FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Aug 5, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #4,396 of 18,020
Excellent idea. Those that want it can pay for it. Those that don't...... well....... don't.

X7, the most flexible DAP ever!! Choose your amp! Choose you storage! Choose your DAC!
smily_headphones1.gif

+10000

Aug 5, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #4,397 of 18,020
since you guys are so concern about the size of the storage. we can make a huge memory amp module. inside the module, we can install some extra memory and connects to X7 by OTG.   

in fact, we can use the amp module as extra DAC too. means you can bypass the build in ESS9018 and install another DAC inside the AMP module. 

If this is possible, is it also possible to add a microSD/SD slot on the amp module as an expansion? I personally would buy it in a heartbeat!

Aug 5, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #4,399 of 18,020
Aug 5, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #4,401 of 18,020
Aug 5, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #4,402 of 18,020
  in fact, we can use the amp module as extra DAC too. means you can bypass the build in ESS9018 and install another DAC inside the AMP module. 

@JamesFiiO, how about an amp module with an extended battery?  Unlike others who priorities storage capacity, I prefer to extend a battery life!  Is this feasible?  Should be, right?
biggrin.gif

Aug 5, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #4,403 of 18,020

@JamesFiiO, how about an amp module with an extended battery?  Unlike others who priorities storage capacity, I prefer to extend a battery life!  Is this feasible?  Should be, right?
biggrin.gif

Isn't this a cheaper and more flexible option?

Aug 5, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #4,404 of 18,020

biggrin.gif

Isn't this a cheaper and more flexible option?

A cheaper and more flexible solution to have a slab of external bulky battery strapped to the back of a sexy touch screen DAP?  Versus using a small module with an elegant attachment at the bottom that seamlessly integrates with X7 as intended by a design?

I have nothing against Anker (reviewed almost every single battery they ever released) or any other external battery manufacturer, but my vote is to have an amp module with extend battery
wink.gif

Aug 5, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #4,405 of 18,020
Wow, imagine trying to navigate through 2tb of music on a dx50, ouch!

Easy simply use rockbox. I have no problem with a big amount of files with rockbox and the DX50. A good folder stucture is the key point. But enough about OT. I'm really interested how the FiiO X7 will be.

Aug 5, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #4,406 of 18,020

A cheaper and more flexible solution to have a slab of external bulky battery strapped to the back of a sexy touch screen DAP?  Versus using a small module with an elegant attachment at the bottom that seamlessly integrates with X7 as intended by a design?

I have nothing against Anker (reviewed almost every single battery they ever released) or any other external battery manufacturer, but my vote is to have an amp module with extend battery
wink.gif

When you're that long away from a power outlet, I bet there are more than one device that needs to be recharged. Besides, who straps a external battery to their devices. Also, I did not say it was elegant solution.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind having a additional battery module for X7, either. 

Aug 5, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #4,407 of 18,020
Ooh, look what I found in my inbox today :bigsmile_face:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 5, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #4,409 of 18,020
Changeable amp module + DAC module... oh boy i'm definitely getting this.. But hopefully you'll be releasing the X7 with the higher 64gb capacity at the same time with the 32gb?
Planning to get the China released unit, assuming that for international releases there are no physical/build quality changes later on.

Aug 5, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #4,410 of 18,020
Ooh, look what I found in my inbox today
bigsmile_face.gif

Power and Vol+/-  are symmetrical with Play and Skip fw/bck on the opposite sides?  Could that get confusing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back