FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
May 10, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #181 of 18,019
1. When I use a DAP I have one big problem for me.

It's about the cellphone , I never know when my phone ring after i put my headphone on.

It's always in my pocket.

Could it possible to make DAP can alert or stop playing when the phone ring?

2. I want to use DAP with my k701 or Alpha Dog too. ( That what I normally walk around with.)

I could be super happy if this DAP can push the good sound quality from them.
( I'm not saying best SQ )

3. Type of sound I expect is 901 .

That's a good point. Actually Android can be configured in such a way that one Android device can act as a hand-free for another Android phone (*my SmartQ Z watch, which runs on custom KitKat, is like that). Would be interesting if X7 can do that as well.

May 10, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #182 of 18,019
It would be nice to have a bluetooth link from the DAP to the phone with alter feature, and have the phone stream the signals(alert and communication) to the DAP and back via bluetooth.  This of course would be more convenient if you have a built in mic so you can just communicate without even messing with the phone.

You can always have the phone on vibrate and have it adhered against you.  Also, if you feel like getting those smartwatches, I'm sure they can alert you, but then that's another device to carry around on top of phone, and DAP.

I personally want a audiophile phone so I just carry one device.  

And lastly, maybe you can be alerted from radio frequency interference of the phone signal.  
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #184 of 18,019
Bluetooth is already in the spec, might as well have some good use of it. Don't think faceplam will make it go away.

May 10, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #186 of 18,019
May 10, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #187 of 18,019
Enjoying a X5 at the moment, pair of 64gb cards on it, both full to the last megabyte, I know the 128gb cards are available (very expensive at the moment).
Would be nice that the X7 have some internal memory, at least 64gb.

May 10, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #189 of 18,019
  Just saw this, hope I am not too late lol...

For starters, why no USB 3.0 support (or at least, an USB 3.0/Thunderbolt card reader)?

AFAIK, only very few of the latest generation SoC (mainly for smartphone after 2012) have USB 3.0 support, and none of them has ThunderBolt support (including Apple). Unless Fiio is using the more recent generation (and the more expensive) SoC meant for better smartphone, I don't think USB 3.0 or Thunderbolt is possible.

May 10, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #190 of 18,019
More suggestions. I posted these a few years ago on another forum:
Options/Settings
Once last track plays on album - play next album/repeat album/stop playing
Back arrow (previous track) - go to start of track/go to previous track/custom
(custom) - specify a range in seconds (from start of track) if the song is playing in this
range then go to previous track (on press of back arrow), if outside
the range go to the start of the track

Play format - Artist/Song/Album(Apple) or Artist/Album/Song
Reselecting track while playing - Continue playing/Play from beginning
A way via firmware to disable functions the user is not interested in.

In a market full of high end players you need to be different even if in some cases this leads to no improvement or yields more profit. How about anSD card instead of microSD or a 240GB Toshiba HDD which would suit those with high resolution collections, an elegant monochrome display or a facility to have the display on very dimly to enable an immediate response to user input as well as an option to switch it off completely. A socket to power the device from the mains without charging for people who mainly use the device at home.

May 10, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #191 of 18,019

AFAIK, only very few of the latest generation SoC (mainly for smartphone after 2012) have USB 3.0 support, and none of them has ThunderBolt support (including Apple). Unless Fiio is using the more recent generation (and the more expensive) SoC meant for better smartphone, I don't think USB 3.0 or Thunderbolt is possible.

Ah I see... I thought current tech is good enough for USB 3.0 implementation

May 11, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #192 of 18,019
  Simple...

No need for a hifi top notch bulky player, please give me:

+ Good DAC, good amp
+ Small (suitable for running, biking)
+ Good, small screen (like iPod Nano)
+ SD card slot (no need for internal memory)
+ Good EQ settings
+ iTunes compatibility

Going to use it with my Shure SE846's.

Conclusion: Apple, please bring out a new iPod Nano with SD slot and better DAC. (not going to happen)

You just described the Fiio X1 I believe.

May 11, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #193 of 18,019
These are my opinions don't flame me cause these are my thoughts on the matter.

#1 Windows based, not Android, please god, no. Android is extremely battery inefficient and a hog of CPU power I assure you.  Generally Apple or windows devices can do more faster (in & out) with less CPU cycles.  I am not talking about desktop computer system operation systems but the mobile operating systems of course.  

#2 Has built in DLNA support 

#3 No Cell phone.  That’s just more noise that not needed.  (Yes my Bluetooth and wifi request contradicts my own request on this one)

#4 Support for 5.1 Decoding.  Yes there are notions of 5.1 headphones and such.  It is coming and music is being developed particularly for 5.1.  Check itrax website

#5 I would really really really support the no AMP notion.  (Contradicts some of my below if that becomes the case but I’m assuming the market has bigger and bigger internal amps so I will assume Fiio has to follow suit and include the most powerful amp it can)

#6 Hardware buttons that work well, good tactile feedback, less mechanical so they don’t wear out, less ridges where dirt gets caught in them.

#7 Replaceable faceplates/cover.  Custom order option for extra $$? If I want a custom design I can do it online and order it for a nominal fee?  $50-$150?

#8 Mounting bracket on the back where you could put it on a mount in your car if you wanted, or other accessories.  Otherwise bracket cover where it is flat.
Has wifi that can be turned off

#9 Hardware size?  I don’t care you can make it 3 inches thick and 3 inches wide and 5 inches tall or whatever, make it a brick if you want if we get more features and quality.  I want great SQ and functionality which this unit is still mobile but not necessarily pocket able.  I don’t want to lose the dang thing either, nor do I want to pay more for less SQ due to micro-sizing it.

#10 +1 for Bluetooth if I want to connect it to home audio systems that now come with this standard to play music.  Plus Hugo utilizes Bluetooth as well.   Less quality wirelessly but good for certain situations where SQ isn’t the #1 goal like playing music in a group setting dinner party where there’s a lot of noise anyway.  You will no gain consumers without Wifi or Bluetooth.  Simple fact as more systems are being connected using these mediums.  This is an audiophile product but at the same time having a not as good option for those who want it……

#11 + 1 3.5mm and full sized headphone outputs if possible balanced as well….

#12 6-Hours Battery is sufficient

#13 Use E-Ink technology to save battery life to display stuff.  (Just a thought)

#14 Tons of internal RAM and memory.  I don’t care about internal music storage.  Use 2-4 Micro SD slots for that.  I want to make sure firmware and software upgrades can occur.  The current hardware limitations are frustrating on a number of players including the ones I read about here.

#15 Ability to charge without a cable, induction charging or something like that

May 11, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #194 of 18,019
  These are my opinions don't flame me cause these are my thoughts on the matter.

#1 Windows based, not Android, please god, no.

#9 Hardware size?  I don’t care you can make it 3 inches thick and 3 inches wide and 5 inches tall or whatever, make it a brick if you want if we get more features and quality.  I want great SQ and functionality which this unit is still mobile but not necessarily pocket able.  I don’t want to lose the dang thing either, nor do I want to pay more for less SQ due to micro-sizing it.

Then just buy an Ultrabook and any USB DAC /DAC-Amp on the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back