FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
May 29, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #5,761 of 6,207
Using x7ii, kernel version 3.0101+, i keep hearing pops and crackles when changing songs in the Fiio music app., really bad for any IEM that I am using. Any fix to it?
I'm only hearing pops and crackles when i play songs after pause for a while, i think it is when the DAC start to work.

May 31, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #5,762 of 6,207
I wonder if these are worth getting now that they are lowering in price or are they too buggy too bother with

May 31, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #5,763 of 6,207
I wonder if these are worth getting now that they are lowering in price or are they too buggy too bother with

Get them for less than 400$ likenew and definitely a steal.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #5,765 of 6,207

Just bought the new module AM3D (thx AAA) - I have already the AM3B -

For me amp interchangeability together with the fantastic sound, is a must. Go buy it.

Jun 1, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #5,766 of 6,207
Just bought the new module AM3D (thx AAA) - I have already the AM3B -

For me amp interchangeability together with the fantastic sound, is a must. Go buy it.

I'm currently using AM3A, what's your impressions on the AM3D THX AAA. The price boost from 99 to 179 kinda hold me back

Jun 1, 2019 at 3:58 AM Post #5,767 of 6,207
G
I'm currently using AM3A, what's your impressions on the AM3D THX AAA. The price boost from 99 to 179 kinda hold me back

Am3d is on this way with DHL and will arrive beginning of next week.
Yes is quite expensive, and I am very curious to compare with am3b which I already own. IMO am3b is superior to am3a.

Jun 2, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #5,771 of 6,207
Jun 4, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #5,772 of 6,207
So, i have received yesterday the AM3D thx module.
First of all i must say that there is only the module and not the silicon transparent case with larger hole, but the one of the am3b fits perfectly.

I am not a professional reviewer so please take my observations as just an indication.

I tested both the modules with two iem: Moondrop Blessing and Fearless S8F.
Both with the same cable, (standard fearless cable because the one of the Blessing is crap), cable is single ended not balanced.
Balanced should sound better i know, but i havent still bought one, since i got the the 3B last week and the s8F are on sale because i would like to buy fiio FH7 that have mmcx connectors and checking with Blessings my actual reference that are 2pin instead.

Anyway, my impression are that both the modules sounds very good and both better than the stock one. (am3a). I feel the soundstange wider in the thx one, but deeper in the 3B. 3B is a bit warmer, there is more body, but the 3D is more extended on treble, they are very similar on low bass. Mid bass i think is slightly better on 3B.

So, IMO all will depends on which IEM you are using, which is its sounds signature, if it is neutral/harman like Blessing then i think you could stick on the AM3B, if it is more mid/treble centric and a with no so large soundstage like S8F perhaps is better the 3D. (marginal better over the 3B)

the sound signature of the 3D is very similar to 3A but much improved.

On power output, on single ended connection for me are the same, no noticeable difference,

i repeat these are my personal sensations with my iem and tips and my ears.

Jun 4, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #5,773 of 6,207
So, i have received yesterday the AM3D thx module.
First of all i must say that there is only the module and not the silicon transparent case with larger hole, but the one of the am3b fits perfectly.

I am not a professional reviewer so please take my observations as just an indication.

I tested both the modules with two iem: Moondrop Blessing and Fearless S8F.
Both with the same cable, (standard fearless cable because the one of the Blessing is crap), cable is single ended not balanced.
Balanced should sound better i know, but i havent still bought one, since i got the the 3B last week and the s8F are on sale because i would like to buy fiio FH7 that have mmcx connectors and checking with Blessings my actual reference that are 2pin instead.

Anyway, my impression are that both the modules sounds very good and both better than the stock one. (am3a). I feel the soundstange wider in the thx one, but deeper in the 3B. 3B is a bit warmer, there is more body, but the 3D is more extended on treble, they are very similar on low bass. Mid bass i think is slightly better on 3B.

So, IMO all will depends on which IEM you are using, which is its sounds signature, if it is neutral/harman like Blessing then i think you could stick on the AM3B, if it is more mid/treble centric and a with no so large soundstage like S8F perhaps is better the 3D. (marginal better over the 3B)

the sound signature of the 3D is very similar to 3A but much improved.

On power output, on single ended connection for me are the same, no noticeable difference,

i repeat these are my personal sensations with my iem and tips and my ears.

Thanks for the impression of the AM3D. I’m considering picking up an X7ii and AM3D. From what you say it sounds like it is quite close to the 3B.

Jun 4, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #5,774 of 6,207
Thanks for the impression of the AM3D. I’m considering picking up an X7ii and AM3D. From what you say it sounds like it is quite close to the 3B.

yes, there is no such big difference for me. At the moment i am using the 3B because of the iem i am using. It have a little more body, and also if it is a little bit less extended of the 3D i prefer it with the Blessing that are very very neutral.

3B became more warm than 3D during the use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back