FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Nov 21, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #15,286 of 18,020
I'm still on firmware 1.8 and everything is fine for me. I disabled ota in the Android mode but every time I enable WiFi on pure mode I have a ota notification.
I don't want to accidentally say yes to the install. Is there a way to disable ota in pure mode?
Thanks.

Nov 21, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #15,287 of 18,020
  what firmware (in your opinion) sound better?

​i truly like firmware 2 more than 3.08 as with my zeus r , I clearly hear that 3.08 is brighter with a bit less bass

Nov 21, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #15,289 of 18,020
  Dear All ,

The beta firmware version FW3.0.8_beta for the X7(Android 5.1) is now available!

http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41768&extra=page%3D1

Here is a repeat of my post on the FiiO forum:
Here are some notes on 3.08beta.  All testing carried out using a SanDisk 200GB microSD and coax output to Chord Hugo or by bluetooth aptX to Chord QBD76 DAC:
- Scanning quickly creates a library of 6709 tracks
- With the "Resume" option selected it is not possible to play through an album except using folder option.  Using the album option the first track will play but shows for example 506 of 6709.  The next track to play will be 507 of 6709 which is from a different album but is alphabetically the next in the library.
- As others have noted the search function operates but should not be case sensitive.  It would be even better if the results were legible using a properly contrasting font and background colour.
- Sample rates are correct with the exception of DSD tracks which are sampling at 88KHz
- aptX bluetooth is working well and the SQ is excellent with no background noise either through custom IEM, Sennheiser HD800 or through Chord QBD 76 DAC to full audio system/speakers
- Amazon Music is still not streaming, tracks will download and then play (download only possible to internal SD.
I no longer have the urge to go back to FW2.0!

Nov 21, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #15,291 of 18,020
  Has anyone recently had a problem with the line out? For some reason I'm not getting any music. I don't know if it's me or the X7. I tested it with 2 different amps and no joy.

I use FW 3.0.8 and have no problem with LO. Everything is fine. Did you check multifunctional output at the audio setting?

Nov 21, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #15,292 of 18,020
I wanna hear the thoughts of X7 users so I am posting this here.

I have been using my x5i for years. Now, I am thinking of upgrading and placed on my radar the Cayin i5 and/or the x7.  After going over tons of reviews, I decided to pass on the Cayin i5, it having a warm sound sig. I heard its even warmer than the x5i which is touted and known to be a warm DAP. My sound sig preference is neutral to a tad bit bright. 

Now, with the x7 in mind, I was just thinking what possible advantage would I get from the x7 which I would not get from just getting a BNIB x5ii. I don't the need the amp module option, android UI is a plus but not a major factor, connectivity is not important to me since I have my mobile phone to do that. On the other hand, I just want to get a DAP which can handle DSD hardware wise without conversion, move from a warm dap to a neutral or tad bit bright DAP. Having 2 sd card slots is definitely a big plus -having right now 2pcs of 128gb cards that I use with my x5i.

Thus, would it still be a good option to get a brand new x5ii? What am I, or will be really, missing if I go the x5ii route and not the x7 route?

Thanks everyone.

Nov 21, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #15,293 of 18,020

Has anyone recently had a problem with the line out? For some reason I'm not getting any music. I don't know if it's me or the X7. I tested it with 2 different amps and no joy.

I use FW 3.0.8 and have no problem with LO. Everything is fine. Did you check multifunctional output at the audio setting?

I did check the multi function line out. I wound up doing a factory reset and it's working fine now. Thanks

Nov 21, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #15,294 of 18,020
I haven't turned my X7 on in a while. Was going to try it tonight because of a new balanced cable, looks like that's not happening. No way in hell am I upgrading to the beta fw with no viper. Guess I'll suffer and continue to rock my Cowon P1, single ended.

Nov 21, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #15,295 of 18,020
I haven't turned my X7 on in a while. Was going to try it tonight because of a new balanced cable, looks like that's not happening. No way in hell am I upgrading to the beta fw with no viper. Guess I'll suffer and continue to rock my Cowon P1, single ended.

Got my x7 working by disabling and uninstalling everything google play related.

Nov 22, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #15,298 of 18,020
Ya, well, here's to hoping...

I hope Fiio will give this top attention

my advise to fiio is to refocus, as they are pushing out way too many products at a very fast speed.

things like the issue with firmware 2 should not be happening

Nov 22, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #15,299 of 18,020
@FiiO i already updated the fw to 3.0.8 beta
now the battery last for 8 hours. back to normal. thx

love the sq in new fw, no complain for other thing since i never use another app. only fiio music app.

Nov 22, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #15,300 of 18,020
Is the DAC working yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back