FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Dec 8, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #3,241 of 6,207
Your ears don't adjust to sibilance though.

Dec 8, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #3,245 of 6,207
Dec 8, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #3,249 of 6,207
ambient temp is quite cool here, its winter but player getting too warm and so soon is unusual for me

What volume level, what power amp, do you have Wifi on, BT on, and are you using high gain?

Mine is a cool potatoe with AMP3A, on HG, at about 100 / 120 volume, but I have wifi disabled, BT disabled.

...and compression level.

Oh yes!

iDSD Files can also make a DAP much warmer.

Dec 8, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #3,250 of 6,207
What volume level, what power amp, do you have Wifi on, BT on, and are you using high gain?

Mine is a cool potatoe with AMP3A, on HG, at about 100 / 120 volume, but I have wifi disabled, BT disabled.

Oh yes!

iDSD Files can also make a DAP much warmer.
Flac files and some are 24bit, high gain, high performance mode, wifi on

i will try wifi off and see if it keeps it running cool

Dec 8, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #3,251 of 6,207
ambient temp is quite cool here, its winter but player getting too warm and so soon is unusual for me

That’s what we usually call the “burning” period :wink: no worries, it depends with a few things but its pretty normal...

Dec 8, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #3,252 of 6,207
It does have a (pretty short) burn-in time though, at first it was giving me sibilance, which went away pretty quickly. The instrument separation improved at the same time.
You do realise FiiO has every unit tested (basically put on a burn-in cycle) so they can check performance and measurements, as well as catching any defects before they are packed and shipped? So any further burn-in you think you are experiencing is simply psycho-acoustic.

Dec 8, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #3,253 of 6,207
You do realise FiiO has every unit tested (basically put on a burn-in cycle) so they can check performance and measurements, as well as catching any defects before they are packed and shipped? So any further burn-in you think you are experiencing is simply psycho-acoustic.

Do they actually do a very lengthy test with all the devices they produce? And I can't explain sibilance disappearing through psycho-accoustics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back