FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Aug 8, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #692 of 6,207
Hopefully they decide to sell the units without amp modules or with different amp modules like with the first generation. It was nice being able to buy an X7 with an AM5 module.

Aug 8, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #693 of 6,207
Placed my order for X7 II. Should be here Saturday. Not quite happy with the X5 III, it got real glitchy when I loaded it up with two full 256GB SD cards.
Now listening to my old trusty X5 1st Gen. Also have X7 1st Gen, my favorite at present time...................Jim

Aug 8, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #694 of 6,207
Oh, I see!

X7mkii shouldn't have any hiss, Opus #3 doesn't have any hiss, and DX200 shouldn't have any hiss. I will receive X7mkii and DX200 soon and will be able to confirm for sure, but for now I can already confirm that Opus #3 doesn't have any hiss.
Interested by your comparison to come between X7II and Dx200...

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #695 of 6,207
The DX200 will not do Tidal with the Ibasso F/W, you need to use a third party like Lurker. I have the DX200 and love it, but it will not run Playstore without 3rd party F/W. Heck, I can't even run a Seagate WiFi drive because it verifies against Playstore. So esentially WiFi is useless without 3rd party F/W. So esentially I am stuck, because I don't run 3rd party F/W.

Woah, I had no idea about this. Will test and see if I can make a little guide for installing third party apps when I get to play with it. I do think that I should be able to find a solution of sorts.

Interested by your comparison to come between X7II and Dx200...

Currently waiting for both packages to arrive actually!:darthsmile:

Knowing Romania and such, I hope that the packages won't get stuck in customs as it happened before to some packages of mine :triportsad:

Aug 8, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #696 of 6,207
Currently waiting for both packages to arrive actually!:darthsmile:

Knowing Romania and such, I hope that the packages won't get stuck in customs as it happened before to some packages of mine :triportsad:

George, where did you buy your X7 2nd? I ordered mine on Amazon.co.uk and there wasn't even the option of expedity or registered shipment!!
So I wait blinded, expected 9-16 Aug. Even worse we've been fustigated by strong winds for one whole week with dozens of diverged flights.

Can't you ask for some help from Dracula to deal with customs? :imp:

Aug 8, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #697 of 6,207
George, where did you buy your X7 2nd? I ordered mine on Amazon.co.uk and there wasn't even the option of expedity or registered shipment!!
So I wait blinded, expected 9-16 Aug. Even worse we've been fustigated by strong winds for one whole week with dozens of diverged flights.

Can't you ask for some help from Dracula to deal with customs? :imp:

Mine is a tour unit at the moment, so directly from FiiO.

We had a storm near my home. It literally unrooted some of the trees around here, some of them 30m tall. Broke some fences and after the storm, there was water dripping inside, pretty crazy weather I'd say... Some folks had all the trees in their gardens unrooted and dragged off, so you can picture how it looked.

You wouldn't believe how much problems I had with some customs before, I really hope that things will begin to get better here. I asked FiiO to avoid DHL because they even opened the AP200 package on Friday... They say that it is for inspection. What they're doing, is they want to see if they can get more money from you because their customs service is different from the Romanian customs and they can keep the money if they can exort the money from people :triportsad:

This time I hope that UPS won't cause such horrors.

At any rate, our vampires can't help us with customs, they are scared to get close to any customs companies :smile_phones:

Aug 8, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #698 of 6,207
Did a battery drain test comparing the runtime of X7ii and X5iii from fully charged.

Both set to Pure Music Mode, Screen off, WiFi & BT off, No EQ, High Gain and at Maximum Volume (120). Both players playing the same playlist from SD card and both with Beyerdynamic T5p running SE.

X7ii- 7 hours 40 minutes. (lost 13% battery per hour).

X5iii- 8 hours 47 minutes. (lost 11% battery per hour).

X7ii ran at approx 3⁰C higher temperature than X5iii during the test.

Aug 8, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #699 of 6,207
Did a battery drain test comparing the runtime of X7ii and X5iii from fully charged.

Both set to Pure Music Mode, Screen off, WiFi & BT off, No EQ, High Gain and at Maximum Volume (120). Both players playing the same playlist from SD card and both with Beyerdynamic T5p running SE.

X7ii- 7 hours 40 minutes. (lost 13% battery per hour).

X5iii- 8 hours 47 minutes. (lost 11% battery per hour).

X7ii ran at approx 3⁰C higher temperature than X5iii during the test.

Hi, did you have the possibility to compare the sound quality between X5iii and X7ii using both in SE output?
Thanks!

Aug 8, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #700 of 6,207
Hi, did you have the possibility to compare the sound quality between X5iii and X7ii using both in SE output?
Thanks!

I did. So much. With different phones, but mainly with T5p Gen2. To my ears I really cannot tell much of a difference, but the X5iii seemed maybe a bit fuller sounding on just a couple of tracks. I would say that there is not much separating the two.

Its really hard to do a direct comparison because the X5iii is more powerful SE than the X7ii (Test tracked Max Volume X7ii- 120.7 dBC vs X5iii- 122.8 dBC) so it may just be the little extra power making the difference to the sound beefing up the bass a touch.

I tested with CD rips from SD card and also playing the same tracks simultaneously on Tidal HiFi. Both sound really good to me, but I seem to prefer the X5iii...

Aug 8, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #702 of 6,207
Thank you very much! I hope to read a similar post about a comparison with the new Hidizs AP200. Regards!

That AP200 looks kinda similar to the X5iii, but the X5iii looks better with the smartphone like SD card holders, and straight edged body shape. The only thing I would change on the X5iii is to put the power switch on top like the X7ii, instead of on the side. Form factor wise I think it's great.

You might get tiny differences between different DAP's, but you get a massive change between different headphones. Both Oppo PM-3 and T5p both go really well with the X5 & X7 and have a similar-ish sound, just the T5p is much wider clearer and spacious. The DT1770 Pro have really good tight bass, but are much flatter so the top end is much more subdued.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #703 of 6,207
What is this going to be the expected price in India?

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #705 of 6,207

Users who are viewing this thread

Back