FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Oct 15, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #14,717 of 18,020
  Dear All,

Beta firmware version 3.0.2_beta for the X7(Android 5.1) now is available!

If your X7 is already FW3.0beta, pls try to update it by over-the-air automatic update (the WiFi on the X7 should be turned on firstly) or manual update via update zip file.
Here is the related update instruction for the above 2 methods: click here
Update zip file for FW3.0.2_beta: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hr6wsb4jjy5nvcf/X7-3.0.2_beta-update.zip?dl=0

If you want to go back to the older version firmware, please click:
FW2.0 with flashing tool and instructions
FW1.91 with flashing tool and instructions

The following changes and improvements have been made to FW3.0.2_beta compared to FW3.0beta:

1. Added synchronized power on/off with K5;
2. Fixed the noise issue when playing some DTS WAV tracks;
3. Fixed issue where there's no sound output when playing some MP3/WAV/APE tracks;
4. Fixed issue where only the Power button would work in lockscreen with the Screen lock set to None;
5. Fixed issue where the volume buttons would not work when lockscreen is controlled by third-party music apps;
6. Fixed issue where the Adjustable volume at LO cannot be turned off when the X7 is connected to a docking station (The Adjustable volume at LO is now set to OFF by default);
7. Fixed issue where the file name/title sorting was in wrong order;
8. Fixed issue where the playback would not stop after all the tracks in one directory were played under Sequential play mode;
9. Fixed issue where there's no sound output when switching to DAC mode after exiting the music app;
10. Fixed issue where the play mode would be switched to Random automatically each time after opening FiiO Music and clicking to play;
11. Fixed issue where there's no sound output when a system prompt tone is played or after transferring files via Bluetooth;
12. Fixed issue where the Pulsar light setting would not take effect;
13. Fixed issue where the X7 would power on automatically after it's docked to DK1;
14. Improved the track search function (The Album and Artist info will also be displayed now);
15. Improved the file sorting (the song files and folders will be grouped separately now);
16. Improved the file name/track display problem of some tracks;
17. Fixed the issue where the player will freeze when switching to DAC mode sometimes;
18. Miscellaneous bug fixes;

Looking forward to everyone's feedback. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Firmware installed OK manually - OTA did not work.  Most of my points about v3.01 remain in this version:
Track timing still not showing time left to end of track in FiiO Music
Search box background still too dark, unable to read clearly in FiiO music
192 KHz tracks down sampled to 96KHz playing from FiiO Music using Coax Out to Chord Hugo
Track details of track playing flickering while scrolling in FiiO music
X7 running much warmer than using FW v2.0.  Suspect playtime will be reduced due to new FW, this is surprising since the X7 is not doing any amplification or DAC and is merely operating as a transport. will monitor closeley
Streaming tracks from Amazon Music is unreliable – downloading tracks works OK.  Overall slightly better in this FW version but still not as good as FW v2.0
Unable to store music on external SD card downloaded from Amazon Music
SQ seems OK for me, however because of the down sampling I am unable to judge the SQ of Hi Res tracks - the down sampling is the biggest issue for me, however I am sure it will be solved. All tracks were played at the correct resolution in v2.0.
I'm going to stick with v3.02 for the moment to avoid the hassle of downgrading and then the need to carry our a double upgrade when the next version is released.

Oct 15, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #14,718 of 18,020
  I cannot upgrade to the latest beta firmware.

I tried by copying the zip file to the internal storage and clicking on Firmware Update tool (in Technical Support), but I get an error message: "firm error"

I also tried through the device manager by following the instructions on this video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ybisexjhcrf9fr/X7%20Firwmare%20Upgrade%20Instructions.mp4?dl=0

But there is no 'driver' folder in the update folder.

?

I got my update from here:
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/FIRMWARE/Others/FiiO-X7-v5-Portable-Player-Firmware-300-Beta.shtml

Oct 15, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #14,720 of 18,020
I cannot upgrade to the latest beta firmware.

