FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jan 31, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #8,806 of 18,020
I'd like to point out then blindingly obvious... The support, feedback and actual features we get from FiiO (James and Joe) blow away the competition by a mile.

I am confident that with a few more modules and the continuous improvement the FiiO X7 is sure to be a very good investment for us.

But not everyone is a head-fier......

Jan 31, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #8,808 of 18,020
Just bought an X7 from someone here actually, I'm not sure which one to get.

Medium seems juicy for now.

Then balanced for later.

Have you received your Solars yet?

Jan 31, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #8,809 of 18,020

we should ship some to our agents tomorrow. not so many cause we don't know how many people will need it. the first batch is 800pcs and the second batch is 2000 pcs after 2 months so I guess it must enough .

Why don't you use the fantastic access you have here to a huge sample of your target customers? Create a poll giving people the options for what amp module they think they will want. You would of course need to tell people what the specifications are, or at least what you think they will be so that people can make accurate selections. Seriously, not many companies have such intimate access to their target customers and as good a job as FiiO does, and FiiO does an excellent job, concrete data can be gathered by running a poll for say two weeks and then analyzing the results. I know what people say isn't always what they end up doing, but it would be a solid guide and take most of the guess work out things for FiiO.

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #8,810 of 18,020
Have you received your Solars yet?

I wanted to take the pinkie route and upgrade everything in one shot, but no.

I held off on them.

I have my priorities (HAH), but will order them soon after the X7 gets more amps.

I'll most likely get them when the balanced amp module releases, then I'll skip straight to the good stuff. Balanced cable and all.

For now though. I wait. I weep, and I meditate.

I got a good deal for the X7. Unfortunately, The guy hasn't even shipped it yet.
I'm getting so impatient, it's like when you're about to get some action and your buddy is just like "Come on m8, pls"

Jan 31, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #8,811 of 18,020
This is an interesting case for those who want to stack X7 with E12. 
Amazon link 
http://www.amazon.com/Tuff-Luv-Faux-Leather-Case-Cover/dp/B01B85WKK8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454230090&sr=8-1&keywords=fiio+x7+e12+case

Jan 31, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #8,812 of 18,020
  This is an interesting case for those who want to stack X7 with E12. 
Amazon link 
http://www.amazon.com/Tuff-Luv-Faux-Leather-Case-Cover/dp/B01B85WKK8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454230090&sr=8-1&keywords=fiio+x7+e12+case

why stack with e12 when the medium power module is almost here?

Jan 31, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #8,813 of 18,020

we should ship some to our agents tomorrow. not so many cause we don't know how many people will need it. the first batch is 800pcs and the second batch is 2000 pcs after 2 months so I guess it must enough .

What is the impedance of the Medium power amp?

Which full sized headphones would it be suited for vs the IEM vs the High Power Amp?

Am right in assuming Medium Power Amp would be good for Oppo PM-3, Denon D5000/D600 or is that better with the IEM amp with high gain due to their lower resistance?

Jan 31, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #8,814 of 18,020

What is the impedance of the Medium power amp?

Which full sized headphones would it be suited for vs the IEM vs the High Power Amp?

Am right in assuming Medium Power Amp would be good for Oppo PM-3, Denon D5000/D600 or is that better with the IEM amp with high gain due to their lower resistance?

you don't need to worry about the output impedance of FiiO's all products cause we have joined head-fi over 8 years and we known what it means and so far only E9/E09K has 10 ohms output impedance. 

about how well it will drives some headphones , it depended on person but I think the power is enough for most headphones ( big cans )

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 31, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #8,815 of 18,020
OTA upgrade is available! omg my body is so ready~!

Jan 31, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #8,816 of 18,020
My 1 concern with upgrading the amp is battery life.... I'm not getting huge play times now (in app mode with WiFi and BT off and shutting down between plays) I am using it line out through my aux so can run it with the volume at 0. I still only get about 6 or 7 hours (mixed flac and mp3).
With a more powerful amp for those headphone moments I might not get very long between charges?
It is a worthwhile pay off at the moment for the upgrade from my old DX50 which ran forever and only needed charging once a fortnight, but if I have to start charging every other day it might be a bit much.

Jan 31, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #8,818 of 18,020
I always get "Network error, please try again later"! :frowning2:

It doesn't matter what Wi-Fi I am connected to - this happened to me at work when I was trying to apply 1.5, and same error appears at home network with 1.6

Waiting for dropbox link...

Jan 31, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #8,819 of 18,020
  OMG Downloading right now! (Slow as screw* but it's downloading!)

Yeah, the speed isn't stable either. I wonder if the server is just getting hammered right now. I see it alternating between 0 b/s and 99 kb/s. Bob Saget. This isn't my connection's fault, by the way. I can get 200 Mbps on everything else.

Jan 31, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #8,820 of 18,020

Yeah, the speed isn't stable either. I wonder if the server is just getting hammered right now. I see it alternating between 0 b/s and 99 kb/s. Bob Saget. This isn't my connection's fault, by the way. I can get 200 Mbps on everything else.

It's exactly the same for me. (and was like that for all other OTA updates that I tried on X7). I'm on 250Mb/s connection. FiiO should consider changing their hosting provider for the OTA updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back