FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jul 28, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #13,456 of 18,020
  you can find the amp modules here : http://fiio-shop.de/

Super Service. Bought there several times.

How long does it take for the order to arrive? As a prime member on Amazon, my orders take only one day. 
I still don´t get why Fiio doesn´t sell them on Amazon.de . I can get them easily on Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com .

Jul 28, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #13,459 of 18,020
  I'm going to vent here in hopes that someone from Fiio sees this. I have now gotten 2 Fiio X7 units from Authorized sellers on Amazon, the latest being Tinbel in which the units are sold as new, but are obviously used. The first unit I got about 2 months ago had someone else's music still loaded on it and the plastic wasn't sealed. I decided I would try again since I have my K10U's coming tomorrow and I ordered another unit yesterday and paid for 1 day shipping, again, new in box, and I got a unit that was wrapped in an over-sized plastic wrapping and wasn't factory sealed. This is just ridiculous. I order a lot of things from Amazon, and I have NEVER encountered a problem like this before. I didn't pay $599 for a used unit. I'm not sure how to go about getting a legitimate factory sealed unit.

I prefer buying from Amazon, using Prime, but I'm pretty familiar with the sellers on there and didn't bother with them and got it from B&H Photo. I've never had a problem with B&H.

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #13,460 of 18,020

How long does it take for the order to arrive? As a prime member on Amazon, my orders take only one day. 
I still don´t get why Fiio doesn´t sell them on Amazon.de . I can get them easily on Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com .

I am in computer business and we sold before on Amazon. I can tell you  ... in fact nobody wants to sell there if you have your own shop. :wink:

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #13,461 of 18,020

I am in computer business and we sold before on Amazon. I can tell you  ... in fact nobody wants to sell there if you have your own shop. :wink:

i'll explain this a bit:

customers can claim that something was faulty, or never arrived, or not what they ordered and amazon instantly pays back/sends a new one, on the cost of the seller. pretty much no questions asked.

Jul 28, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #13,462 of 18,020
My first review of Fiio X7.

I recieved my Fiio X7 Body this week with the AM3 module amplifier here in Spain.

My last mobile music devices have been iRiver H-140 and Fiio version X5 1. To date no one has been able to get close or far, the software and features of the iRiver H-140. With the iRiver H-140 you could control all its libraries and folders with buttons not only on the device, but also on the remote control (with cable) which had a small screen. In the iRiver H140 you could mark a song to be the next to be reproduced and then continue in the following order to that song.

My two main uses are in the car, connected via line-out to line-in and with my headphones Senheisser HD-800 connected with balanced cable. First,I have only tried in the car.

I have very good 3-way adjustable car stereo equipment, one for tweeters, one for woofers and one for the subwoofer with very good speakers.

The sound quality of the X7 against X5 is impressive. More detailed, more expanded, more refined. In fact is very easily to anyone notice the change, no matter how bad you have heard, you note the difference, even with different genres of music: Classical, Pop, Dance, House, R&B, Balads, Reggaeton, Techno, etc.

I can control the volume levels receiving the car stereo and adjust the volume of the line output of the Fiio X7, to verify that the sound is not saturated. Actually the volume is set to 120.

I own about 2 TB. of music. 30% is in DSD format (DSF), 50% is in FLAC (70% is 16 bits 44 kHz and 30% is more than 16 bits 44 kHz) and 20% is mp3. I own a 1 TB. Kingston Pendrive connected to the Fiio X7 via USB OTG with 1 TB. of selected music from my music library.

Explore the library via Genres, Artist, etc. is really a nightmare. Unuseable. Who, in their right mind, has occurred to put light blue text on a light white background. Its really difficult to read. Even a child knows that light text goes on a dark background and dark text on a light background. It is a basic design concept.

Exploring the library via folders is aceptable. Light text on dark background. Its usefull an very good reading. The only thing I miss is a chance to see the full name of the folder or file, either by scrolling or by multiple lines. Once selected and playing a file, the info, if the background of the album or the file is light, is again imposible to read, even dark a very little the background.

