FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Sep 7, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #1,606 of 6,207
Hi, guys.

Has anyone tried X7MKII with K5 and want to share the experience? I'm considering buying them both. :)

Sep 7, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #1,607 of 6,207
I have been reviewing and supporting FiiO for the last 3+ years and received every product they released over that period of time, so I do have a history with FiiO, and know that James and Sunny are good sport to take criticism because they like honest reviews, and I can say they really stepped it up with X7ii, though the latest amp3 module with dx200 is something else, pushing the sound quality of that combo ahead of many other DAPs.

Regarding similar web, they are not accurate, more like a guesstimate, since I know my blog traffic based on internal WP analytics tools (and it's on average about 5k higher a month). But it doesn't matter. I don't make it a secret that i receive all my review samples free of charge, and put it as the first line of my every review. But, I think the reason many of these companies send review samples to me, you, Paul, and other reviewers because they respect our opinion, because we cover the product from different perspective, because we compare it to different products, and describe different pair up scenarios, etc. It has nothing to do with a blog traffic or YT channel subscribers or the amount of Likes received on head-fi. Don't you agree? At least I want to believe that lol!!!!

I know we are getting a bit off topic here, and I gotta give you credit for opening a can of worms with dx200 vs x7ii discussion lol!!!

Ok, back to a regularly scheduled X7ii program!!! :)
The kids get nervous when the parents fight. I know you're not fighting, but you are two of about 4 that really seem reliable and you know what you're talking about. Hey I'm just a 60+ guy whose hearing is about what you'd expect. I love following the discussion and use it to guide my purchases, but I suspect I can't hear a lot of the subtleties you discuss. Anyway, I love the conversation. Thank you to all the reviewers!

Sep 8, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #1,608 of 6,207
Part of the value of threads like this is comparisons to competing/ alternate products like x5iii and dx200 and Opus 2. I hope that comparisons are always part of the discussion as that constitutes much of the value for me when I am in shopping mode. Rudeness and snarkiness I can do without. Reading posts by the hour part of my entertainment - how pathetic/awesome is that!

Sep 8, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #1,609 of 6,207
The kids get nervous when the parents fight. I know you're not fighting, but you are two of about 4 that really seem reliable and you know what you're talking about. Hey I'm just a 60+ guy whose hearing is about what you'd expect. I love following the discussion and use it to guide my purchases, but I suspect I can't hear a lot of the subtleties you discuss. Anyway, I love the conversation. Thank you to all the reviewers!

In your case, if the choice is between X7ii and DX200 - save yourself money and go with X7ii :)

Sep 8, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #1,611 of 6,207
Hi, have just received my X7 MKII , Except the fact that sounds qualities are exceptional ! I have few questions for you guys : what can i do to save the battery in order to have more listening times ? I don't see any replaygain mode ! What is the latest FW update ? Thanks in advance , and sorry for my English !

Sep 8, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #1,612 of 6,207
Hi, have just received my X7 MKII , Except the fact that sounds qualities are exceptional ! I have few questions for you guys : what can i do to save the battery in order to have more listening times ? I don't see any replaygain mode ! What is the latest FW update ? Thanks in advance , and sorry for my English !
Hi! I have wifi and bluetooth disabled, screen contrast set to 1/3-1/2 and switch the X7 mk2 off when I am not listening for over 1 hour.
As far as I know, we are still officially with fw 1.0

Sep 8, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #1,613 of 6,207
Hi! I have wifi and bluetooth disabled, screen contrast set to 1/3-1/2 and switch the X7 mk2 off when I am not listening for over 1 hour.
As far as I know, we are still officially with fw 1.0
Thanks for your reply ! In Fiio Music mode , all the applications in Android mode are disabled , is it right ? In case of i have Neutron , this will be in Android Mode ?

Sep 8, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #1,615 of 6,207
common logic should be higher price = higher performance.

its not always true. eg to my ears fiio x7 classic and ak300 perform at roughly same level. in India ak is 2 times price of fiio.

i was expecting same situation with fiio x7 ii and ibasso dx200.

but Jamesfiio says both are different price points so cant be compared. now its upto reviewers to compare them i think.

What I means is: if I have $200,000 to buy a new car, I will choose the best car around $200,000 and I will not even take care any car even it may have better performance but it is not close to my budget. of course, it is free to compare anything, it is just my 2 cents

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 8, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #1,616 of 6,207
Thanks for your reply ! In Fiio Music mode , all the applications in Android mode are disabled , is it right ? In case of i have Neutron , this will be in Android Mode ?
Right, as far as I understand the way Pure Music works.
Neutron can only be installed on the Android mode of the X7

Sep 8, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #1,618 of 6,207
Silly question but just to double-check.
The tempered glass screen protector installed on the Fiio X7 II is the same one they were selling for the first X7? I removed mine on the X7 II since there was a spec of dust and now I want to replace it. Thanks!

Sep 8, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #1,620 of 6,207
Silly question but just to double-check.
The tempered glass screen protector installed on the Fiio X7 II is the same one they were selling for the first X7? I removed mine on the X7 II since there was a spec of dust and now I want to replace it. Thanks!
images-49.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back