FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Feb 5, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #9,076 of 18,020
  Yeah sure. How would i suppose to know they don't know how to shield correctly their stuff aggainst EM noises? Explain me how to i should know they even didn't know how to handle bluetooth driver? These things are basics but obviously it is not for FIIO.

Other already said it - you do research and wait for user feedback before buying. The same way how people find out Apple has Antennagate problem on iPhone 4 and opt for a bumper case. Do you think Steve Jobs intentionally made iPhone 4 flawed just so he could spend time fixing it? If this kind of thing can happen to Apple with their thousands of engineers, then it can happen to any other manufacturers.

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #9,078 of 18,020

Other already said it - you do research and wait for user feedback before buying. The same way how people find out Apple has Antennagate problem on iPhone 4 and opt for a bumper case. Do you think Steve Jobs intentionally made iPhone 4 flawed just so he could spend time fixing it? If this kind of thing can happen to Apple with their thousands of engineers, then it can happen to any other manufacturers.

i was actually thinking about when that happened myself,.... firmware on all electronics is constantly updated nowadays, to make operations more stable......hardware is what to worry about ,and even with the big players hardware issues happen... and i feel FIIO have been more than satisfactory with there wifi issue as in RETURN IT IF GENUINE FAULT .

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #9,079 of 18,020
You have no idea how hardware design and manufacturing works don't you?
FiiO said - you have problem with EMI (i assume that is what you have in mind when typing 'CEM') you can return it no problem. Not so much an design issue as an QI issue as my unit has no EMI problems..
Bluetooth problems are purely software, as we established software for X7 is not finished and if you can't deal with it... return it.

Both of those problem were mentioned here by people that preordered from first batch before X7 was widely available. If you bought it before those posts were made here it was a risk you take as an early adopter and if you are not ok with it you should not buy hardware on day one.

You know what was in the mind of FiiO when designing X7? Sound quality. And to my ears they got it spot on. 

@Stachu P - BT problems are software based and will get fixed in the future :wink:

The BT problem you are referring is the noise "frying bacon"?

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #9,080 of 18,020
  i was actually thinking about when that happened myself,.... firmware on all electronics is constantly updated nowadays, to make operations more stable......hardware is what to worry about ,and even with the big players hardware issues happen... and i feel FIIO have been more than satisfactory with there wifi issue as in RETURN IT IF GENUINE FAULT .

Yep, the important bit is that the WiFi problem has been discovered and FiiO already promises to take care of any affected unit. Besides, it isn't like every unit is affected as only some of the supplied WiFi module are flawed. I think FiiO has been here in the forum long enough that they has at least earn some credibility when it comes to customer service.

So you are kind of guy who wait for other feedbacks before doing something? Do you need my feedbacks on how to use toilet paper? 

No, my parent already give me that piece of information when I was very young. Though if you want to demonstrate, I won't mind.
wink.gif

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #9,081 of 18,020
Mine has faulty unit, even with my 32ohm IEM, the noise still lingers both wifi and bluetooth. And they just keep silent, i couldnt send my unit back to where I bought. Fiio's presence is none in my country. So I have to live with it for next years. Bad bad bad experiences from Fiio's product. This is my first purchase of their brand.

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #9,082 of 18,020
Mine has faulty unit, even with my 32ohm IEM, the noise still lingers both wifi and bluetooth. And they just keep silent, i couldnt send my unit back to where I bought. Fiio's presence is none in my country.

My advice is to contact FiiO directly. Most likely you will need to send it back to FiiO anyway, so where you got your is not that important.

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #9,084 of 18,020
In other news - look at what the cat dragged in?

Mid power module is the same size as IEM module, so all current cases (FiiO's, Dignis', etc) should work without a problem. On brief listening, I'll say we finally has the amp module that has the SQ to match an external amp (*in this case, E12A and E12DIY easily).

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #9,085 of 18,020
  On other news - look at what the cat dragged in?

Mid power module is the same size as IEM module, so all current cases (FiiO's, Dignis', etc) should work without a problem. On brief listening, I'll say we finally has the amp module that has the SQ to match an external amp (*in this case, E12A and E12DIY easily).

lucky you! ....cant wait til there released in the uk, will be great to hear your opinions 
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #9,086 of 18,020

Review it! Right now! :D
Joking aside - does it have any noise? X7 IEM module is dead silent how does AM2 compare?

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #9,088 of 18,020
  Review it! Right now! :D
Joking aside - does it have any noise? X7 IEM module is dead silent how does AM2 compare?

While power has increased according to spec, the gain remains that same as IEM module. Can't say I hear any noise or hiss either.

p/s: Just checked - it uses MUSES02 for gain stage, same as E12A. No wonder I find them sounding so similar.

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #9,089 of 18,020
  Hey guys, I removed a few off-comment posts. Let's try to get along and resume the topic.

Damn, I missed the OT stuff, and sometimes that is awesome morning reading with my coffee. Not nice joe, not nice at all. :)

Feb 5, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #9,090 of 18,020

sitting here looking at my e12DIY. i think it knows it will soon be turned off for the last time :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back