FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Dec 3, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #3,136 of 6,207
Noted. Thank you so much! One more thing, can you please tell me more about the sq of re2000?
To my ears, RE2000 is the best dynamic IEM I ever heard. Impactful low to clear and highly resolving high (no sibilance though) with great balance.
But my opinion may be biased as a big fan of Hifiman sound signature. I love my HE1kv2.

Dec 3, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #3,137 of 6,207
I wanted to let you know that X7mkii is truly amazing in its abilities to drive and sound great with multiple IEMs! I just finished writing about UM Martian, and X7mkii really got a good part of my ears time :smile_phones:

To my ears, RE2000 is the best dynamic IEM I ever heard. Impactful low to clear and highly resolving high (no sibilance though) with great balance.
But my opinion may be biased as a big fan of Hifiman sound signature. I love my HE1kv2.

I love RE2000 as well! https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.ro/2017/11/hifiman-re2000-amazing-ample-absolute.html

You might have seen my review on them, and X7mkii was actually one of my favorite sources for driving them!~

Dec 3, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #3,138 of 6,207
I wanted to let you know that X7mkii is truly amazing in its abilities to drive and sound great with multiple IEMs! I just finished writing about UM Martian, and X7mkii really got a good part of my ears time :smile_phones:

I love RE2000 as well! https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.ro/2017/11/hifiman-re2000-amazing-ample-absolute.html

You might have seen my review on them, and X7mkii was actually one of my favorite sources for driving them!~
Yes, that is a great review. I should have mentioned about it in my post.

Dec 4, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #3,139 of 6,207
hey guys, have been reading a lot about the X7 Mark II....I currently have Lg G6 which also has ESS DAC...wanted to know if X7 Mark II will be a huge upgrade from Lg G6 sound quality ?

I dont mind the inferior software of FIIO as its purely for music purpose

Dec 4, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #3,140 of 6,207
hey guys, have been reading a lot about the X7 Mark II....I currently have Lg G6 which also has ESS DAC...wanted to know if X7 Mark II will be a huge upgrade from Lg G6 sound quality ?

Yes it will be an upgrade! Always difficult to say how much, it depends on how you hear it and which headphones/iem you use. Don't expect night and day difference though.

The X7ii has more power behind every note and better instrument separation. The G6 can be a little thin in direct comparison. It's like going from a (good)Toyota to a BMW :).

For easy to drive headphones/iems the difference is smaller or maybe not noticeable at all.

Dec 4, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #3,141 of 6,207

I had G6 for 2 months. To my ears, the G6 SQ on par with midfi DAPs, while Fiio X7ii is on another league.

Dec 4, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #3,142 of 6,207

To my ears, X7mkii is better than any smartphone I tested it against, but then again, no smartphone really satisfied me so far audio wise :darthsmile:

Dec 4, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #3,143 of 6,207
Thanks guys

As for headphones I have sennheiser hd 599, Audeze sine, audeze isine 10 and sennheiser ie800 as my high end collections

Also I intend to get sennheiser hd 660s once it’s available here

Do you recommend me to stick with G6 for these or upgrade to Fiio X7 II ?

Dec 4, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #3,144 of 6,207
Thanks guys

As for headphones I have sennheiser hd 599, Audeze sine, audeze isine 10 and sennheiser ie800 as my high end collections

For HD660, X7mkii is much better over G6. Maybe even for HD599, as when I tested them, they were quite a bit power hungry.

Dec 4, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #3,145 of 6,207
For HD660, X7mkii is much better over G6. Maybe even for HD599, as when I tested them, they were quite a bit power hungry.
Thanks again

The problem with G6 is that it engages its quad dac with full power only to headphones with 50ohms and above

Only hd599 gets that options on G6 rest all specialty the planar magnetic ones does not gets full power

Dec 4, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #3,146 of 6,207
Thanks guys

I haven't heard any of these headphones, but again only your ears can decide it. If sound quality is the most important thing, then for me the X7ii would be an upgrade.

Why not buy the X7ii and keep the G6, this is head fi, we need more than one device for music....:)

Dec 4, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #3,147 of 6,207
I haven't heard any of these headphones, but again only your ears can decide it. If sound quality is the most important thing, then for me the X7ii would be an upgrade.

Why not buy the X7ii and keep the G6, this is head fi, we need more than one device for music....:)
Well I will sell the G6 after I get X7ii bcoz it’s my secondary phone got at cheaper price with quad dac so kept it so far

Dec 4, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #3,149 of 6,207
Thanks again

The problem with G6 is that it engages its quad dac with full power only to headphones with 50ohms and above

Only hd599 gets that options on G6 rest all specialty the planar magnetic ones does not gets full power

I don't think that it can properly power HD599, or at least I'd argue that it wouldn't be enough for me. Then again, I tend to listen to short periods of time and to extreme loud leves, so YMMV.

Which filter modes you guys use in x7ii and how effective is eq in it from pure music mode?

I am using Brick wall on most of my equipment since it should be the most neutral one - or most honest one. Never used pure music mode, Android mode works juuust fine, and it is smooth in operation, so there's no reason to fiddle with pure music mode. I found that I prefer Android mode on every single device I have, so no reason to fiddle with it.

Dec 4, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #3,150 of 6,207
I don't think that it can properly power HD599, or at least I'd argue that it wouldn't be enough for me. Then again, I tend to listen to short periods of time and to extreme loud leves, so YMMV.

I am using Brick wall on most of my equipment since it should be the most neutral one - or most honest one. Never used pure music mode, Android mode works juuust fine, and it is smooth in operation, so there's no reason to fiddle with pure music mode. I found that I prefer Android mode on every single device I have, so no reason to fiddle with it.
Cool , do you use eq on x7ii and how’s its response ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back