FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Oct 19, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #5,641 of 18,020
This thread has taken a nosedive, this past few pages.

So much so that I can't help contemplating if it might be worth closing the thread for a couple of weeks until X7s are in early adopters' hands...

Oct 19, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #5,642 of 18,020

There is a hope after all!!!  I'm cheering for X7 to cross that mid-fi threshold and to get into summit-fi level of transparency, layering, and separation like what you're describing.  Anxiously waiting for the review sample of X7.  And probably will be getting QP1R as well.  Busy review time ahead
biggrin.gif

I'll definitely get the docking station for the X7 and whatever else goes with it..  I feel like Michael Corleone from "Godfather III" when he said: "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

Oct 19, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #5,643 of 18,020
  This thread has taken a nosedive, this past few pages.

So much so that I can't help contemplating if it might be worth closing the thread for a couple of weeks until X7s are in early adopters' hands...

Seriously?  So having a sense of humor and joking around is THAT frowned-upon here?  We're ONLY allowed to have serious discussions in which we are super-serious, huh? LOL!
rolleyes.gif

Oct 19, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #5,644 of 18,020

Seriously?  So having a sense of humor and joking around is THAT frowned-upon here?  We're ONLY allowed to have serious discussions in which we are super-serious, huh? LOL!
rolleyes.gif

Precisely.  DAPs are for personal entertainment and provide pleasure and fun.  There's nothing wrong with discussions about them having the very same spirit.  And, for what it's worth, I've been imparting information and perceptions about the X7 in my possession.

Oct 19, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #5,645 of 18,020

Precisely.  DAPs are for personal entertainment and provide pleasure and fun.  There's nothing wrong with discussions about them having the very same spirit.  And, for what it's worth, I've been imparting information and perceptions about the X7 in my possession.

biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #5,646 of 18,020

+1 Its meant to be a fun hobby, no fun in being serous about it all the time :wink:

How easy is it to load third party apps? I was thinking of installing the following:

- Neutron Music Player 
- Spotify
- Sony Walkman Music App (some say it is one of the best)
- and Youtube ofc 
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #5,647 of 18,020

+1 Its meant to be a fun hobby, no fun in being serous about it all the time :wink:

How easy is it to load third party apps? I was thinking of installing the following:

- Neutron Music Player 
- Spotify
- Sony Walkman Music App (some say it is one of the best)
- and Youtube ofc 
biggrin.gif

Use the Android OS as your guide for adding apps.  And, just like an Android phone, you can surf the net.

Oct 19, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #5,649 of 18,020

rolleyes.gif

This time, goodyfresh, I completely agree with you. I wish some headfiers would be acting less overly strict. I've noticed this on many threads and I just think it is going over the line and will not stop or slow down what they perceive as wrong for these threads.

Oct 19, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #5,651 of 18,020

Use the Android OS as your guide for adding apps.  And, just like an Android phone, you can surf the net.

How is the built-in browser, in your opinion?

This time, goodyfresh, I completely agree with you. I wish some headfiers would be acting less overly strict. I've noticed this on many threads and I just think it is going over the line and will not stop or slow down what they perceive as wrong for these threads.

Yeah man, seriously, what's the big deal?  Folks are like "hi-fi sound is a SERIOUS BUSINESS guys, so let's not be frivolous or joke around!"  And they're missing the whole point.  This is supposed to be about listening to music.  It's supposed to be fun.  And music can very often be humorous!  I mean, ever listen to "Big Balls" by AC/DC, or just about half the songs ever recorded by ZZ Top?  Or half the stuff ever recorded by Eminem?  Lol!  Humor totally has its place here, IMO!

Oct 19, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #5,652 of 18,020
Yeah man, seriously, what's the big deal?  Folks are like "hi-fi sound is a SERIOUS BUSINESS guys, so let's not be frivolous or joke around!"  And they're missing the whole point.  This is supposed to be about listening to music.  It's supposed to be fun.  And music can very often be humorous!  I mean, ever listen to "Big Balls" by AC/DC, or just about half the songs ever recorded by ZZ Top?  Or half the stuff ever recorded by Eminem?  Lol!  Humor totally has its place here, IMO!

Yeah, you are right! And without humor, my life would dry up and shrivel and for that matter, so would the planet. Keep those Head Fires burning, people, lolz.

Oct 19, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #5,653 of 18,020

Being Android based, the web and app experience of the X7 really matches a smartphone.  You can choose either "pure music mode" to keep the X7 purely operating as a DAP or "Android mode" to get all those bells and whistles.  I personally wouldn't use the X7 for web surfing, but it's a testament to versatility of this DAP that you can.  I like being able to text into a search window to locate tracks.  The touchscreen won't be getting any complaints.

As I've said before, to see an embedded link to "Head-Fi" confirms the importance of this site.

Oct 19, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #5,655 of 18,020

Being Android based, the web and app experience of the X7 really matches a smartphone.  You can choose either "pure music mode" to keep the X7 purely operating as a DAP or "Android mode" to get all those bells and whistles.  I personally wouldn't use the X7 for web surfing, but it's a testament to versatility of this DAP that you can.  I like being able to text into a search window to locate tracks.  The touchscreen won't be getting any complaints.

As I've said before, to see an embedded link to "Head-Fi" confirms the importance of this site.

AH, so there's a "pure music mode?"  That is good to know, VERY good to know!

So on a scale from one to ten, how would you say its sound measures-up against hte higher end HiFiMan players?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back