FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
May 22, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #11,941 of 18,020
It can't hurt. Not sure how fiio marketplace works, if it's just a repo of some sort, where we can download apk's. Or if the apk's are updated at all.

I believe the original point of the marketplace was because they weren't allowing us access to the play store. I'll try the market place anyway, because right now, Tidal is quite frustrating to use.

May 22, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #11,942 of 18,020
Ok, I don't know about the history of the marketplace. I just remember researching the X7 before I bought it, and I found mention of it on Fiio's website stating:
" Respecting users’ different usage needs, FiiO has collected popular music and utility apps in use worldwide, tested them for compatibility with the X7 ..."
http://fiio.net/en/story/347 

So I assumed that was still the case. Now I have downloaded apps from Google Play and I haven't ran into any problems yet. But if I did I would try the Fiio Marketplace apps to see if there was a difference. That's basically what I was suggesting to Warrior1975.

...it's worth a try. If that doesn't work (or the version at the FiiO Marketplace turns out to be way too old) one could try e.g. http://www.androiddrawer.com/ to cycle through various recent versions of Tidal available.

BTW, not trying to come down on you or anything. I was actually the person who translated / wrote that guide and it was true as far as it went at the time. :p

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 23, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #11,943 of 18,020
it is a very hard to find some info about comparison to Cayin N6, because "N6" - only 2 letters. I read all reviews, but may be someone have a links to posts in this thread?

May 24, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #11,944 of 18,020

Dear All

By the time when we release the X7 by last September, we had almost confirmed that we will release 4 kinds of headphone amp modules with different release date of each. Based on the market needs, we can’t wait till all the amp modules get ready to sell the X7. Therefore, we firstly released the X7 bundling with the IEM module AM1.

With the release of AM2, AM5 and AM0 and the feedbacks of end users, we now release the X7 standard edition (without amp module) offering the choice for the users to choose the most favorite amp modules to match the X7.

Therefore, in the transient period, the following two editions of X7 will be on the market at the same time:
1.  X7 bundling with the IEM module AM1: It will be available until the stocks run out. And the AM1 will available for order soon with the other amp modules.
2.  X7 Body Only (Without amp module): Please kindly note that the X7 Standard Edition is without any amp module, only with one protective stopper at the bottom, which means it can’t be used for listening music nor charging. So before buying it, please kindly choose an extra amp module you like most to bundle with the X7 body. 

We will arrange the delivery for X7 Body Only (Without amp module) to our worldwide sales agents in the following days, so please kindly check with your local dealers at Where to Buy for its availability by the beginning of June. 

Best Regards,

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 24, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #11,948 of 18,020
Now that fiio is selling the Fiio x7 body only, I can see the AM1 becoming obsolete. Received my AM2 yesterday and after a days burning in, these sound absolutely fabulous. I am using a Shure SE846 with it. Since I am not an audiophile I find it very difficult to describe the difference in sound but to me It feels as if a veil has been lifted off the sound to reveal a better quality sound overall. It is certainly more enjoyable now. The AM2 should be the default amp module choice for everyday listening with IEM as well as most headphones.
By the way the AM2 sounds similar to the fiio E12A but is way more convenient with very low impedance earphones like SE846.

May 24, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #11,950 of 18,020

Dear All

By the time when we release the X7 by last September, we had almost confirmed that we will release 4 kinds of headphone amp modules with different release date of each. Based on the market needs, we can’t wait till all the amp modules get ready to sell the X7. Therefore, we firstly released the X7 bundling with the IEM module AM1.

With the release of AM2, AM5 and AM0 and the feedbacks of end users, we now release the X7 standard edition (without amp module) offering the choice for the users to choose the most favorite amp modules to match the X7.

Therefore, in the transient period, the following two editions of X7 will be on the market at the same time:
1.  X7 bundling with the IEM module AM1: It will be available until the stocks run out. And the AM1 will available for order soon with the other amp modules.
2.  X7 Body Only (Without amp module): Please kindly note that the X7 Standard Edition is without any amp module, only with one protective stopper at the bottom, which means it can’t be used for listening music nor charging. So before buying it, please kindly choose an extra amp module you like most to bundle with the X7 body. 

We will arrange the delivery for X7 Body Only (Without amp module) to our worldwide sales agents in the following days, so please kindly check with your local dealers at Where to Buy for its availability by the beginning of June. 

Best Regards,

Great idea, thanks FiiO.

Just to clarify, the AM0 module is just for charging?

May 24, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #11,951 of 18,020
Wow. I feel a little bit sad because I did purchased X7 with AM1 too early. If I know this I will buy X7 body + AM2 or AM5

I wish Fiio let people who purchased X7 + AM1 combo swap AM1 with other module with discount price. Just my 2 cents hehe.

May 24, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #11,952 of 18,020
Wow. I feel a little bit sad because I did purchased X7 with AM1 too early. If I know this I will buy X7 body + AM2 or AM5

I wish Fiio let people who purchased X7 + AM1 combo swap AM1 with other module with discount price. Just my 2 cents hehe.

I wish that would be possible but I think it's not. FiiO is not directly selling its products, it uses a net of distributors. What would force his distributor to give us a discount..

May 24, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #11,953 of 18,020
people seem to be confused as to what "pure music mode" really is.

when you start an android device, you will see a wallpaper and possibly some icons or whatever.
this is in itself a program, called a launcher.
when you run the X7 in pure music mode, the device simply uses the FiiO player as a launcher. the idea behind this is that you can't start any other apps which will then run in the background, but of course if an app starts at boot, then this will still happen.

somehing else:
I see people getting sad or upset whenever FiiO announces a change in distribution, which people asked for (the ampless X7 being the latest)
yes, they did not have it in the past, that's why they're introducing it now. just accept that things don't always happen when you want them to happen when it comes to such things.

and last:

@FiiO please answer below question. i have asked a number of times, Joe asked for me too, but no answers at all.

Hmm, in this case I'm afraid I have to act like the computer shop idiot who receives the computer from a customer asking to upgrade the CPU and wipes his hard drive instead.
tongue.gif
Anyway the point is I don't know the answer to what you're asking. All I know to do is to try doing the OTA update and hope it doesn't wipe out all your settings (which it shouldn't, apart from probably removing root), and, if what you get is a soft brick, I've provided the safety net of being able to flash your X7 back to a version of stock firmware. Unfortunately that safety net doesn't include preserving any of your settings
redface.gif

So the question is "is there anything like nandroid backup available in the stock recovery"? I'll have to defer to the experts at @FiiO for that.
redface.gif

May 24, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #11,955 of 18,020
Who knows where to buy a clear case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back