FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Oct 15, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #14,746 of 18,020
Most of the people that I know in the graphic design world, photoshop, movie editing etc., seem to prefer Mac.

I grew up using dos (yes, I'm that old), to Windows, and only in my mid thirties did I start using a mac. I prefer Mac for almost everything. For my business I do some light pdf editing, creating fillable forms, etc. Editing pdfs on a Mac is very easy, just use preview. Adobe dc is basically same on both.

Gaming, big edge to Windows based computers.

Overall I prefer my macs, 10 years ago I wouldn't touch one.

I just don't get that, you get the same amount of stuff done doing the same number of clicks. Computers are just filing cabinets. Frankly I don't care a great deal, I have been tempted to try the Mac OS, but it makes no sense for me to learn a new OS simply for the sake of learning it. I could see if there was something I couldn't get done in Windows, but I have yet to find anything I couldn't get done quickly. Plus, and this is my big issue with Mac, they try to keep the users away from the hardware, making upgrading so much more difficult than needed. I know Mac has improved in that area, but they are still way behind the good old PC. Anyway, back OT so I'll stop.

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #14,747 of 18,020
Not a matter of clicks, for what I do. It's simple. Finder is similar to file Explorer. I edit hundreds of pdfs per week. I download and open, which is done in preview. I have to usually add an address, phone number, and 1 10-12 digit number. With Mac, I just open and do my work and it's done. It's easier to do with preview than with Adobe. I use both programs, for the more complex aspects I use Adobe, for the simple stuff like above, I use preview.

I agree with what you are saying, don't get me wrong either, I don't really prefer one over the other. Both have their advantages bro. I just know for my business, Mac is significantly more efficient, saving me both time and money. I was a Windows guy for my entire life. Had my first computer at 3 years old, back in 78. I had computer systems most wouldn't know existed.

I only switched to Mac because my Fiancé (GF at the time) purchased a new MacBook at the time for herself (she prefers it for her video editing). I was going through a very bad time in my life, a very dark place, and she purchased one for me as well. Needless to say, I didn't want it, but I did. I love electronics, but always was a Windows guy. After a brief adjustment, I ended up really enjoying it.

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #14,749 of 18,020
[Mod Comment]

All the O/T stuff on Mac vs PC?  Please take it elsewhere.  George, you should know better.  Commenting with

OffThread:
Quick question:

is not a valid excuse .........

Oct 16, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #14,750 of 18,020
02 is much more unstable. I advise caution.

Only today I'll test it better but I was a bit worried yesterday night when X7 refused to play a few 24/192 tracks ... and after that it would refuse to play *any* track. App showed time running but no sound from amp

After a few reboots it started to play. I appreciate FiiO efforts but there are few simple things I see everyone bragging (inc myself) for so long that can't be fixed??? like making the dark grey subtitles readable???!!! Sure there are more important things to fix but, opening genres list and see a A-Z list??? I have albums inside genres since 20th century on ipods, its so basic I can't understand, how can anyone listen to a Jazz album?

Would it be technically impossible for Neutron to access hardware (i.e. DAC) and *possibly* delivering the same audio quality as FiiO app?

Sorry... I am getting a bit tired :)

Regards

Oct 16, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #14,751 of 18,020
[Mod Comment]

All the O/T stuff on Mac vs PC?  Please take it elsewhere.  George, you should know better.  Commenting with

is not a valid excuse .........

Sorry.

Thought I might ask an user about it since I'm actually curious. I'm curious because I had considered taking that oath but never seen an advantage and the learning curve is a bit unwieldy for beginners.

But sorry, will try to stay on thread ^_^.

Em... You know this is what I want to ask on x7. How is the USB dac going on ?

Oct 16, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #14,752 of 18,020
Sorry.

Thought I might ask an user about it since I'm actually curious. I'm curious because I had considered taking that oath but never seen an advantage and the learning curve is a bit unwieldy for beginners.

But sorry, will try to stay on thread ^_^.

Em... You know this is what I want to ask on x7. How is the USB dac going on ?

Haven't tested it fully with new OS version, but works well with Linux, and very little latency (just fractional) at 24/48.  When I get a break from current reviewing madcap forward schedule, I'll try to test with Windows as well.

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #14,753 of 18,020

Haven't tested it fully with new OS version, but works well with Linux, and very little latency (just fractional) at 24/48.  When I get a break from current reviewing madcap forward schedule, I'll try to test with Windows as well.

Thank you! 

Would be great to know if it's possible to watch videos and if the delay is well... if you feel that there is a delay in audio while watching movies or playing something in windows, 

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #14,755 of 18,020
Sorry bro. I was tricked into answering those silly questions. Won't happen again.
beerchug.gif

Same, we all get sucked into such conversations, we're human. I'll bet Brooko in his pre-mod days also went down that path a few times right mate? And yes Paul, I do have to hang my head in shame a little as well. I have been in the community long enough and I should know better. I was the victim of a few more bourbon and gingers last night than I should have indulged in. Lubrication seems to loosen up the filters a little.

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #14,756 of 18,020
Same, we all get sucked into such conversations, we're human. I'll bet Brooko in his pre-mod days also went down that path a few times right mate?

Definitely, I remember reporting him to mods on several occasions. :wink:

On a serious note, I think. I'm going to try the new firmware today since I have some free time. Just concerned about losing V4A. I want to hear it though, but I will go back down because I need viper.

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #14,757 of 18,020
Definitely, I remember reporting him to mods on several occasions.
wink.gif

On a serious note, I think. I'm going to try the new firmware today since I have some free time. Just concerned about losing V4A. I want to hear it though, but I will go back down because I need viper.

Glad to hear Viper is still big in your system needs. If I ever have need I would love to try. Maybe I'll buy an inexpensive Android phone that has decent sound and Root it just to see, might be fun. Any phone that you can think of that might fit that bill? I would use it just as a music player as I'm not going to root my G4, not yet anyway. Cheers.

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #14,758 of 18,020
So
Glad to hear Viper is still big in your system needs. If I ever have need I would love to try. Maybe I'll buy an inexpensive Android phone that has decent sound and Root it just to see, might be fun. Any phone that you can think of that might fit that bill? I would use it just as a music player as I'm not going to root my G4, not yet anyway. Cheers.

Sony Xperia z1

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #14,759 of 18,020
Oct 16, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #14,760 of 18,020
Only today I'll test it better but I was a bit worried yesterday night when X7 refused to play a few 24/192 tracks ... and after that it would refuse to play *any* track. App showed time running but no sound from amp

After a few reboots it started to play. I appreciate FiiO efforts but there are few simple things I see everyone bragging (inc myself) for so long that can't be fixed??? like making the dark grey subtitles readable???!!! Sure there are more important things to fix but, opening genres list and see a A-Z list??? I have albums inside genres since 20th century on ipods, its so basic I can't understand, how can anyone listen to a Jazz album?

Would it be technically impossible for Neutron to access hardware (i.e. DAC) and *possibly* delivering the same audio quality as FiiO app?

Sorry... I am getting a bit tired
smily_headphones1.gif

Regards

I'm telling the same on "The public beta firmware" thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/822149/the-public-beta-firmware-of-android-5-1-for-fiio-x7-is-coming/75

Also the ability to support more than one genre, artists, etc. in the same ID TAG separated by semicolon, por example two genres on a song file like "Rock;Alternative Rock;Hard Rock" and find this file searching by any of the three genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back