FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Dec 4, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #3,151 of 6,207
Cool , do you use eq on x7ii and how’s its response ?

I did use it for some headphones and IEMs. It is okay - does what it has to, without introducing distortion or issues.

It is graphical, so a person with really thick fingers like me has to play a bit before I can fine tune it, and I was slightly more comfy with X5ii's EQ implementation, but as far as a touchscreen EQ works, it is one of the best.

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #3,152 of 6,207
I did use it for some headphones and IEMs. It is okay - does what it has to, without introducing distortion or issues.

It is graphical, so a person with really thick fingers like me has to play a bit before I can fine tune it, and I was slightly more comfy with X5ii's EQ implementation, but as far as a touchscreen EQ works, it is one of the best.
thats good to know, I was more concerned on introduction of noise or distortion when using the graphical as I have experienced with lower end FIIO players

also without eq an in stock settings hows the bass? I find G6 with ESS DAC the bass is little thin and I suppose DAC in G6 is same as was in FIIO F7 1st Gen

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #3,153 of 6,207
thats good to know, I was more concerned on introduction of noise or distortion when using the graphical as I have experienced with lower end FIIO players

also without eq an in stock settings hows the bass? I find G6 with ESS DAC the bass is little thin and I suppose DAC in G6 is same as was in FIIO F7 1st Gen

If your IEMs or headphones have good bass, the bass is amazing!

HD599 should have a really good amount of bass. Hd660 as well.

ie800 has earth-shattering amounts of sub-bass, but it has a thinner midrange by its nature, that is the tonality of the IEM. I love it as it is, but you want a thicker sounding IEM, maybe RE200 or Xelento would also be nice for you. Ie800S should also be amazingly natural

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #3,154 of 6,207
I guess the software quality shouldn't be surprising, as China in general has a lot more experience in developing hardware than software and FiiO is mainly a hardware company. They just need some time to catch up on software development.

I would suggest they approach Gonemad or one of the other Android music app developers and tweak (to avoid SRC) and rebadge it as Fiio Music 2.0 (isn't the current app rebadged Hiby ?). That has to be easier and more pleasing to the customer base.

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #3,155 of 6,207
If your IEMs or headphones have good bass, the bass is amazing!

HD599 should have a really good amount of bass. Hd660 as well.

ie800 has earth-shattering amounts of sub-bass, but it has a thinner midrange by its nature, that is the tonality of the IEM. I love it as it is, but you want a thicker sounding IEM, maybe RE200 or Xelento would also be nice for you. Ie800S should also be amazingly natural
hey buddy, can you pls share what other players you have and hows X7ii compared to them ? also which headphones and IEM you use

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #3,156 of 6,207
hey buddy, can you pls share what other players you have and hows X7ii compared to them ? also which headphones and IEM you use

Lots of both...

FiiO X7mkii, Opus #3, Opus #2, iBasso DX200, Shanling M2s, HIDIZS AP200, FiiO X5ii, iDSD BL...

ie800, RE2000, Xelento, RE800, DK-3001, UM Martian, FiiO F9, Kinera H3, Simgot EN700Bass, Ultrasone Sig Studio, Ultrasone Dj 1 Pro, and many many more...

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #3,157 of 6,207
Lots of both...

FiiO X7mkii, Opus #3, Opus #2, iBasso DX200, Shanling M2s, HIDIZS AP200, FiiO X5ii, iDSD BL...

ie800, RE2000, Xelento, RE800, DK-3001, UM Martian, FiiO F9, Kinera H3, Simgot EN700Bass, Ultrasone Sig Studio, Ultrasone Dj 1 Pro, and many many more...

wow you are a pro :)

can you pls share your experience with X7ii paired with IE800 and FIIO F9, as I have only these 2 of your collections :)

and which over-ear headphone you recommend with X7ii for best result ?

Dec 4, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #3,158 of 6,207
Dec 4, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #3,159 of 6,207
wow you are a pro :)

can you pls share your experience with X7ii paired with IE800 and FIIO F9, as I have only these 2 of your collections :)

and which over-ear headphone you recommend with X7ii for best result ?

Both ie800 and F9 sound excellent with X7mkii. I'll do a full review for F9 sometime soon.

As for over-the-ear headphone, it really depends on your tastes. A LOT. I'd recommend a safe option like Meze 99 Classics for starters, but they have a very different signature than either ie800 or F9.

Dec 4, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #3,160 of 6,207
Both ie800 and F9 sound excellent with X7mkii. I'll do a full review for F9 sometime soon.

As for over-the-ear headphone, it really depends on your tastes. A LOT. I'd recommend a safe option like Meze 99 Classics for starters, but they have a very different signature than either ie800 or F9.
well I do have sennheiser HD 599 and sennheiser momentum 2.0 and I am interested in getting HD 660s when its avaiable

if you have experience fiio x7ii with HD 599 or other similar sennheiser model can share your experience pls...

Dec 4, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #3,161 of 6,207
I would suggest they approach Gonemad or one of the other Android music app developers and tweak (to avoid SRC) and rebadge it as Fiio Music 2.0 (isn't the current app rebadged Hiby ?). That has to be easier and more pleasing to the customer base.

GoneMAD looks nice, hadn't heard of that one before. If the current player is Hiby then I guess FiiO is not developing it themselves. What would be nice is if they detached the player from the Firmware and offered updates through the play store, like HTC does. This way bugs could be fixed much faster. I'm not sure this would be possible in combination with Pure Music Mode though.

I wonder if they could get some Android modification help from the talented people at XDA-developers.

Dec 4, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #3,162 of 6,207
Recieve today my FiiO X7 Mark II and accesories:

20171204_144426.jpg

20171201_181024.jpg

I want to check sound between diferent filters and comparision between AM3A vs AM3 with my Senheisser HD800 connected to the balanced output.

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #3,163 of 6,207
The X7ii might have a few bugs for some people my only issue is its a bit sluggish at times which to me seems odd being it has gb of RAM, I think it needs more optimising as my onkyo is never sluggish with the same amount. However, I absolutely love the sq of this and my Alclair RSM CIEMs!!!! I will diffently be buying this! All DAP manufacturers have there flaws but this has excellent build quality and I'm sure FiiO will keep working hard to fix the bugs.

Dec 4, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #3,164 of 6,207
The X7ii might have a few bugs for some people my only issue is its a bit sluggish at times which to me seems odd being it has gb of RAM, I think it needs more optimising as my onkyo is never sluggish with the same amount. However, I absolutely love the sq of this and my Alclair RSM CIEMs!!!! I will diffently be buying this! All DAP manufacturers have there flaws but this has excellent build quality and I'm sure FiiO will keep working hard to fix the bugs.

The problem lies on the weak processor. Onkyo has good processor even though its a bit old.

Im pretty satisfied with x7ii SQ though. Maybe you can try lurker firmware regarding the performance. Heard its quite improved.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back