FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jan 30, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #8,794 of 18,020
  Another question for the FW update , if i 'm not wrong  , the File must be not unzip , just copy to the internal or the external Micro SD card , is it right ? Thank you .

Or you do an OTA update if you're on FW 1.3 or higher. IMO I think that's a lot easier.

Jan 30, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #8,796 of 18,020

What is a OTA update ? Thanks

Over the Air. Update wirelessly over internet in other words. When you enabled Wifi on your X7 it will automatically prompt you if you want to do an FW update if any are available. OTA feature is available since FW 1..3

Jan 30, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #8,797 of 18,020

Over the Air. Update wirelessly over internet in other words. When you enabled Wifi on your X7 it will automatically prompt you if you want to do an FW update if any are available. OTA feature is available since FW 1..3

OK , it is via Wifi , thank you very very much ! I'll do that ! Regards

Jan 30, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #8,799 of 18,020
  Over several months I have suggested Dapper for Mac folks.  There are several post where I offer tips on how I have configured iTunes & playlist.  Most should be in the FiiO threads, just search.  I use Dapper with FiiO X1, X5 and X 5ii and maintain several iPods all from iTunes/Dapper.
Most of my music is ALAC with a few AAC and mp3s.  High res gets dragged over to a file just for them, not many but a few to experiment with.

Prior to a Dapper update along the way that added the cleaning of unwanted/needed files from the cards, I removed the synced cards front the FiiO and mounted them to the Mac and ejected with eject for windows, then back into the Fiio and run update scan and all was fine.  Now Dapper seems to take care of this.

Jeremy Laurenson,

Thank you for a wonderful program and for being here.

r2

Dapper Review FOR THE X7 4.5/5.0 stars

1) Dapper is an amazing, easy to use tool for syncing iTunes music to one's DAP which in my case is a Fiio X7.
2) In the newest version, before you load your music, there are simple instructions for how to use the program.
3) Syncing can take a while, a little longer than if you just transfer the files directly to the MicroSD card BUT all your ALBUM ART is also transferred with playlists!!! When one rips their CDs into iTunes, iTunes will usually download album art for it but iTunes does not put the art into the music files so if you transfer these files directly to your MicroSD you not have the art.
4) Dapper supports the syncing of iTunes playlists to the X7. I am an extensive user of playlists as I have >13,000 songs (Over 50 playlists). This function is vital/essential.
5) Dapper has bridged iTunes and my X7. I cannot recommend it enough.
6) Jeremy the author is incredibly responsive and cares alot about his app. 

Jan 30, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #8,802 of 18,020
Well, no. Coaxial output bypasses the DAC and is a digital signal. So, if you want digital out you can use coaxial out, or USB out as per @ClieOS's post above.

Of course the shared line out / coaxial out jack needs to be set to coaxial. And no, you can't just use the 'amp' of the mojo. Digital input only with the Mojo (USB, coaxial, optical TOSlink).

Indeed, my bad for not having read the OP post better. Thanks for correcting my error.

Jan 30, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #8,803 of 18,020
James,

When will the medium amp module be available? Will it be bundled with the X7 or we have to buy the X7 with the iem and then the medium module?

Thanks in advance

we should ship some to our agents tomorrow. not so many cause we don't know how many people will need it. the first batch is 800pcs and the second batch is 2000 pcs after 2 months so I guess it must enough .

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 30, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #8,804 of 18,020
we should ship some to our agents tomorrow. not so many cause we don't know how many people will need it. the first batch is 800pcs and the second batch is 2000 pcs after 2 months so I guess it must enough .

James, I think A LOT of people will want the medium powered module and the balanced module.

Jan 30, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #8,805 of 18,020

Thanks James,

I'm kinda holding off my X7 purchase because I'm not sure if the medium module will be bundle with the X7 or not.  I would prefer that there is a medium bundle, that would save me money from not having to buy the IEM module which I do not need.  Are these medium power batches individual modules or bundled with the X7?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back