FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jul 4, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #12,886 of 18,020
In the pono thread they have the opposite. Someones´s complaining about the bad SQ after downloading the new update. So that´s "negative placebo" then? :wink:

We must be very positive thinking people :p

Jul 4, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #12,890 of 18,020
We must be very positive thinking people :p

I quote Art Dudley (Stereophile): "Everything makes a difference. Everything. File that away."
Might sound ridiculous, but some even hear a difference, when the blue light is switched off....

Jul 4, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #12,892 of 18,020
I don't doubt you guys, I'm just wondering how you can hear that difference. It's not like you are abing the players.

maybe we need a new fresh pair of ears, it would interesting if in the future we can replace our stock ears with diy ears

Jul 4, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #12,893 of 18,020
I thought there was a special process we had to go through to revert to am older software. IIRC Joe Bloggs posted it a while back. I'm 99% certain it can be done.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/713735/fiio-x7-dxd-dsd-384k-64b-ess9018-android-wifi-bluetooth-4-amp-modules-balanced-out/11700#post_12570762

This was the post :smile:

Also, on the question of Viper4Android, Sound Eq, x RELIC x, V4A doesn't do any downsampling per se, it simply takes whatever audio that goes through the Android system (as opposed to bypassing it like FiiO Music) is sampled at and reports it in its "Driver Status". Nor does it actively seek to reroute audio, it only processes audio that has been going through the Android system in the first place. So the fact that V4A reports processing:Yes at Sampling Rate:44100 Hz simply means that the audio particular music app you're using has been going through the Android system at that rate all along.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 4, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #12,894 of 18,020
Yes it seems to work now for me.

Dang. It's not working for me.

I hate to seem like I'm complaining all time. I do like the X7, but I seem to keep finding issues. Here's another one...

Is anybody able to use the channel balance in the settings/audio controls. The GUI works, in the sense that the little slider bar goes left or right, but it has absolutely no impact on the audio. What are other people's experiences with that?

P.S. OK, scratch that one. It does work, but not until you hit the "OK" button. I guess I was using it wrong. Still no luck with the idle power-off though. And of course...

Google play services has stopped.

Jul 4, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #12,895 of 18,020
http://www.head-fi.org/t/713735/fiio-x7-dxd-dsd-384k-64b-ess9018-android-wifi-bluetooth-4-amp-modules-balanced-out/11700#post_12570762

This was the post
smile.gif

Also, on the question of Viper4Android, @Sound Eq, @x RELIC x, V4A doesn't do any downsampling per se, it simply takes whatever audio that goes through the Android system (as opposed to bypassing it like FiiO Music) is sampled at and reports it in its "Driver Status". Nor does it actively seek to reroute audio, it only processes audio that has been going through the Android system in the first place. So the fact that V4A reports processing:Yes at Sampling Rate:44100 Hz simply means that the audio particular music app you're using has been going through the Android system at that rate all along.

is that a limitation to android 4.4.1 and fixed in marsh mallow 

Jul 4, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #12,896 of 18,020
Sorry mate. With post like this one you clearly disqualify yourself. We all know you have the option to get in touch wit Fiio´s excellent customer service any time, instead you choose to spill so much vitriol here.  I have no sympathy for this kind of behavior.

Let me just put my neck on the block here and say I have some sympathy. If I really didn't like the X7, I'd have given up and returned it. It's an awesome device, but I understand the disappointment when things don't work as expected. Also, I cannot agree about FiiO's excellent customer service. Typically, it takes them about a week to get back to me with a canned response my Grandma could have written. Not trying to start a war here. Just pointing out my experiences.

P.S. If it weren't for the very helpful folks on this thread (FiiO included), I would be floundering now with my X7. Formal support requests to FiiO don't appear to receive as high a priority.

Jul 4, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #12,897 of 18,020
just wondering is the am5 module as powerful as an amp like alo mk3 b, that would be awsome

fiio x7 with headstage arrow distorts on my oppo pm1, while fiio x7 plus alo mk3 b clean distortion free even when i engage basshead bass levels, thays why i use alo for my oppo, while arrow with my iems

i know oppo pm1 is supposed to be easy to drive, but it distorts when i engage basshead bass levels, while with alo there is no distortion on oppo pm1

its amazing how i can achieve basshead level bass with alo mk3 b on my oppo pm1 with zero distortion, not taling bout my regular bass listening levels but real basshead bass shaking levels, wish the am5 is as good as alo

i wish fiio releases a high end basshead amp module i will buy one on the spot

Jul 4, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #12,898 of 18,020
just wondering is the am5 module as powerful as an amp like alo mk3 b, that would be awsome

fiio x7 with headstage arrow distorts on my oppo pm1, while fiio x7 plus alo mk3 b clean distortion free even when i engage basshead bass levels, thays why i use alo for my oppo, while arrow with my iems

i know oppo pm1 is supposed to be easy to drive, but it distorts when i engage basshead bass levels, while with alo there is no distortion on oppo pm1

its amazing how i can achieve basshead level bass with alo mk3 b on my oppo pm1 with zero distortion, not taling bout my regular bass listening levels but real basshead bass shaking levels, wish the am5 is as good as alo

i wish fiio releases a high end basshead amp module i will buy one on the spot

Yes, a basshead amp would be awesome!

Jul 4, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #12,899 of 18,020
heard this dap today what a detail. out of iphone and the fiio x7 its much better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back