FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Jun 21, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #5,792 of 6,207
Does anyone know where I can get the screws used on the amp modules within the EU? I bought some T5 screws from Amazon.co.uk, but they were too short.
Dear friend,

Maybe you could try to contact our seller in UK directly to see if they could provide some for you.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 21, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #5,793 of 6,207
Thanks, but my dealer is AdvancedMP3Players.co.uk and I've been waiting for about a year for a screen protector for an iBasso DX200 I bought from them.

All I need is the specification of the screw and I can source it myself.

Jun 21, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #5,794 of 6,207
If the proposed M13 is indeed going to be next year, I think FiiO might lose more than a few potential customers to the iBasso DX220.

Hi Darren. Don't get tempted by the IBasso DX220. I got one yesterday at 15% discount (new). It's nowhere near as good as the X7ii. The vocals are dreadful, it sounds like the vocalists are performing in a different room to the instrumentalists.
The software is clunky and NOT intuitive and the touch screen unresponsive. It will be going back next week.. I'll never complain about FiiO software again. I use it in folder mode without any problem.

I'm on my second X7ii. I sold my first one, having been tempted by an A&K KANN because of its' massive storage, but again, I didn't think it sounded as good as the FiiO so I sold the KANN and bought another FiiO.

Regards, Dave

Amended 2245 BST

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #5,795 of 6,207
Hi Darren. Don't get tempted by the IBasso DX220. I got one yesterday at 15% discount (new). It's nowhere near as good as the X7ii. The vocals are dreadful, it sounds like the vocalists are performing in a different room to the instrumentalists.
The software is clunky and intuitive and the touch screen unresponsive. It will be going back next week.. I'll never complain about FiiO software again. I use it in folder mode without any problem.

I'm on my second X7ii. I sold my first one, having been tempted by an A&K KANN because of its' massive storage, but again, I didn't think it sounded as good as the FiiO so I sold the KANN and bought another FiiO.

Regards, Dave

It’s funny you just posted this, as I am having this exact same experience right now. I got tired of waiting for Fiio to put out another flagship so I thought I’d give the IBasso DX220 a try. Got it this afternoon.

So far, I’m not impressed. The screen is nice, but it seems just as buggy as the X7II and the stock music player is a nightmare to use. The sound quality is good, but I have to give the X7II the edge. And the battery drains so fast I can’t keep up with it.

This comes right after I auditioned the KANN Cube, which is s beautiful piece of hardware but didn’t give me anything in sound quality that I wasn’t already getting from the X7II.

I just wish Fiio would come out with the next one already so I can buy it already.

Jun 21, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #5,797 of 6,207
It’s funny you just posted this, as I am having this exact same experience right now. I got tired of waiting for Fiio to put out another flagship so I thought I’d give the IBasso DX220 a try. Got it this afternoon.

So far, I’m not impressed. The screen is nice, but it seems just as buggy as the X7II and the stock music player is a nightmare to use. The sound quality is good, but I have to give the X7II the edge. And the battery drains so fast I can’t keep up with it.

This comes right after I auditioned the KANN Cube, which is s beautiful piece of hardware but didn’t give me anything in sound quality that I wasn’t already getting from the X7II.

I just wish Fiio would come out with the next one already so I can buy it already.

Hi Peter. It's an expensive hobby, especially with upgradeitus. I was very disappointed with the DX220, especially having read the bull reviews praising it to high heavens. I had the same problem with the music player, isn't it awful. I couldn't get the music to load half of the time, even though I had scanned it, it just didn't respond most of the time when pressing the icon. The sound isn't bad, but the vocals sound muffled and not as good as the FiiO. I've been comparing them all afternoon and evening and I far prefer the FiiO in all respects.

James from FiiO posted a couple of months ago, that they wouldn't be making any more top of the line DAPs and wouldn't be making any more with two sd cards slots. I hope they change their minds, who knows.

I've done a reset on the DX220 and put it on charge, ready to send it back. One thing I've noticed, I've had about four or five firmware updates, since I got it yesterday, so they've obviously released it before they had sorted the firmware/software out.

Best regards, Dave

Jun 21, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #5,799 of 6,207
I wonder how the sound of the M11 compares to the X7II. Probably not well, considering the huge price difference between them.

Not the M11, the M11 pro, which I think is slated for an October release. It will have dual top of the line AK DAC chips and will be a completely different animal than the standard M11 with a price tag to match. Still a single micro SD card slot I believe.

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #5,801 of 6,207
Now that sounds worth waiting for.

I agree. The M series are much more sleek looking, with higher res displays and a customized version of Android that while not as versatile as the one used in the X7II is much more stable. They have been a little short in the absolute sound quality in comparison to the X series so if FiiO is able to marry the best of the M series with the best of the X series you should be looking at a sure fire slam dunk of a DAP.

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #5,802 of 6,207
I agree. The M series are much more sleek looking, with higher res displays and a customized version of Android that while not as versatile as the one used in the X7II is much more stable. They have been a little short in the absolute sound quality in comparison to the X series so if FiiO is able to marry the best of the M series with the best of the X series you should be looking at a sure fire slam dunk of a DAP.

And, maybe it’ll come in at the same price or under what the DX220 goes for. Fiio always seems to do a good job keeping to the lower end of the price ranges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back