FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Sep 20, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #14,343 of 18,020

Sooooo let's just imagine that FiiO and the "Little Bear" brand teamed up to make the AM7: Balanced Tube Amp Module:

i want it

i photoshop for a living, thats not bad at all
but i think it will need 2 tubes to run balanced

X7 + AM3 + HD650 = happy

Are there tubes small enough that would work inside X7 AMPs ?

Sep 20, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #14,347 of 18,020
Been pretty quiet around here regarding the update. I ordered an acoustic research m20. I am giving up on the x7.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time a smaller Asian electronics company oversold a product and in the end had to just abandon it. All too familiar. So is the silent treatment. If they don't finish the firmware it will be the end of Fiio. Nobody would trust them enough to buy a dog whistle from them..

Sep 20, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #14,349 of 18,020
Well, it wouldn't be the first time a smaller Asian electronics company oversold a product and in the end had to just abandon it. All too familiar. So is the silent treatment. If they don't finish the firmware it will be the end of Fiio. Nobody would trust them enough to buy a dog whistle from them..

I am assuming they have overshot their abilities on this one, yes.

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #14,350 of 18,020

I wouldn't say that, the X7 is one of the least buggy DAPs out-they're ALL buggy, including the M20, A&Ks, and especially the QP1R..........most stable portable music player you'll find is the iPod.

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #14,351 of 18,020
I use the X7 every day. No real issues with the FW. I am not sure what I am missing here but the X7 works well for me and I am enjoying the balanced amp module. 

Sep 21, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #14,352 of 18,020
I use the X7 every day. No real issues with the FW. I am not sure what I am missing here but the X7 works well for me and I am enjoying the balanced amp module. 

There are a few issues, amd (promised) additions that are missing.
-gapless is broken on fw 2.0
-no replaygain
-playlists half broken on fw 2.0
-volume starts low
-bluetooth does weird things to audio (lag)
-volume lowers on notification
-music randomly stops playing on fw 2.0
-lag when used as DAC

And of course the promise of android 5(.1)

now for the 200gb micro SD issue: mine was formatted using the 1st gen X5, never had any issues where the X7 boots twice or anything else.

Sep 21, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #14,353 of 18,020
Sep 21, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #14,354 of 18,020

I wouldn't say that, the X7 is one of the least buggy DAPs out-they're ALL buggy, including the M20, A&Ks, and especially the QP1R..........most stable portable music player you'll find is the iPod.

Not true at all. X7 is anything but bug/issue free. Just go through this thread, I wouldn't be faar from the truth if I say around 1/4 of all posts are bug/issue reports. I can now compare to Pioneer XDP-100R's software and though it's not bug free it's still way better. And comparing X7 to AK software? Simply no comparison. And yes I had X7. Never again. Great sound yes, but so many hardware/software issues. Fiio have lots to do till X7II

Sep 21, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #14,355 of 18,020
Allthough I'm also getting a bit impatient about the update, the bugs are not keeping me from using the X7 everyday. I just love the sound with the AM3 and the Cosmic Ears CE6P. I really hope they solve the issues, because it would make the X7 an even more enjoyable player for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back