FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
May 22, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #11,926 of 18,020
+1, I have to press the button for 8-10 sec for my unit to get turn on!  I may call Fiio to request an exchange, seems like this isn't normal.  This is going to be a good test of Fiio's service too, we'll see.

Did you read the replies to the post you quoted? You only need to press the On button for a couple seconds. The screen kicks in after around 8 seconds. It's normal.

May 22, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #11,927 of 18,020
Well obviously not :) apologies.  Tried it, worked.  Thanks.  Geez this isn't ideal, good GUI design would of give user feedback on important functions, like power on.

May 22, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #11,928 of 18,020

+1, I have to press the button for 8-10 sec for my unit to get turn on!  I may call Fiio to request an exchange, seems like this isn't normal.  This is going to be a good test of Fiio's service too, we'll see.

No, you don't have to press it for 8 secs (please read the above) - you press it for 2 seconds and WAIT - it will turn on.

Cheers.

EDIT: deleted after your post :wink:

May 22, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #11,931 of 18,020

1. As for the delay issue, could you please inform us which operation caused it? Pressing the Play/pause , volume button or all the buttons on the RM1?

2. When the X7 is doced with the K5, your RM1 can not pair with your X7? Kindly inform us whether the X7 is in a state of Lockscreen mode at that time or not. And please let us know the statues of the blue LED on the RM1. 
Maybe the RM1 goes to the sleep mode and you can wake the RM1 by pressing the Play button. 

3. When running FW1.91, we already found the bug which enabling the EQ setting will make Bluetooth playback stop. We will fix it in the next firmware as soon as possible. So pls set EQ OFF if you want to play songs via Bluetooth. 

1. I recorded a quick video showing the delay. First I play/pause/skip, pair RM1 and do the same, and then unpair and redo the play/pause/seek test again. The audio delay is quite prominent for seek & pause actions while RM1 is paired. The volume drop once RM1 pairs is noticeable too.
- https://youtu.be/65KLKheJjpE

2. After I toggle bluetooth on X7, RM1 won't re-connect. I wasn't on the lockscreen, X7 was unlocked and I was in the bluetooth menu. RM1 light was flashing as if it's trying to pair with a new devices. Only way to re-connect was to wait until RM1 went into sleep mode (LED stops flashing), or powercycle it.

3. I was trying to play through K5, not through Bluetooth. As soon as I paired RM1 and turned on EQ, X7 wouldn't play no matter what - not through K5 nor directly to headphones. I'm suspecting the problem may be connected to playing through bluetooth but if it's not, I can record a video showing exactly how it crashes.

Btw, I'm pretty comfortable with linux and adb, so if you need me to dump some logs or bugreports to help you track down the issue I'd be glad to.

May 22, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #11,932 of 18,020

Yeah if you are using Poweramp, there is an option in settings to automatically resume playback when headphones are plugged in. You should disable this option.

Thanks much for that - If I ever re-install it, I'll know what to set first.
wink.gif

May 22, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #11,933 of 18,020
Anyone having issues with Tidal? Plays one song for me, then freezes for quite some time. Also, navigating is extremely slow. Very frustrating process.

I did order my am5 again last night. Will have on Tuesday.

May 22, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #11,934 of 18,020
Anyone having issues with Tidal? Plays one song for me, then freezes for quite some time. Also, navigating is extremely slow. Very frustrating process.

I did order my am5 again last night. Will have on Tuesday.

Are you using Tidal from the Google Play Store or the Fiio Marketplace?

May 22, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #11,936 of 18,020
Play store. Obviously, it must matter since you are asking?

I am under the impression that the Apps in the Fiio Marketplace were optimized to work with the X7, or a least tested to run on the X7 without issues.

May 22, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #11,938 of 18,020
Play store. Obviously, it must matter since you are asking?

I am under the impression that the Apps in the Fiio Marketplace were optimized to work with the X7, or a least tested to run on the X7 without issues.

I on the other hand was under the impression that the FiiO Marketplace has become simply a vestigial remnant since Play Store functionality became available...

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 22, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #11,940 of 18,020
Ok, I don't know about the history of the marketplace. I just remember researching the X7 before I bought it, and I found mention of it on Fiio's website stating:
"

Respecting users’ different usage needs, FiiO has collected popular music and utility apps in use worldwide, tested them for compatibility with the X7 ..."
http://fiio.net/en/story/347 

So I assumed that was still the case. Now I have downloaded apps from Google Play and I haven't ran into any problems yet. But if I did I would try the Fiio Marketplace apps to see if there was a difference. That's basically what I was suggesting to Warrior1975.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back