FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
May 25, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #11,972 of 18,020
It seems FIIO has its priorities clear. they are concerned only with the US market. the rest of the world market be damned. Having bought X1, X5ii, Two X7, e12a and the AM2,  now I feel kind of let down by this approach.  

May 25, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #11,974 of 18,020
@FiiO

Middle East here! Very annoyed!

And it's a slap in the face to the countries that have distributors and these guys try to sell and promote your brand when you turn around and bypass them like this and make it more attractive to order via US rather than buy locally.

It's great for US customers - so am happy for them!! But I wonder how you want to go back to sell Amp Modules without a discount in the future. And you also destroy the used module market with it. Not saying it's right or wrong but the consequences are wide ranging.
To me it means: Fiio stuff looses value in no time, it's not an investment with a proper resale value.

May 25, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #11,975 of 18,020
Gentlemen - I wonder if it would be more prudent to wait a while before venting?  FiiO has never before singled out one particular part of the World, and i really doubt they'd start now (I don't know for sure either way - but given their interaction with this Community, I'd be surprised).

What I'm wondering is if they are looking first at the US, then at another segment, and going in stages to try and balance production with demand.  Again - I don't know - but it sounds plausible. Personally I'd want to find out first before throwing any "you don't care" comments.

I will try emailing Sunny and see if there is more to this than meets the eye.

Secondly - on the question of resale value and discounts.  FiiO have been criticised by quite a few for only releasing the X7 with AM1 module. Quite a few saying they were "crippled" - something I don't personally believe, but I guess I have the luxury of trying all the modules. Now when they do make a gesture to allow their consumers to buy the module they really want at a discount, there are complaints about resale value. Sometimes a manufacturer cannot win.

I'll see if I can find out if this promo is to be repeated elsewhere in the World, and is just an issue of timing.  It may set some minds at rest.

May 25, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #11,976 of 18,020

How does one qualify for this special discount?

Please kindly email the following information to market@fiio.net
•    Your X7’s Serial Number
•    Your desired amp module
•    Shipping information including your full address, full name, phone number and your paypal contact address.

If you meet the qualifications, we will send you a direct Paypal Invoice to facilitate the transaction.

Conditions:
1.    This promotion is only available for X7 customers in the U.S.
2.    Please kindly note the modules will be arranged for you via China within one week. 
3.    For those models are out of stock ,we will collect your information first ,once it is ready for shipping , we will send you a direct Paypal Invoice to finish the order.
4.    FiiO will notify you your tracking number within one week.
5.    The Paypal method of purchasing will be used temporarily and in the event we find a better method to facilitate transactions, we may alter the promotion rules. Please like our FiiO America Facebook page to keep track of latest news and updates.
6.    U.S. X7 Customers are limited to purchasing one module for each X7 (as identified by your serial number)
7.    FiiO U.S. reserves the right to amend and change the rules of this promotion at any time.

FiiO US Marketing Team

Red emphasis is mine.

Guys, calm down. The reason FiiO is asking, is because they want to know where their US customers are buying their X7s from - internationally or locally. 

It's not uncommon for companies to do this.

The reason they do it is because sometimes suppliers will "undercut" the rest of the market by dropping their prices to cost (or near it) and sending all their units internationally. 

FiiO obviously doesn't want this to happen - so here we are. 

May 25, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #11,977 of 18,020
Thank for reminding us that the promotion of headphone amp modules for X7 exclusive in US may annoy the customers in other countries, we hereby would like to apology for our negligence of using the FiiO account to announce the promotion for US region. In addition, we would like to explain the whole thing to all of you.

Some of you might not know that US market has been separated as an independent market just like the Chinese market since April and we have a special crew taking care of the after-sales service and promotion of US. So basically the market operation in US is different from that in other countries. and we announced it on our website before: http://fiio.net/en/story/425

In addition, having a special crew to take care of a market will consume great manpower and materials resources. Therefore, we are unable to apply this mode to other countries so far. In countries other than China and US, our local sales agents are the one to decide whether to run a promotion and we, FiiO couldn't and wouldn't force our agents to follow our promotions in China and US. The reason why we announced this promotion on Head-Fi is that there are some of  US customers here and we thought that some of them may interest in this news.