I tried by copying the zip file to the internal storage and clicking on Firmware Update tool (in Technical Support), but I get an error message: "firm error"

I also tried through the device manager by following the instructions on this video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ybisexjhcrf9fr/X7%20Firwmare%20Upgrade%20Instructions.mp4?dl=0

But there is no 'driver' folder in the update folder.

?

I guess you have already updated to v3.0.1? V3.0.2 will not run directly from FW v2.0 - took me a while to realize I hadn't read the instructions properly!

Oct 15, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #14,721 of 18,020
Firmware installed OK manually - OTA did not work.  Most of my points about v3.01 remain in this version:
Track timing still not showing time left to end of track in FiiO Music

Search box background still too dark, unable to read clearly in FiiO music

192 KHz tracks down sampled to 96KHz playing from FiiO Music using Coax Out to Chord Hugo

Track details of track playing flickering while scrolling in FiiO music

X7 running much warmer than using FW v2.0.  Suspect playtime will be reduced due to new FW, this is surprising since the X7 is not doing any amplification or DAC and is merely operating as a transport. will monitor closeley

Streaming tracks from Amazon Music is unreliable – downloading tracks works OK.  Overall slightly better in this FW version but still not as good as FW v2.0

Unable to store music on external SD card downloaded from Amazon Music
SQ seems OK for me, however because of the down sampling I am unable to judge the SQ of Hi Res tracks - the down sampling is the biggest issue for me, however I am sure it will be solved. All tracks were played at the correct resolution in v2.0.
I'm going to stick with v3.02 for the moment to avoid the hassle of downgrading and then the need to carry our a double upgrade when the next version is released.

Add to the list:
BT range not as good for me
BT volume not working correctly
X7 is connected to Chord QBD 76

Oct 15, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #14,727 of 18,020

I don't know anyone with a PC anymore - I'd like to know you'll have this sorted out soon?

Library, internet cafe, lots of options for pc. Can't believe you don't have access to any pc.

Before going into this as a problem, if the creators of the code haven't made it possible to do the process from a MAC, it's not exactly Fiio's fault. 

On the other hand, with a little free time, there are virtual machines as an option, and it can be done for free. 

Oct 15, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #14,728 of 18,020
Easy does it there guys- of course there are options and I did not imply there was none.

My post was about looking for a touch of reassurance from Fiio that Mac users might soon be included without needing to step out of that environment.
I felt Fiios response was a touch flippant or impertinent  - " I think it is not hard to find a window PC/notebook"

Quote:

Before going into this as a problem, if the creators of the code haven't made it possible to do the process from a MAC, it's not exactly Fiio's fault. 

On the other hand, with a little free time, there are virtual machines as an option, and it can be done for free. 

Yes of course

Library, internet cafe, lots of options for pc. Can't believe you don't have access to any pc.

And that would be unbelievable -  If I claimed  there was no access to a pc.  My comment was simply highlighting inconvenience for Mac users.

Oct 15, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #14,729 of 18,020
Yes of course

And that would be unbelievable -  If I claimed  there was no access to a pc.  My comment was simply highlighting inconvenience for Mac users.

I didn't read Fiio as flippant, just pointing out reality. I would be happy for them to focus on things that are priority in getting the firmware released. Not ideal to need a pc, but not really a big deal to work around.

Oct 15, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #14,730 of 18,020
  I think that until the end os this month we will receive the 3.0 firmware. One thing that I can say is: My Dunu DN2000 arrived last week, and I sold my Westone W4R. My AM5 amp arrived 3 days ago. Before it, I have installed the beta firmware. I bought the Mee Pinnacle P1 that will arrive next week. My Unique Melody Mentor is almost arriving too. I'm really impressive with the sound quality of the X7 + AM5 + Dunu DN2000!

look, W40 - they play better on the Fiio X7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back