FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jul 6, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #12,961 of 18,019
I've been having much trouble trying to download anything that isn't in the Fiio Marketplace.

The "authentication failure message along with "google chat needs to be enabled" keep showing along with "you need to sign in".
I'm already signed in when these happen.

I've deleted caches, reset, signed in, out & in again.

Is there any specific help someone can offer for the X7?

OR-  Is another option to bring an app in through usb?

For example; If I download  the Hiby apk  on my mac - where do I drag it to in the X7 ?

(As this is my first and only Android device - I'm pretty frustrated with the platform just now or is this an X7 issue?)

Jul 6, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #12,962 of 18,019

(As this is my first and only Android device - I'm pretty frustrated with the platform just now or is this an X7 issue?)

It isn't an Android issue, it is an implementation of Android issue. There is a reason Android is the most popular mobile device OS on the planet.

Jul 6, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #12,963 of 18,019
  It isn't an Android issue, it is an implementation of Android issue. There is a reason Android is the most popular mobile device OS on the planet.

Whatever that reason is I would never care - because-  I have ZERO trouble loading apps to nearly a dozen Apple devices.

I am simply looking for a solution so I can get back to enjoying my X7 - the last update removed some of that joy.

Jul 6, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #12,964 of 18,019

Whatever that reason is I would never care - because-  I have ZERO trouble loading apps to nearly a dozen Apple devices.

I am simply looking for a solution so I can get back to enjoying my X7 - the last update removed some of that joy.

You asked if this is an Android issue, which it is not, it is an X7 Android implementation issue.

Jul 6, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #12,965 of 18,019
Can someone point me to a previous post that explains how to format an SD card with the X7?

Jul 6, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #12,967 of 18,019
I've been having much trouble trying to download anything that isn't in the Fiio Marketplace.

The "authentication failure message along with "google chat needs to be enabled" keep showing along with "you need to sign in".
I'm already signed in when these happen.

I've deleted caches, reset, signed in, out & in again.

Is there any specific help someone can offer for the X7?

OR-  Is another option to bring an app in through usb?

For example; If I download  the Hiby apk  on my mac - where do I drag it to in the X7 ?

You asked... He answered. :wink:

That being said, you should be able to sideload the apk's. Just like you said, drag them onto the X7 or download them, find them in a file Explorer, and click. It should install.

Jul 6, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #12,968 of 18,019
  You asked if this is an Android issue, which it is not, it is an X7 Android implementation issue.

Yes, yes and that did answer it - thank you.

My comment went to your second thought about the reason Android is so popular.
My internal dialogue went something like...." if it's so popular why is anyone having trouble with implementation?"

Thanks again

Jul 6, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #12,969 of 18,019
You asked... He answered.
wink.gif

That being said, you should be able to sideload the apk's. Just like you said, drag them onto the X7 or download them, find them in a file Explorer, and click. It should install.

Thanks - I'm working on that but haven't been able to get it to show on the player - the file shows on the card  but when I try to find on player no go - yet.

Jul 6, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #12,971 of 18,019
Hi fellow,

Between the AK jr and Fiio X7 which one have better sound?
I will pair with my UE TF10. The Fiio E12a is on the way to my home. So there will be 3 option for me:

1. AK jr + UE TF10
2. AK jr +TF10 + È12a
3. Fiio X7 stock amp + TF10

My priority is SQ then portability.

I'm new here so if I post in wrong threat please gentle.

Thanks

Jul 6, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #12,972 of 18,019
ak is ***** whether ak10 dac or dap, even zuperdac for 80 euro sounds better, plus weird slow volume wheel. fiio x7 will blow ak dap out of water every single time every time

Jul 6, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #12,973 of 18,019

My internal dialogue went something like...." if it's so popular why is anyone having trouble with implementation?"

Thanks again

Yes, I didn't need to throw the popularity thing in there; however, being popular and a company having some implementation issues are unrelated, but I continue to digress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back