FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jun 18, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #12,526 of 18,020
  If you are interested there is a retailer called tuff-luv that sells a nice leather case for the X7. I purchased it and it is great.

Would love it if you were to share some candid shots of the tuff-luv on the X7!

Jun 19, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #12,529 of 18,020
[COLOR=111111]What is it?[/COLOR]

Another case manufacturer!

http://tuff-luv.com/mobile/catalogsearch/result/?q=fiio

Jun 20, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #12,530 of 18,020
here is a picture show how the amp6 module work with a special edition DN4001. 

you can see the left is for most headphone amp with a 4001 hybird headphones. but question is the sound is not nature cause the passive filter can seperate the bass with treble/middle very well, 

with the amp6, it can drive the bass and treble/middle directly , and the active filter has far more better performance than the pass filter. ( low pass, band pass, high pass.....). 

there are quite some expensive speakers with this design. of course, more active speakers only drive by 2 channel amp . 

Heads-up

• the wrong figure is labelled as the schematic for the 4001 "hybird" the right figure should be labelled "special edition 4001 hybrid with AM6"
  • why yes, the passive filters "can" separate the frequencies very well already, thank you for asking :rolleyes:

Among other things :p

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 20, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #12,534 of 18,020
AM2 is good, I like it, but after some more hours "burning" my neurons I got to the conclusion is not a good match for my IEM's as it is AM1.

AM1 with a plus bass (+- 6db) adjustment on Angie makes a great match - clearer presentation of mids/highs, overall more neutral but still with a punchy and better defined bass, IMHO. I guess I will keep my AM2 maybe in a future for bigger more difficult to drive cans, or maybe I'll just let it go as I'm getting AM3...

Bottom line, different amps for different needs and tastes

My 2 cents

Jun 20, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #12,535 of 18,020
Jun 20, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #12,536 of 18,020
Can you actually hear the difference when you go over 44.1K anyway?
yes...

With some caveats though, which are beyond the scope of this thread (ie converting PCM to DSD), sounds a bit pie in the sky, but if you have good enough equipment it is easy to tell...

This, annoyingly, coming from a previous non believer who was into NOS DACs...

Jun 20, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #12,537 of 18,020
yes...

With some caveats though, which are beyond the scope of this thread (ie converting PCM to DSD), sounds a bit pie in the sky, but if you have good enough equipment it is easy to tell...

This, annoyingly, coming from a previous non believer who was into NOS DACs...

My equipment should be good enough to tell, but I certainly can't hear the difference, but as you said OT. Notice you have the Pioneer SE Master 1. I think that may be my end game headphone if it can bring the bass as well.

Jun 21, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #12,538 of 18,020
  My equipment should be good enough to tell, but I certainly can't hear the difference, but as you said OT. Notice you have the Pioneer SE Master 1. I think that may be my end game headphone if it can bring the bass as well.

The Pioneer phones are very good. I also use the Twau cable by Whiplash just to push them above and over the edge. lol 

Jun 21, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #12,540 of 18,020
Hi, These may already have been answered but I can not find them in here.
I got the X7 and updated the firmware to 1.9.1. There are a few issues I seem to be having.

The Line/coax out. When i connect this to the car stereo the power seems terrible and nothing compared to the X5ii. The other issue is when i disconnect the cable from the Coax the player switches to a different random album and starts playing in the backround, If I didn't put my ears to the headphones i would not know. So the unit has to be powered down completely.
Any advise would be great as its becoming a issue with me and I may just return it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back