FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
May 11, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #11,731 of 18,020
  Dear Fiio

I just read that the new firmware may be released next month.  I sure hope its going to fix A LOT of issues.

I’ve spoken up about some of what follows, previously, yet I feel compelled to remind the team what I, and I’ll bet many others, hope are getting some attention - in no particular order of importance.

* The sorting and counting is a mess.  I kinda hate to say it here but if iTunes can do it, Fiio can do it.
It seems silly to have to re-name or number titles/files  just to try to get them in order, and in that it only works  (somewhat) in folders search.

Hi PapaThrust,

Thanks for your suggestions and feedback, we did share it with our Software department, and we will try our best to fix it in the coming months.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 11, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #11,733 of 18,020
From what I read, people have reported good results formatting 200GB cards to exFAT on a windows computer, contrary to all official instructions...
confused.gif

As far as formatting I've tried using the X7 and  on Mac I've tried the Fat & exfat.
It's formatted to exFat now and everything shows on my desktop but won't play with X7

May 11, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #11,734 of 18,020
May 11, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #11,735 of 18,020
From what I read, people have reported good results formatting 200GB cards to exFAT on a windows computer, contrary to all official instructions... :confused:

As far as formatting I've tried using the X7 and  on Mac I've tried the Fat & exfat.
It's formatted to exFat now and everything shows on my desktop but won't play with X7

So by not working you mean the X7 flat out refuses to read anything from it under all formatting rather than just act quirky? What brand and model of card is this?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 11, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #11,736 of 18,020
So by not working you mean the X7 flat out refuses to read anything from it under all formatting rather than just act quirky? What brand and model of card is this?

Just now it flat out refuses to play anything- it is formatted from Mac, when I format on X7 then all the quirky behavior happens.
This is a Sandisk Ultra plus 200gb
Of course I am frustrated when I hear others are having good results.

May 11, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #11,737 of 18,020

Just now it flat out refuses to play anything- it is formatted from Mac, when I format on X7 then all the quirky behavior happens.
This is a Sandisk Ultra plus 200gb
Of course I am frustrated when I hear others are having good results.

sandisk ultra PLUS 200gb? can you post a photo of the sd card please?

May 11, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #11,738 of 18,020
Got the AM5 module today. Using it now on high gain with VE Zen 2.0 black limited edition. Listening to Jeff Buckley - Halleluljah and pretty much gasping for air. Flabbergasted. So much more air and space. This module gives the X7 another dimension for sure.

May 11, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #11,739 of 18,020
Cheapest you'll find and the quality is good (I use this one):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Handmade-Dyson-Audio-Fiio-DAP-DAC-HP-AMP-75-Ohm-Digital-Jumper-TRRS-TS-3-5mm-/262394526259

Expensive, but also good. Add $10 for the X3ii/X5ii/X7 source connection option:
http://www.moon-audio.com/black-dragon-mini-coax-digital-cable-hifiman-player.html

Thanks for that.

May 11, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #11,740 of 18,020
Hello,

This is my first post here. I've been lurking here for a while when I heard about X7, but time has come to make an account here.

Right now I'm happy owner of X7 and a couple of other FiiO products. And I'm waiting for RM1 to be sold in Poland.

[whining start]

But I came here looking for some help. Last week I finally got Dignis case. Damn, this precious(ssss) is so beautiful. And X7 is looking even better in it. But when X7 is inside the case it won't fit into K5. I know that there are ways to cut some of the plastic and maybe then it will fit. I don't like to destroy my hardware visually, so I won't go this way. I'd like to ask if somebody heard about 11-pin micro usb extension cable. I just want to stick one end to X7 and another to K5 where normally X7 should be. I'm not talking about rear 11-pin micro usb on K5. I can even solder it myself if I got the male/female connectors with some plastic cases. But the thing is I can't find even proper connectors on ebay/alliexpress/whatever with all pins connected not to mention about cable. I must say I can't understand it. It's a standard in some way I think, it's micro usb after all, somebody accepted it, the why it's so hard to get it?

[whining end]

Or maybe there's another way?
FiiO, please, please take my Orens/Gil/Kinah/ISK/cash and sell this cable. I think that accessories are HUGE part of a successful product, and X7 is on right track with all it's accessories. But aside from all AMs, docks, stickers, etc, there is room for a cable too.

