to start up. I have Hifiman RE2000 and AK JH Rosie. I also tried Andromeda once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back