FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Oct 19, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #5,656 of 18,020
Oct 19, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #5,658 of 18,020

AH, so there's a "pure music mode?"  That is good to know, VERY good to know!

So on a scale from one to ten, how would you say its sound measures-up against hte higher end HiFiMan players?

right this is where I'm at too

I LOVE the sound of the HM901, but my gawd is the build quality crappy. To bad I didn't wait for the HM 901u or S :/ I might upgrade into the S some time next year, either way I'd love to see how this compares. Either way, the face that they have literally been building this dap WITH the community they target is already great! I doubt I'll switch from Hifiman to Fiio, I just like Fang's products that much
but when it comes to recommendations, I think Fiio's going to be the best recommendation. I started out with the amps, an ended with iBasso. But I think for a lot of the new consumers, Fiio's going to be a very smart choice! They've done a nice job at capturing what seems to be a great market, not only capturing this entry lvl market, but providing solutions from Entry to near end game! Smart move on their part, an I'd love to get a chance to hear this too!

Here's to hoping they launch a modular Balanced amp soon xD 

Oct 19, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #5,659 of 18,020

AH, so there's a "pure music mode?"  That is good to know, VERY good to know!

So on a scale from one to ten, how would you say its sound measures-up against hte higher end HiFiMan players?

I'd rate it a ten based on the fact that the X7 costs significantly less, has a better OS and stellar sound.  It's also a more portable player than HiFiMan's tricorder.  The expansive ability, flexible enough to add apps and streaming services, also adds to the overall value.  You're getting ultimate bang for your buck, a FiiO hallmark.

Oct 19, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #5,660 of 18,020
You said 'tricorder'. :D

Oct 19, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #5,661 of 18,020
You said 'tricorder'.
biggrin.gif

Spock listens to HiFiMan...

Oct 19, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #5,662 of 18,020

I'd rate it a ten based on the fact that the X7 costs significantly less, has a better OS and stellar sound.  It's also a more portable player than HiFiMan's tricorder.  The expansive ability, flexible enough to add apps and streaming services, also adds to the overall value.  You're getting ultimate bang for your buck, a FiiO hallmark.

SO the sound really isn't any worse from the X7 fhan from the HiFiMan players?  Good to know.

But, I have noooo desire for wifi and bluetooth >_<  Ugh.  Lol.  Also I ahven't mentioned this before but, I hate touch-screens.  Like, with a passion.  Uggggh.  I am a sucker for old-school physical buttons.  I know I know, I'm so silly and out-of-touch with the modern world.  I don't care.  Touchscreens suck, that's my honest opinion, lol.  I'd really love to have a player with the features of the HiFiMan players (so none of that web capable, wifi and bluetooth crap I don't need, actual buttons and a scroll-wheel, etc.), price-range of the Fiio X7, good power output with low output impedance, and the high-end sound of players like the X7!  Dang it!  I wish I could find more people who have experiencing comparing the Cayin N5 and N6 to the rest of these, becuase it looks like those MIGHT be what I'm looking for, but without comparisons to things like the X7 and such hwo can I really be sure?

Oct 19, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #5,664 of 18,020

Have you checked out the specs for Questyle's QP-1, the more affordable version of their flagship player?

Ughh, it's output-power is soooo low though!  Haha.  If i ever want to drive anything even remotely demanding, I'd have to get a separate amp.  And would it really be that much of a step up in sound from my current Fiio X3ii?

Oct 19, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #5,665 of 18,020

Yes no doubt the X7 is a killer DAP... for SOUND quality wise... purely SQ how far the is the x7 compare to minibox hm901s? 

Oct 19, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #5,667 of 18,020
Ughh, it's output-power is soooo low though!  Haha.  If i ever want to drive anything even remotely demanding, I'd have to get a separate amp.  And would it really be that much of a step up in sound from my current Fiio X3ii?

Watts power isn't the full story of drive ability. You should honestly read the thread. The QP1R can power full size headphones very well and users are loving the driving power of the Questyle DAP.

Oops, the little brother to the QP1R, the QP1, is still supposed to drive a good range of headphones.

Oct 19, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #5,668 of 18,020
Watts power isn't the full story of drive ability. You should honestly read the thread. The QP1R can power full size headphones very well and users are loving the driving power of the Questyle DAP.

Oops, the little brother to the QP1R, the QP1, is still supposed to drive a good range of headphones.

Okay :)

Oct 19, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #5,669 of 18,020
  Yes no doubt the X7 is a killer DAP... for SOUND quality wise... purely SQ how far the is the x7 compare to minibox hm901s? 

I can't ably answer that since the amp which came with the X7 is tailored for IEMs.  It holds up well, but I'd need to wait until FiiO releases a comparable amp for that sort of direct toe to toe evaluation as far as the minibox card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back