FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
May 9, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #166 of 18,020

It sounded as if you were suggesting that a larger screen size as found on the 240 means a higher price, but I understand what you're saying now - custom screens are way too expensive though larger ones widely used by smartphones are viable options.

My mistake - yes, what I really meant to say is, any odd size screen will increase the cost by a lot. That is why FiiO is planning to use a 3.5 ~ 4.5 inches screen as those are still the common option used by low end Android phone, therefore FiiO doesn't need to custom order them since they are in regular production.

May 9, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #167 of 18,020

It sounded as if you were suggesting that a larger screen size as found on the 240 means a higher price, but I understand what you're saying now - custom screens are way too expensive though larger ones widely used by smartphones are viable options.

My mistake - yes, what I really meant to say is, any odd size screen will increase the cost by a lot. That is why FiiO is planning to use a 3.5 ~ 4.5 inches screen as those are still the common option used by low end Android phone, therefore FiiO doesn't need to custom order them since they are in regular production.

An iPhone 4 screen would be awesome.

May 9, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #169 of 18,020
It should play music nicely, get loud enough, have the internet on it, make and receive phone calls and texts and be cheap.

And not be made by Apple.

... kinda like an Android Cellphone... your might find that one of teh Samsung Galaxy series Phones might be the perfect dap for you! How ever I don't think the X7 needs to be a cell phone, with the reviceing and sending of phone calls and texts ya know 

May 9, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #170 of 18,020
... kinda like an Android Cellphone... your might find that one of teh Samsung Galaxy series Phones might be the perfect dap for you! How ever I don't think the X7 needs to be a cell phone, with the reviceing and sending of phone calls and texts ya know 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. I like it a lot.

Smartphones kick the arse of DAPs.

May 9, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #171 of 18,020

So if you strongly prefer your Smart Phone over how ever many DAPS you've tried may I ask why your here? I think head fi does have a rather strong Android forum, :3 I'm willing to bet you'd find some pretty swell mods there as well! 

May 9, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #174 of 18,020

They do?

So, why is it in the past 12 months I've had an S3, S4, Note 3, Xperia Z, Z1, iPhone 5S and an HTC One M8 - As a jack of all trades the M8 is hard to beat, but for the purpose of audio reproduction, there is no way that any of them (even the iPhone, which is often lauded as a giant killer) can touch a dedicated DAP...

However, if we're talking about multi-purpose, then for movie playback on a mini-screen, there is no way I would consider a dedicated DAP for the job, likewise - if I wanted to play Farm Heroes (been stuck on level 124 for ages, I refuse to pay for boosts!), again - I wouldn't use a DAP...

Horses for courses :)

May 9, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #175 of 18,020

Yes absolutely agree that getting an off the shelf screen to reduce cost is the way to go. Just prefer a smaller but usable size to keep overall size of the dap smaller. At the end of the day the key thing I am using the screen for is searching, displaying album and play lists and occasionally album art, not surfing the net or gaming, so don't need a Samsung note sized screen :).

May 9, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #176 of 18,020
James, no touchscreen please. I like X5 also due to lack of touchscreen.

I personally think either do the touchscreen right or not do it at all.  There has been some really bad touchscreen implementations, and why bother with it if it can't be guaranteed to come out right?  It will just cause lots of headaches and buyer's complaints.

I'm not sure if Fiio has outputted a good touchscreen product yet.  If not, I have a bad feeling about this.

May 9, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #177 of 18,020
Pretty sure even the AK240 uses a non-custom touch screen, it could be the 3.31 inch AMOLED screen found on the Samsung NX300 camera.
Also if the UI is good, I don't mind and might even prefer a touchscreen for a pure music player.

May 9, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #178 of 18,020
.. I'm not sure if Fiio has outputted a good touchscreen product yet.  If not, I have a bad feeling about this.

Before E3, FiiO has never made a headphone amp. Before E5, FiiO never thought they will be the leading headphone amp maker by sheer quantity delivered in a short few years. Before X3, they don't even think that DAP will become the main focus of their business. Everything has to start somewhere.

May 9, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #179 of 18,020
I have had all the players except the AK240 (stupid price) an stopped on 901, Hugo, Tera and ZX1.

But in terms of DAP, 901 is my favorite. Because it sounds the best, and with everything. If the X7 does not sound as good as the top contenders, i.e. the 901 and 240, the rest is just pointless. Apart form that, I would love over 256g in total memory, over 12 hours of battery (it is impossible I think for a REALLY powerful player to have much more), and a sleek UI. User replaceable battery is useless to me. It should also have physical buttons and a line out.

May 10, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #180 of 18,020
1. When I use a DAP I have one big problem for me.

It's about the cellphone , I never know when my phone ring after i put my headphone on.

It's always in my pocket.

Could it possible to make DAP can alert or stop playing when the phone ring?

2. I want to use DAP with my k701 or Alpha Dog too. ( That what I normally walk around with.)

I could be super happy if this DAP can push the good sound quality from them.
( I'm not saying best SQ )

3. Type of sound I expect is 901 .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back