FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jul 30, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #13,487 of 18,020
I've had random pauses with every music app I've tried, in pure music mode, using every amp module (except the am3, which I haven't had very long), using external amp, dac, and combo.

Recently, I haven't had any. I've changed nothing. It's a crazy bug. That being said, hasn't happened in quite sometime.

maybe u can try uninstall all other music player and left only stock player. i have conflict issue with xiami player where while playing on stock player, the xiami somehow wakeup on its own and race for sound output causing sound pause.

Jul 30, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #13,491 of 18,020
anyone know how the power timer works in x7. im on fw2.0

there are 2 options:
1. sleep
2. idle power off

when i set sleep to 1 minute, then after 1 min it power off.

when i set idle power off to 1 minute, after 1 min it power off.

so whats diff ? i have no idea what fiio is trying to achieve.

and if i set both to off, then the blue led light will be always on and power draining.

i coming from x5 and thus would expect x7 to have same quick power resume / deep sleep feature.

Jul 30, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #13,493 of 18,020
anyone know how the power timer works in x7. im on fw2.0

there are 2 options:
1. sleep
2. idle power off

when i set sleep to 1 minute, then after 1 min it power off.

when i set idle power off to 1 minute, after 1 min it power off.

so whats diff ? i have no idea what fiio is trying to achieve.

and if i set both to off, then the blue led light will be always on and power draining.

i coming from x5 and thus would expect x7 to have same quick power resume / deep sleep feature.

Idle power off just like it states, if no music playback then it will turn off. And sleep mode, it will turn off regardless playback

Jul 30, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #13,494 of 18,020
i can confidently say now, after trying some other top daps that i like my fiio x7 with am5 better than the ak380 and amp that i sold

i really dig the am5

and hope for am7 :) for crazy to drive planar to come out :)

Jul 30, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #13,495 of 18,020
Hey Guys, my X7 am3 and K5 get here Monday, I have a couple questions. First, is the Classics Online HD Classics available for streaming? Second, I picked up the K5 for my more difficult to drive headphones, would I be better off with an am5? Thanks!

Jul 30, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #13,499 of 18,020
i can confidently say now, after trying some other top daps that i like my fiio x7 with am5 better than the ak380 and amp that i sold

i really dig the am5

and hope for am7 :) for crazy to drive planar to come out :)

Really bro? I'm sort of happy to read that... But makes me want the AK380cu much less. I hate to say it, but I told you the X7 is legit. :wink:

Jul 31, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #13,500 of 18,020
Idle power off just like it states, if no music playback then it will turn off. And sleep mode, it will turn off regardless playback

ok understood. so x7 doesnt have deep sleep feature like x5ii ? it basically keep operating when the screen off (assume all timer option are off).

if it is, i don understand why would fiio dont implement it in flagship model but lower end has it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back