FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Nov 30, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #3,091 of 6,207
In addition, I just got the SD card today and tried using it. Prior to this, I've been saving off-line content to the Internal storage. Do I need to erase everything I currently have on the Internal to get an SD card option in the "Download Destination" setting field?

Nov 30, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #3,093 of 6,207
I tried that but it only shows the option of the Internal space. I also moved the app to the SD card but it still only gives me the "Download Destination" option of "Internal".

Are other X7 owners able to save Tidal off-line to an SD card? Are users able to do this with Android? This is my first ever Android device.
If the card is full it won't give you the option to save to it.

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #3,095 of 6,207
I tried that but it only shows the option of the Internal space. I also moved the app to the SD card but it still only gives me the "Download Destination" option of "Internal".

Are other X7 owners able to save Tidal off-line to an SD card? Are users able to do this with Android? This is my first ever Android device.
Do you have a mSD in slot 1? mine is showing internal and mSD in the Download Destination.

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #3,096 of 6,207

Reboot!

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #3,101 of 6,207
Regarding the 2 slots on the X7 Mark II. The system is only natively designed to work with one slot. To drive the second slot, it was added as an additional device that requires resources to run. So because it being a separate device, it’s slower, drains battery, and generally not as stable as the 1st slot. Neutron is my native player and slot 2 would dismount sometimes for no apparent reason.

If you don’t need the space, just stay with 1 slot. I don’t really mind the battery drain because I like having an extra 256GB for songs I’ll never listen to, or for DSD128 albums so I have slot 2 occupied.

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #3,102 of 6,207
Guys, thanks for your help. I mounted the SD card into slot #1 and it now appears in the Tidal "Download Destination" menu field. Appreciate the quick responses.

BTW, do you folks ever experience song stuttering with Tidal (offline and streaming)? I seem to notice that quite a bit.

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #3,103 of 6,207
I did a few tests.

On high gain and low gain. Results were same If not similar.

Andromeda. Stock litz 3.5mm I could not really detect any audiable hiss to my ears. With music playing at various volumes.
With no music and at full volume I still couldnt really hear/detect any hiss.

2.5mm balanced out with ALO Litz.
I could detect and hear hiss at all volumes, the hiss volume didnt really increase with the changes.
The hiss wasnt significant to me as it wasn't so strong and easily went into the background while the music played.

I use the Andromeda a lot as it is one of my favorites and also my reset my ears earphone whilst reviewing. I dont notice hiss much If at all on the many daps I use.

Only on the Hifi-m8 which later had a special lower gain version for iems.

If you are sensitive try the ifi IEMatch ifi ibuddy?

The difference between 1 and 2 ohms output impedance is audiable but not too significant.
The CEntrance has an impedance switch of 1,2,1 which is useful for testing.

@haoyuan

Edit: This made me go back and read my review :)
I mention about the faint hiss (2.5mm) in the last section.

Thank your for taking the time to check out the hiss. I do find that SE has lower hiss than BO, but both are audible. I’ve ordered the iEmatch and will test that, but I think in the end I will probably learn to live with the hiss. After all only the quietest music will exhibit the kiss. From what I understand, there are other high end players out there that hisses even worse than the X7II using the andromeda?

On a side note, The andromeda is great with BO. At 1.7 OI the mids and highs are exhilarating.

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #3,104 of 6,207
Regarding the 2 slots on the X7 Mark II. The system is only natively designed to work with one slot. To drive the second slot, it was added as an additional device that requires resources to run. So because it being a separate device, it’s slower, drains battery, and generally not as stable as the 1st slot. Neutron is my native player and slot 2 would dismount sometimes for no apparent reason.

If you don’t need the space, just stay with 1 slot. I don’t really mind the battery drain because I like having an extra 256GB for songs I’ll never listen to, or for DSD128 albums so I have slot 2 occupied.
You are right about slot 2. But if i may point out, one of the most alluring features if not the most, is the fact it can take dual mSD cards. Now I would certainly not be happy if I buy it for that very purpose and not being able to use it as intended. Having said that, i do have a X5 III with very similar specs SoC and mSD slot wise and TBH i haven't faced any real difficulties with the slot 2 and i use 128 x 2 cards from day one.

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #3,105 of 6,207
From my experience, the Andromeda hiss on everything BUT the Aune M1S on balanced. I have both daps and the M1S has the cleanest output of all DAPs i have ever tried.
The X7 II balanced output is pretty clean though.

Seems like the consensus here is that while AM3A has hiss on Andromeda, it’s not a deal breaker and certainly not the worse in high end players. I guess I can sleep better now knowing that I don’t have to worry about leaving Fiio to get rid of the hiss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back