Soon we will have another official account FiiO US to announce news for US market only and we hope that you can kindly understand the different market strategy we have for different markets.

We are so sorry for any inconveniences that brought to you. 

PS: please just tell your deep voice if you want the promotion happens in your country,we will consult with the local sales agents in the coming days to get their approval, if they agree, the promotion will be held in your area in the future.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 25, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #11,978 of 18,020
  Gentlemen - I wonder if it would be more prudent to wait a while before venting?  FiiO has never before singled out one particular part of the World, and i really doubt they'd start now (I don't know for sure either way - but given their interaction with this Community, I'd be surprised).

What I'm wondering is if they are looking first at the US, then at another segment, and going in stages to try and balance production with demand.  Again - I don't know - but it sounds plausible. Personally I'd want to find out first before throwing any "you don't care" comments.

I will try emailing Sunny and see if there is more to this than meets the eye.

Secondly - on the question of resale value and discounts.  FiiO have been criticised by quite a few for only releasing the X7 with AM1 module. Quite a few saying they were "crippled" - something I don't personally believe, but I guess I have the luxury of trying all the modules. Now when they do make a gesture to allow their consumers to buy the module they really want at a discount, there are complaints about resale value. Sometimes a manufacturer cannot win.

Bold parts emphasized by me.

Don't get me wrong, this is indeed a great offer and I envy people who can avail it. I also didn't complain about resale value - just stating a fact what image it creates. I really like Fiio products and are using them since their very first products.

But:
NONE of their offers so far has made it to my region. So your statement is not correct.
And they don't allow all their customers to buy it at a discount - that's the point.

Edit: Just saw the apology, I guess that explains it.

May 25, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #11,979 of 18,020
  sstyle, sorry, we have not , it will be added to the future firmware in the coming months.

very sad. Ok. I hope it will be added in next release. And what about disable charging in DAC mode?

May 25, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #11,980 of 18,020

sstyle, sorry, we have not , it will be added to the future firmware in the coming months.

very sad. Ok. I hope it will be added in next release. And what about disable charging in DAC mode?

sstyle, we are thinking of disable charging in DAC mode, hope it can be moved on !

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 25, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #11,981 of 18,020
  sstyle, we are thinking of disable charging in DAC mode, hope it can be moved on !

Hey Fiio,

may I know the motivation for this? I use X7 primarily as a DAC during the day. Definitely more than a DAP. Wouldn't I be running out of juice pretty soon?

Seems like I am missing some piece of puzzle.. Or there would be an option which would enable/disable charging?

May 25, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #11,982 of 18,020
  Hey Fiio,

may I know the motivation for this? I use X7 primarily as a DAC during the day. Definitely more than a DAP. Wouldn't I be running out of juice pretty soon?

Seems like I am missing some piece of puzzle.. Or there would be an option which would enable/disable charging?

Battery will be more healthy. If it will stay on charge constantly it could be damaged. You can check how it works on Centrance M8/Mini-M8.

May 25, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #11,983 of 18,020
  Hey Fiio,

laptops, and mobile phones, usually don't enjoy having powerhungry devices attached to them. and what the person above me says too.

May 25, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #11,984 of 18,020
Dear FiiO US Marketing Team,

I hope you do realize, that this kind of promotion will annoy the rest of the world.

Cheers,
Your Customer from the Europe.

Annoy the rest of the World is the key phrase...

My perception (may be wrong) is that FiiO as a company, not the "US marketing team" is the great sponsor of this campaign, now they will talk to other region distributors and see what can be done - who will do this, the US marketing team?

FiiO should extend this campaign to the rest of the world immediately, not soon, announcing it here just gave greater visibility to this huge mistake, IMHO
Regards

May 25, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #11,985 of 18,020
What custom players you can recommend? Jriver Remote works? Foobar looks not so powerfull and crude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back