FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jan 1, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #2,163 of 18,020
Way cooler,the other is a rather grey idea, of a realist anti complex perplexing dour day

Rip, buddy, your back from your inter-dimensional trip! Glad to see you're ok. Not sure if you remember, but the bionic interface idea for the X7 was epic. This may be deleted, like your posts last night, but it was pure entertainment!! Thanks for that :D

Jan 1, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #2,165 of 18,020
1 - we pay $699 for X7 (or enough of us) --> FiiO makes good profit
2 - we do not pay $699 for X7 (or not enough of us) --> FiiO makes loss

So, this is not exactly a rhetoric, but rather a simple free market reality.

It's not how it works exactly.

Fiio offers X7 (assuming it's final) at 699. If you don't like it, you don't buy it. Others who does pays. In the end Fiio will still make a profit (following their trend or existing DAPs and barring any catastrophic design flaw). The only question is how much would the profit be.

it's not simply "We" buy it or "We" don't. Not everyone thinks in the same direction. That is free market reality.

Jan 1, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #2,166 of 18,020
The people on this thread make up <1% of Fiio's market.  Whatever they (we) do will not really matter to Fiio, financially, in the long run.   What will matter is that the device sells to as many people as possible in the areas it is targeting.  The only possible thing Head-Fi'ers can bring to the party is word of mouth, which "might" help to boost sales.  Though last time I looked most consumers don't look at niche blogs like Head-Fi when making purchasing decisions.  Maybe they should, but they don't.  

Jan 1, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #2,167 of 18,020
He he... Im now thinking all time to get X7 asap in my hands :)

Dual screens, OLED display (OLED back screen is absolutely brilliant idea!!!), bluetooth control via my wireless remote... all driving sound using ES9018, and modular amp modules...

Fast processor to handle my already full 128GB micro sd.

Tough metal-made-everything build with excellent finish (maybe sanded?).

Simply, cant wait to ...GET IT!

I can already see ordering few amp cards and custom modding them :wink:)) (like with MA9)

Well done!

Jan 1, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #2,168 of 18,020

We put out $699, and (rhetoricly) what are his, especially if for some reason, the X7 doesn't do well? 

WE are lucky that FiiO even asked us for our opinions!  I don't know why I even argue here.  I got my own dificulties and don't care about the look of the screen.
Now that the holidays are over, I'll do what olddude suggested .  I'll check into apps that might allow me to use the screens, if they can be installed.
Really unsubbing now.
Kevin

Jan 2, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #2,169 of 18,020
I preferred the gold version, too. Seeing very little here to sway me from buying a Sony zx1, and that is last years tech. Price difference is $50 less for the x7, but Sony at least provides 128 GB storage, and much longer battery. Of course Sony has no expandable storage. Could change with zx2. While 256 micro may be out this year, it isn't going to be affordable for some time, so saying "hey, be happy with 32 onboard because 256 comes out this year" is not really comforting considering initial cost of 256 card will be at least $250. If Fiio does have deluxe x7 model with more inboard storage, it's going to cost even more than Zx1.

The search for decent spotify options in a high end player at reasonable cost continues. When will companies get with it? It's all over the news. Streaming is up, buying is down. I don't want a phone or itouch to play my music. Sony is the only company currently that I know of that has the abilty to run Spotify on a decent player and you pay $850 for the privelage. Won't someone please make a streaming player with android for under $400 that has an sd card and sounds at least as good as Sony A17?

Jan 2, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #2,170 of 18,020
I preferred the gold version, too. Seeing very little here to sway me from buying a Sony zx1, and that is last years tech. Price difference is $50 less for the x7, but Sony at least provides 128 GB storage, and much longer battery. Of course Sony has no expandable storage. Could change with zx2. While 256 micro may be out this year, it isn't going to be affordable for some time, so saying "hey, be happy with 32 onboard because 256 comes out this year" is not really comforting considering initial cost of 256 card will be at least $250. If Fiio does have deluxe x7 model with more inboard storage, it's going to cost even more than Zx1.

The search for decent spotify options in a high end player at reasonable cost continues. When will companies get with it? It's all over the news. Streaming is up, buying is down. I don't want a phone or itouch to play my music. Sony is the only company currently that I know of that has the abilty to run Spotify on a decent player and you pay $850 for the privelage. Won't someone please make a streaming player with android for under $400 that has an sd card and sounds at least as good as Sony A17?

So buy the Sony.  Then you can let us know how it is :)

In the mean time you could leave this thread to those of us who are still interested in the X7.

Jan 2, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #2,172 of 18,020
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 2, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #2,174 of 18,020
Why is that - simply because 'seller' (supply) is only one part of the equation.

The other and equally important is the 'buyer' part of it (demand).

According to this nice, simple and logical scheme of things, FiiO is 'seller' (they work in 'supply' part of the chain) - and we are 'buyers' (we work on 'demand' part of the chain).

Yes, it is true that 'FiiO develops great products at affordable price' and 'their CEO listens to clients all day'.

However, both FiiO and their CEO do it not for altruistic reasons - they do it for profit.

And guess what, where that profit is supposed to come from?

Yes, that's right - from 'selling great products at affordable price' and from 'CEO listening to clients all day'.

Man, people coming to headfi to give lame economics lessons are so common...and tiresome. I wonder why.

Profit is created, often, by creating added value. James choses to consult us on what we consider being added value and in this is the ONLY DAP maker to do so. Others will prefer to impose and drown you in marketing to convince you. So no luck involved here, and maybe if you ran a business you would know so. You create your luck by being good at what you do.

Anyways, I was commenting on Fiio being lucky to have us, and namely you, I still do not see a demonstration here. Why is James lucky to have obnoxious clients contributing no value except with aggressive and self entitled remarks?

Anyways moving on, don't bother answering. Unless you have more first year college business lessons.

Jan 2, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #2,175 of 18,020
  Others will prefer to impose and drown you in marketing to convince you.

You thinking of the companiescompany I'm thinking of?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back