FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jul 4, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #17,371 of 18,019
I haven't posted on this thread for a very long time but was hoping someone may have an answer to a problem I have with the/my X7. My X7 was one of the very first. I wanted it as decent DAP (which it is) but also as a streaming player for Tidal & Qobuz. I have always accepted that its wifi performance is weak and so would download to offline libraries. Fiio finally managed to develop the software so that the storage destination could be changed - thank you. However both the Tidal and Qobuz apps suffer the same problem - stuttering. They will play nicely for anything from just a few minutes to much longer and then it starts. The only way to deal with this is to completely stop the app and re-start it. This happens both when wifi is on or off and playing off line albums - I don't stream at all. I've tried clearing the cache, data resets in the apps but without success. All very frustrating! This has happened throughout all of the beta firmwares and the stable release. Any one have any ideas?

Anyone know if the X5 3rd gen has the same issue? I'm assuming that it does as my understanding it is the same firmware. If not I'd certainly look to trade in the X7 for it.

Thanks in advance.
You are not alone. Several people have reported this to fiio and their standard answer is are you on the latest Tidal version. From what I've read this is happening with the X5iii as well.

Jul 4, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #17,373 of 18,019
Another reason might be FiiO stopped updating X7 firmware...
They are developing a new Theme for the new firmware.

Jul 4, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #17,374 of 18,019
HI i wondered if anyone knows of a music player for the x7 that is as good as fiiomusic but also has replay gain and/or crossfeed?

thanks

d
Neutron

Jul 5, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #17,378 of 18,019
Is there any way to organize and play the songs transmitted via DLNA in the same way as the songs that are stored locally on the Fiio X7?

Every time I need to change the album I want to listen via DLNA, several steps are required: I need to re-select the DLNA server, then browse to the folder, then sub-folder, then finally choose the song I wanna play.

I followed this official tutorial, but I would like to know if there is any simpler way. (I use the native app to listen to my songs via DLNA)

tutorial X7 DLNA: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n5l5m6zstzx112l/X7 DLNA usage guide.pdf?dl=0

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #17,379 of 18,019
You are not alone. Several people have reported this to fiio and their standard answer is are you on the latest Tidal version. From what I've read this is happening with the X5iii as well.

Thanks for the reply. Didn't think I was going to be alone with this.

Sorry but they should be working on the remaining bugs not new themes. The X7 is almost two years old and still has far to many issues that need attention.

I have to agree with this. I really appreciate Fiio's engagement with the community especially being a relatively small company. However if you are going to advertise (and continue to do so throughout it's life span) a product as having features - in my case the ability to use Tidal/Qobuz reasonably, then you need to deliver before moving onto other projects. I say this as constructive criticism.

Come on Fiio you can do it!

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #17,380 of 18,019
Is there an X7ii thread?

I'm enjoying using the X5iii. Though, there are a few things that I'd LOVE to see on the X7ii before release. How about allowing the DAP to do Balanced Line-Out from the DAP itself? I have a transportable Balanced Amp that uses 2x (3pin XLR) input for Balanced? I don't want to "HAVE" to purchase an external amp (K5) that requires a wall outlet for me to get Balanced out of the DAP. This would negate the point of my Balanced transportable Amp (VE RA2B). How about a Dock that has HDMI out? This way, I can place a dock on next to my TV and simply plug in my X7ii into the Dock and get a Balanced Line-Out (or stereo out due to your fantastic pinout design used on the K5) and have the HDMI out into my AVR or external amp (or whatever device that will take the input), yet be able to see the video of my Tracks/Songs/ etc. on my TV and change them from the comfort of my couch? The RM1 remote allows only the most basic functions. The 1 it is most needing and lacking is actual navigation (to exit current folder/etc. and move to next folder for playback). This would certainly pull you ahead of A&K in my book and bring exceptional value to your product. You're almost there already (I've connected and been able to use my DisplayLink once on the X5iii and have the video displayed on my Monitor... but then it stopped working for some reason).

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #17,381 of 18,019
With regards to a music player, i have tried neutron and initially i though this is wonderful but eventually it began to sound artificial as though too much processing of the music was taking place, i tested it against fiio music (not the android version but the standalone one and the fiio player is more musical and less artificial sounding (imo)

d

Jul 5, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #17,382 of 18,019
Is there any way to organize and play the songs transmitted via DLNA in the same way as the songs that are stored locally on the Fiio X7?

Every time I need to change the album I want to listen via DLNA, several steps are required: I need to re-select the DLNA server, then browse to the folder, then sub-folder, then finally choose the song I wanna play.

I followed this official tutorial, but I would like to know if there is any simpler way. (I use the native app to listen to my songs via DLNA)

tutorial X7 DLNA: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n5l5m6zstzx112l/X7 DLNA usage guide.pdf?dl=0
I tried DLNA on my X7 with newest firmware, no go. Cannot see any files on my DLNA server.

Jul 5, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #17,384 of 18,019
I tried DLNA on my X7 with newest firmware, no go. Cannot see any files on my DLNA server.

Mine works fine with a windows 10 pc and also a Synology DS716 on my network, mp3 and Flac files.

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #17,385 of 18,019
Mmm...I do not know why? I can browse all folders but when click on the folder, it will not display any files. Tried Windows 10, NAS, Plex server, TP Link router DLNA and TravelMate DLNA. All do the same thing. I even reflashed it, still no go. I like to have it working if anyone can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back