FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
May 12, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #211 of 18,019
I agree with above.  I want/need wifi and blue tooth.  Not a phone but I do want to be able to explore music.  I feel like there are plenty of DAPs out there that cater to "off line" but very little good that allows streaming.  I know about the whole "quality of streaming" but I want to explore and I want it on my main music device not my phone.  A phone is really a communication device (at least for me) and so messages, email, calls, etc. all break up music and it is not easy to simply plug in and not be interrupted.  I would like to be able to load spotify, beats, Pandora, others to try things and to be able to send music to a blue tooth speaker if I am somewhere.  I would like it be good when playing loaded FLAC as well within the device itself as well of course!

May 12, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #213 of 18,019
In other news, I'll throw my hat into the ring for as and when this project is far enough off of the ground as to need alpha / beta testers :)

May 12, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #215 of 18,019
With a powerful amp, a big touch screen, wifi and bluetooth, we're looking at 4-5 hours battery life for some users, no? Add too many features and you'll find yourself tethered to a power source most of the time. My two cents.

May 12, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #216 of 18,019
+1 with the user swappable battery. Hopefully it would use the readily available cellphone batteries. Shipping batteries is a pain

Opamp rollable or swappable amp

I think the plan now is have a built in battery and not a hot swappable battery. Readily available cellphone batteries just don't have big enough capacity, and also they will increase thickness of the housing.

With a powerful amp, a big touch screen, wifi and bluetooth, we're looking at 4-5 hours battery life for some users, no? Add too many features and you'll find yourself tethered to a power source most of the time. My two cents.

10 hours of playback is what they are aiming for. Two of the biggest battery drainer on a device like X7 will probably be the screen and the amp section. It is unlikely you will keep waking up the screen, and the amp section can probably be turned off when not in use (similar to how the X3 and X5 are designed). So when you are using WiFi or Bluetooth, the amp section will be off. When you are using headphone-out, you can disable WiFi and Bluetooth via Android. That should save some battery.

May 12, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #217 of 18,019
And that is the price I for one am more than willing to pay for a device that does EVERYTHING media and music and entertainment and actually does them all well unlike these lopsided smartphones and DAPs already in existence.

May 12, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #220 of 18,019
Not really an expert but most of these improvements sound great. The most important one however IMO is a vastly improved UI and build. Lots of reviews mention how awful the X5's UI is and how the lo-res screen's glare makes it impossible to use in the sun.

May 13, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #222 of 18,019
  Fiio x9 maybe :relieved:

They should have both an X7 and X9; the X7 is the low-power version that is optimized for IEMs and portable headphones, while the X9 is a power monster that can drive the HE-6. They'll share interface and basic hardware internals, but the X9 will have a bigger body for a bigger battery, bigger components, and MOAR POWERZ. The X7 will be thin like a smartphone but have great battery life.

May 13, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #223 of 18,019
I think the plan now is have a built in battery and not a hot swappable battery. Readily available cellphone batteries just don't have big enough capacity, and also they will increase thickness of the housing.

Hot swapping basically remedies the battery life problem and the use of cellophone battery helps users to maintain the device support longer- no more proprietary batteries. Silicon covers might help that like what Dx90 users :)

May 13, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #224 of 18,019
For me READ all tags, good ui faster than x5 more fluid, make it with the best component but for me make it a transport like the rwaks so people can put the amp they want into it, and please 10+ hours battery time

May 13, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #225 of 18,019
Hot swapping basically remedies the battery life problem and the use of cellophone battery helps users to maintain the device support longer- no more proprietary batteries. Silicon covers might help that like what Dx90 users
smily_headphones1.gif

FiiO already chooses to use internal battery and instead offer battery replacement down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back