Any info about that?
wink.gif

May 12, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #11,741 of 18,020
  Hello,

This is my first post here. I've been lurking here for a while when I heard about X7, but time has come to make an account here.

Right now I'm happy owner of X7 and a couple of other FiiO products. And I'm waiting for RM1 to be sold in Poland.

[whining start]

But I came here looking for some help. Last week I finally got Dignis case. Damn, this precious(ssss) is so beautiful. And X7 is looking even better in it. But when X7 is inside the case it won't fit into K5. I know that there are ways to cut some of the plastic and maybe then it will fit. I don't like to destroy my hardware visually, so I won't go this way. I'd like to ask if somebody heard about 11-pin micro usb extension cable. I just want to stick one end to X7 and another to K5 where normally X7 should be. I'm not talking about rear 11-pin micro usb on K5. I can even solder it myself if I got the male/female connectors with some plastic cases. But the thing is I can't find even proper connectors on ebay/alliexpress/whatever with all pins connected not to mention about cable. I must say I can't understand it. It's a standard in some way I think, it's micro usb after all, somebody accepted it, the why it's so hard to get it?

[whining end]

Or maybe there's another way?
FiiO, please, please take my Orens/Gil/Kinah/ISK/cash and sell this cable. I think that accessories are HUGE part of a successful product, and X7 is on right track with all it's accessories. But aside from all AMs, docks, stickers, etc, there is room for a cable too.

Any info about that?
wink.gif

I'm here to tell you that it can fit without you having to damage the K5, or the dignis case.
i have made a 6 pic manual:
you will need:
-a small philips screwdriver
-patience
use caution.

step 1: unscrew the 2 screws in the cradle (don't lose them!)

step 2: take out cradle carefully. there is a ribbon cable attached! and put the K5 on its front, for easier access to the screw keeping the lid in one piece. and unscrew this. (you will need a thin screwdriver as you'll be unscrewing at an angle)

step 3: slide the inner piece of the lid out of place and take it out of the lid. now screw back in the cradle.

bonus: you probably won't need to do this, but you can take out the lid now, by just pressing on the sides for a bit.

and finally the end result to show that i'm not lying:

May 12, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #11,742 of 18,020
I didn't get a Dignis Case because of K5 but now that i think about it I could potentially design a 3D printed replacement for the flap that would fit a Dingis case. If I get some free cash so I can afford to get the case I will try to design one and will post here :wink: 

May 12, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #11,743 of 18,020
  I didn't get a Dignis Case because of K5 but now that i think about it I could potentially design a 3D printed replacement for the flap that would fit a Dingis case. If I get some free cash so I can afford to get the case I will try to design one and will post here :wink: 

T H E   F U T U R E   I S  W O W !

i have to say though, the K5's amp section is not as good as the AM2's, so i really have no use for it. might see if i can upgrade the parts inside...

May 12, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #11,745 of 18,020
for some reason my X7 tries to play the first line of my m3u8 file, which is :
#EXTINF:622,A Winged Victory For The Sullen - Atomos I

this is not the file. the file is one line lower:
A Winged Victory For The Sullen/2014 - Atomos/A Winged Victory For The Sullen - 2014 - Atomos - 101 - Atomos I.flac

the entire structure of my playlist is as such:

#EXTINF:348,Muse - Aftermath
Muse/2015 - Drones/Muse - 2015 - Drones - 110 - Aftermath.flac
#EXTINF:607,Muse - The Globalist
Muse/2015 - Drones/Muse - 2015 - Drones - 111 - The Globalist.flac
#EXTINF:172,Muse - Drones
Muse/2015 - Drones/Muse - 2015 - Drones - 112 - Drones.flac
#EXTINF:301,Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Nirvana/1991 - Nevermind/Nirvana - 1991 - Nevermind - 101 - Smells Like Teen Spirit.flac
#EXTINF:255,Nirvana - In Bloom

how do i stop this from happening? it only happens with the very first line of the file.

some technical data:
file saved using Kate for GNU/Linux, BOM (byte order mark) on, saved in UTF-8 encoding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back