FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Sep 21, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #14,356 of 18,020
  Not true at all. X7 is anything but bug/issue free. Just go through this thread, I wouldn't be faar from the truth if I say around 1/4 of all posts are bug/issue reports. I can now compare to Pioneer XDP-100R's software and though it's not bug free it's still way better. And comparing X7 to AK software? Simply no comparison. And yes I had X7. Never again. Great sound yes, but so many hardware/software issues. Fiio have lots to do till X7II

I agree, the only reason I have/had a few AK DAPs is because they don't have bugs that constantly remind you while listening/enjoying music. Not to mention that out of the box you can listen straight away. On the other hand, the X7 is how you want to compromise by choosing the FW version with the bug that you can tolerate. 

Sep 21, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #14,357 of 18,020

I agree, the only reason I have/had a few AK DAPs is because they don't have bugs that constantly remind you while listening/enjoying music. Not to mention that out of the box you can listen straight away. On the other hand, the X7 is how you want to compromise by choosing the FW version with the bug that you can tolerate. 

AK Jr hasn't had its software updated in over a year-Fiio has at least 5 updates in the same amount of time, at least they're trying.

*some* of my problems with A&K Jr. : rewind not working properly, sometimes won’t go to previous song
Also, next/previous song buttons have to be pushed multiple times before the song changes
Formatting problems, but seems like all DAPs have this
Interface very slow and clunky
Screen goes black for no reason and wake up keys won’t work. 
Standby/sleep function doesn’t work, battery just keeps on draining
Organizing music into artist/genre/album is a mess and a pita

QP1R was even worse

Honestly guys, I didn't say X7 was bug free, I just said ALL DAPS ARE BUGGY. 

Just read any DAP thread and you'll see bugs every 4-5 posts. 

I've had fewer problems with my Fiio DAPs than any other that I've tried, and they do more frequent updates than anyone. 

Sep 21, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #14,358 of 18,020
Problem with the x7 bugs at this point is they do affect sq and musical immersion, and it seems Fiio is not addressing them even though they said an update is coming soon. We have heard about the "soon" update for several months now.

Anyway, I wish everyone enjoyment with their x7. It's time for me to move on and cut my loses. I won't be investing in Fiio products again.

Also, sent a warranty request into Fiio a week ago, no response yet....

Sep 21, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #14,364 of 18,020

AK Jr hasn't had its software updated in over a year-Fiio has at least 5 updates in the same amount of time, at least they're trying.

*some* of my problems with A&K Jr. : rewind not working properly, sometimes won’t go to previous song
Also, next/previous song buttons have to be pushed multiple times before the song changes
Formatting problems, but seems like all DAPs have this
Interface very slow and clunky
Screen goes black for no reason and wake up keys won’t work. 
Standby/sleep function doesn’t work, battery just keeps on draining
Organizing music into artist/genre/album is a mess and a pita

QP1R was even worse

Honestly guys, I didn't say X7 was bug free, I just said ALL DAPS ARE BUGGY. 

Just read any DAP thread and you'll see bugs every 4-5 posts. 

I've had fewer problems with my Fiio DAPs than any other that I've tried, and they do more frequent updates than anyone. 

Speaking of Fiio DAPs only X7 is the worst in terms of bugs so far. Never had any complaints with X5 in the past. Totally did not expect this with X7, especially at this point of its life cycle.

I don't usually mind if there are any bugs as long as the basic features (which is folder browsing and playback) lets you just enjoy music uninterrupted.

Never had any issues with that on AK Jr, at least not the basic playback functions. So maybe specific to use case what you experienced. 

Folder browsing with gapless playback without any annoying stutter clicks clicks and a smoother way to do play,pause and go to next, prev tracks is all I need.

I can tolerate other bugs as long as I can have the above mentioned functions/feature working properly. I can do that with X5 and all AK Daps I tried. Just surprising it is not the case with X7 (yet). 

From experience iBasso is notorious when it comes to software bugs. Every FW updates fixes something but introduces more. which is a vicious cycle. 

Sep 21, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #14,365 of 18,020
Tbh I either havent come across the bugs that many people have posted here or they dont apply to me for how I use my x7 (i.e. bluetooth issues). Ive been happy as a clam with my fiio

Sep 22, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #14,366 of 18,020
  Speaking of Fiio DAPs only X7 is the worst in terms of bugs so far. Never had any complaints with X5 in the past. Totally did not expect this with X7, especially at this point of its life cycle.

I don't usually mind if there are any bugs as long as the basic features (which is folder browsing and playback) lets you just enjoy music uninterrupted.

Never had any issues with that on AK Jr, at least not the basic playback functions. So maybe specific to use case what you experienced. 

Folder browsing with gapless playback without any annoying stutter clicks clicks and a smoother way to do play,pause and go to next, prev tracks is all I need.

I can tolerate other bugs as long as I can have the above mentioned functions/feature working properly. I can do that with X5 and all AK Daps I tried. Just surprising it is not the case with X7 (yet). 

From experience iBasso is notorious when it comes to software bugs. Every FW updates fixes something but introduces more. which is a vicious cycle. 

Maybe I'm not getting all these bugs because I use Spotify and Tidal exclusively? I rarely use the Fiio player. 

Sep 22, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #14,368 of 18,020
I am sorry that the new firmware still can't meet our expactation .  plz wait more time so we can release a total new firmware which based on Android 5.0 and we will also add some new theme, APT-X  support in the future. 

but this new firmware is a big work and  is total new structure . but after that we should have the ability to response bugs fix in short time. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 22, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #14,369 of 18,020
  I am sorry that the new firmware still can't meet our expactation .  plz wait more time so we can release a total new firmware which based on Android 5.0 and we will also add some new theme, APT-X  support in the future. 

but this new firmware is a big work and  is total new structure . but after that we should have the ability to response bugs fix in short time. 

as long as you communicate, people can (and usually will be) more patient.

total silence makes people restless, and that in terms causes people to make up stuff in their minds, causing a negative impact towards FiiO.

I realise that this is the first time you're working with such a complex operating system (Android) so i'm fairly relaxed, and just waiting. but promises made (monthly softwarew updates) and experiences from past devices (the X series has received mostly monthly updates) sets certain expectations.

Thank you for letting us know that you are working on this.

-CH23

Sep 22, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #14,370 of 18,020

Hi James

Android 6 (Marshmallow) is out now and according to reviews, seems to be trouble free.  I have just bought a phone with 6 installed which has not shown any bugs so far.

It may save you time in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back