If I select a m3u8 playlist again the unreadable light blue text on a light white background. Unacceptable.

When I first power on and listening, the volume is low and after a few seconds volume goes up. Then, when listening music for hours, in some occasions music goes down, and then after a few seconds volume goes up again.

When playing DSD, when I press next song, in most of ocassions, the sound heards digital garbage and its stays sounding like this until i reset the device. Even if i change to an mp3 of flac file continues sounding digital garbage. Also occurs if i move to the middle of a DSD file and occurs ALWAYS when i change to the next song via the remote control RM-1 via bluetooth.

I expect to Fiio to resolve this issues. I continue reviewing the Fiio X7 and I have not tried my headphones Sennheiser HD-800 connected via balanced output. Also i not tried to view lyrics and sync lyrics.

Jul 28, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #13,463 of 18,020
My first review of Fiio X7.

I recieved my Fiio X7 Body this week with the AM3 module amplifier here in Spain.

Explore the library via Genres, Artist, etc. is really a nightmare. Unuseable. Who, in their right mind, has occurred to put light blue text on a light white background. Its really difficult to read. Even a child knows that light text goes on a dark background and dark text on a light background. It is a basic design concept.

Exploring the library via folders is aceptable. Light text on dark background. Its usefull an very good reading. The only thing I miss is a chance to see the full name of the folder or file, either by scrolling or by multiple lines. Once selected and playing a file, the info, if the background of the album or the file is light, is again imposible to read, even dark a very little the background.

Hi Javi, are you referring to FiiO music App? Text color (on Genres, Artists) and background are the same as Folders, Light grey on dark grey. The complain I have are the subtitles "11 tracks", text color is too dark and mixes with background unless you have screen brightness very high.

Regards

Jul 28, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #13,464 of 18,020
Sorry. Light white background with light blue is only on m3u8 files. Yes, in FiiO music App. I use only in Pure Music. And yes with subtitles too dark and info on the playing file is again the light blue.

Also i can't manually configure my hidden Wi-Fi ID. "Establish connection" is always disable.

Spanish translations of Fiio Music needs a little of corrections.

Jul 28, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #13,466 of 18,020

Sorry. Light white background with light blue is only on m3u8 files. Yes, in FiiO music App.

95% of your problems are going to go away if you avoid the FiiO music app. It's riddled with bugs. Try Rocket Player.

Does Rocket work with the Viper4? I don't care for the UI on Neutron and would like to replace it. Any other ideas will be greatly appreciated. 

Jul 28, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #13,467 of 18,020

95% of your problems are going to go away if you avoid the FiiO music app. It's riddled with bugs. Try Rocket Player.

I think any other music app can't use the Fiio DAC and bypass the 48KHz android limit. See this three emails:

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Neutron Music Player [mailto:neutronmp@gmail.com]
Enviado el: lunes, 14 de julio de 2014 13:21
Para: ****
Asunto: Re: Downsampling and Lyrics.

Hi Javier,

Google is announcing possibility to change frequency rate of device only in Android 5.0. For now frequency is set by the firmware and usually it is either 44100 or 48000, even if Audio DAC of the device can do 24/96 for example. Some producers are trying to offer their own API to send audio in different format but it is for a very limited number of devices. Upgrading to Android 5.0 would be really the best solution for all. If OS settings would allow changing frequency rate Neutron will support it out of the box without special update.

> automatically see Syncronized Lyrics text

Thank you for the proposal, will put it into to-do for a review.

Best regards,
Dmitry.

De: Neutron Music Player [mailto:neutronmp@gmail.com]
Enviado el: sábado, 27 de junio de 2015 16:13
Para: *******
Asunto: Re: Why no more than 48 kHz?

Hi Javier,

I apologize for the delayed reply.

Normally Android OS is limited to a 44.1 or 48 kHz frequency. Even though hardware is capable of 192 kHz for example. It is OS limitation and if there was any OS setting which would change frequency of the device Neutron would work with it.

