FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Dec 5, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #3,181 of 6,207
All players should circumvent the src, not only fiio.

Indeed, but some of them, like PowerAmp for instance, resample to a single frequency, instead of playing at the recorded frequency and don't support all the frequencies the DAC is capable of.

Dec 5, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #3,182 of 6,207
I consider DX200 with my firmware modification (actually, with some Android parts rewritten from the ground, and new software added) my end game DAP! DX200 is just unique on the market by its feature set. Do you take my point?

Absolutely! iBasso were never an option where I live. Had been interesting to compare but never the less, I'm very happy with my choice as well.

OK, I'd better back to lurking in this thread

Thanks for your input, nice of you to drop by.

Dec 5, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #3,183 of 6,207
So yeah, I bought this over the AK70 MKII. I know it's a bit dopey to be too enthused five minutes after trying the player for all of twenty minutes but it's honestly night and day from the X5-III from my perspective on first listen. Quick question, is there a breakdown of how one should approach the low pass filter options? In layman's terms, what are the properties of each?

Dec 5, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #3,184 of 6,207
So yeah, I bought this over the AK70 MKII. I know it's a bit dopey to be too enthused five minutes after trying the player for all of twenty minutes but it's honestly night and day from the X5-III from my perspective on first listen. Quick question, is there a breakdown of how one should approach the low pass filter options? In layman's terms, what are the properties of each?
Your ears do not lie. I sold the X5iii quickly after getting the x7ii. I would never listen to the X5iii alone back then anyway, always used A5.

As for filters...

IMG_1667 (1).JPG
IMG_1668 (1).JPG

Dec 5, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #3,185 of 6,207
Your ears do not lie. I sold the X5iii quickly after getting the x7ii. I would never listen to the X5iii alone back then anyway, always used A5.

As for filters...

Hah, very helpful thank you, but it's super fun having lots of options all with advantages and having to select the advantage you want the most. I'd guess these are pretty subtle differences, but I like the sound of the minimum phase slow roll-off filter to go with the Z1R with its already pretty stellar bass. (by the way, a headphone I feel deserves better credit than its detractors bash it with with each day I own em)

Dec 6, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #3,186 of 6,207
Absolutely! iBasso were never an option where I live. Had been interesting to compare but never the less, I'm very happy with my choice as well.

Thanks for your input, nice of you to drop by.
Neutron works extremely well with the X7MkII imho, I have had no issues.

Dec 6, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #3,189 of 6,207
just got my X7ii...great DAP and UI is not that bad as everyone is saying ... its fine for a DAP no lag etc

I just noticed that my sennheiser hd 599 with 50 ohm had to be on vol above 80 to really get most out of it even on high gain....I wonder if higher ohm headphones like HD 660s will play good on the am3a amp ?

and which filter you guys suggest for headphones like hd 599 ?

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #3,191 of 6,207
does these 3rd party music players uses the full potential of the x7ii dac/amp ? or leaves something lacking which we only get in fiio music ?

This is subject to debate at the moment. According to FiiO 3rd-party apps can circumvent Android's SRC and make use of the X7MkII's full potential, but it looks like this needs some tweaking on the developers' side.

Neutron works fine, though, as far as I can tell, the only exception being "native" DSD support.

Dec 6, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #3,192 of 6,207
Dec 6, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #3,193 of 6,207
Take note that the Samsung T5 side is USB-C (not micro-USB). I'm searching about six month for a short OTG cable micro-USB to USB-C (that the micro-USB side is the host) but at today that cable not exist.
You can get one when you buy a AK CD-Ripper 2.
But too expensive just for a cable...

9936124_l.jpg

Dec 6, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #3,194 of 6,207
You can get one when you buy a AK CD-Ripper 2.
But too expensive just for a cable...
9936124_l.jpg

That cable not run for this case because in that cable the host is the USB-C (to connect to the AK SP100) and the micro-USB is to the AK CD-Ripper (that is not the host). I own a similar cable and not run. Needs a cable micro-USB to USB-C that the host be the micro-USB not the USB-C. And today, that cable not exist.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #3,195 of 6,207
That cable not run for this case because in that cable the host is the USB-C (to connect to the AK SP100) and the micro-USB is to the AK CD-Ripper (that is not the host). I own a similar cable and not run. Needs a cable micro-USB to USB-C that the host be the micro-USB not the USB-C. And today, that cable not exist.
I see. Seems like you know a lot about USB. I now understand that SP1000 becomes the host and uses the CD-Ripper as a slave (or USB peripheral device).
I have one question here. Usually the host supplies the power. But in this CD-Ripper setup, CD-Ripper supplies the power to SP1000 (charging). So the power direction is independent of this host-slave relationship?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back