FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Aug 6, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #13,651 of 18,020
That's totally possible.  I thought I saw it on an unboxing video but now I can't find it. I'll just pick up a leather case for it.  That will work.

Thanks so much for clearing things up.

I don't like silicon cases, on my past experiences with several devices, iPods, etc. they leave permanent marks in metal surfaces, I think due to retained humidity. Leather cases are the best IMHO and Dignis makes a very good one, better adjusted to X7 than FiiO original because it leaves the blue led visible, it's shaped to X7 round corners (not square), has a round cut over the light sensor and covers all X7 including buttons. FYI the leather over the buttons is thinner which is a nice detail that makes their operation easier, although obviously not as easy as if they were free.

My 2 cents

Aug 6, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #13,652 of 18,020
I don't like silicon cases, on my past experiences with several devices, iPods, etc. they leave permanent marks in metal surfaces, I think due to retained humidity. Leather cases are the best IMHO and Dignis makes a very good one, better adjusted to X7 than FiiO original because it leaves the blue led visible, it's shaped to X7 round corners (not square), has a round cut over the light sensor and covers all X7 including buttons. FYI the leather over the buttons is thinner which is a nice detail that makes their operation easier, although obviously not as easy as if they were free.

My 2 cents

on your avatar you have a x7?

Aug 6, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #13,655 of 18,020
Hi @Sound Eq
first off have you tried playing with the Low Pass Filter settings? You may find that putting it on "Gradual" has a subtle (emphasis on this) effect on making the sound from the DAC smoother a bit. Though again, this is not a big effect and may not make a difference to you.

And secondly, I've tried the X7 with the E12, and this will definitely give you the smoother sound that you're looking for. Though personally I don't like this pairing as much as the X7 with AM2 or AM5 or even E12A. E12 is simply too smooth for my tastes (to the point of masking details IMO).

the line out sound is too not smooth (bright, sibilance) comparing go x5ii on same external amp. vocal emphasis song will sounds bad on x7 than x5ii. anyway to remediate this ? i have tried eq to lower on 14k but still x5ii lo better.

with amp module it became another beast and better than x5ii. sigh

Aug 6, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #13,656 of 18,020
Aug 6, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #13,657 of 18,020
I don't think it's fair to compare/expect any Fiio amp module to perform nearly as well as any decent external amp. My EL-8's can get to blistering levels with regards to volume (AM5) but no where near the thump and clarity when compared to my Ican SE. However, when I use a more appropriate headphone, like my trusty HD 25 the AM5 sounds sublime. I think some of us need to keep things in perspective.

Aug 6, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #13,658 of 18,020
Hey Guys,

Just wondrring about Tidal storage. Can songs be stored to the external card, or am I limited to the internal storage?

Thanks

Aug 6, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #13,659 of 18,020
Hey Guys,

Just wondrring about Tidal storage. Can songs be stored to the external card, or am I limited to the internal storage?

Thanks

Never mind found it. That sucks!

Aug 6, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #13,660 of 18,020
Never mind found it. That sucks!

That will be fixed soon even for existing X7s, or at least it sounds like it will based on what James has said.

Aug 7, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #13,664 of 18,020
Hello,

Is it possible to use the X7 as a transport only to  feed another DAC via the USB out?
I know this is possible  through the Coax out.

Cheers

Aug 7, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #13,665 of 18,020
can I get recommendations for dac amp or dap to buy from ppl who use fiio x7? may be there is something cheaper worth. em cause it's unlikely to buy fiio x7 dap for 600 euro seems nothing cheaper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back