Best regards,
Dmitry.

De: jetaudio [mailto:jetaudio@jetappfactory.com]
Enviado el: domingo, 13 de julio de 2014 1:36
Para: *****
Asunto: Re: Downsampling

As you may already know android device does not support 192 Khz output for sound out so jetAudio have to down sampling to 44Khz.
Thank you.

On Jul 12, 2014, at 3:48 PM, **** wrote:

Hi,

I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 that plays audio at 192 Khz. Does Jetaudio can reproduce at 192 Khz files at 192 Khz or does downsampling files at 44 or 48 Khz? I know that Neutron do this (downsampling).

Thanks.

Also in Neutron app web page, in the FAQ section:

Q: Why do I need to know about Resampling?

A: Generally speaking, you don't. Until the moment when you get music files which have frequency other than 44.1kHz. Android OS is hard-coded to 44.1kHz frequency, e.g. if you have music files with the same frequency then no resampling happens. But if you get music with 48kHz frequency, or Studio quality music with 96kHz frequency then the real-time resampling will take place. Neutron provides 3 resampling methods which can be chosen depending on performance of your device.

Jul 28, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #13,468 of 18,020

Hi, it doesn't have many bugs, almost everything is working correctly - a BUG is something which is there but its not working properly or as announced.
Some things need to be corrected, a few to improve, but sounds wonderfully and because of that I forgive almost all of those... :wink:

Regards

Jul 28, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #13,469 of 18,020

I think any other music app can't use the Fiio DAC and bypass the 48KHz android limit. 

Sadly, that's correct.  So you currently have two choices:

1) Use a player that works.
2) Use the FiiO music app to give you very fractionally better SQ, and learn to live with random stops, crashes, failure to play when hidden system files are present, unreliable gapless playback, volume jump 10 s after plugging in your headphones, buggy scrubbing controls, buggy track name/number display and buggy track-time display.

P.S. IMHO, all the above "features" of the FiiO music app are bugs.

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #13,470 of 18,020
  Does Rocket work with the Viper4? I don't care for the UI on Neutron and would like to replace it. Any other ideas will be greatly appreciated. 

Try (and buy) neutron. If you customize it JUST right, then it should come surprisingly close to the FiiO stock app levels of quality, but with extra juice!

Sadly, that's correct.  So you currently have two choices:

1) Use a player that works.
2) Use the FiiO music app to give you very fractionally better SQ, and learn to live with random stops, crashes, failure to play when hidden system files are present, unreliable gapless playback, volume jump 10 s after plugging in your headphones, buggy scrubbing controls, buggy track name/number display and buggy track-time display.

P.S. IMHO, all the above "features" of the FiiO music app are bugs.

It's funny. I've rarely had random stops with the stock app. I DID however, have stops with Neutron due to the fact that I used a trial version, I bought the app, then use greenify to disable EVERYTHING that isn't related to playback. Yes, even the google play services, for some reason, THAT gets in the way.
If you buy neutron then just connect to the internet for about 30 seconds and you should be good. Since it will give you a re-confirmation screen to ensure you bought it.

On the other hand, I have had touch screen problems with it, I type things on the keyboard, and it gets an entirely DIFFERENT key. It's really frustrating, even in the stock FiiO app.
Then to make matters worse, sometimes the screen stops responding entirely and I have to hard reset it, really rustles my jimmies.
Never had faulty scrubbing controls, whatever those are, or track name/number/time display bugs, then again, each FiiO player has different bugs to begin with.
This player has a very diverse set of bugs. Fortunately, I haven't had it as bad as others, not to say my issues don't irritate me.

I don't know about the volume jump either, then again, maybe it's my amp. I'm using AM2 so maybe that has something to do with it.

I should update my review once more, there is lots of info I have yet to input.
Try updating if you haven't, or try ONE system format, something I'm about to do soon. I can't be assed yet.
Good luck on your player!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back