FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jul 5, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #17,386 of 18,020
Ok, I went to Fiio official support website:
http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=42329&extra=page=1

It says, as I quote:"P.S. Some DLNA severs may not work well with X7 on this firmware 3.3.0. We will try to fix it by future update as soon as we can."

So, it does not support some DLNA servers. I do not know how many are supported. On my Kann and Opus #2, both sees my DLNA files perfectly, it does not seem like it is my server problems.

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #17,387 of 18,020
Mmm...I do not know why? I can browse all folders but when click on the folder, it will not display any files. Tried Windows 10, NAS, Plex server, TP Link router DLNA and TravelMate DLNA. All do the same thing. I even reflashed it, still no go. I like to have it working if anyone can help.
From the DLNA icon (green filling cabinet) this is what you should see
DSC_0002.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0004.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG
DSC_0007.JPG
DSC_0008.JPG
excuse the quality of the photos ever one!
Note after about 10 mins the album art shows up.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #17,388 of 18,020
I know how to browse the DLNA servers, the problem is there are no files in the folders. I can browse and playback those files with other DAPs.

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #17,389 of 18,020
Ok, I went to Fiio official support website:
http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=42329&extra=page=1

It says, as I quote:"P.S. Some DLNA severs may not work well with X7 on this firmware 3.3.0. We will try to fix it by future update as soon as we can."

So, it does not support some DLNA servers. I do not know how many are supported. On my Kann and Opus #2, both sees my DLNA files perfectly, it does not seem like it is my server problems.

whats your sever? on mine the one called Pete is windows 10 then the Synology are both on the same frequency on your router?

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #17,390 of 18,020
I know how to browse the DLNA servers, the problem is there are no files in the folders. I can browse and playback those files with other DAPs.
what's the file format in the floders?

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #17,391 of 18,020
Flac and mp3...

Jul 6, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #17,393 of 18,020
Is there an X7ii thread?

I'm enjoying using the X5iii. Though, there are a few things that I'd LOVE to see on the X7ii before release. How about allowing the DAP to do Balanced Line-Out from the DAP itself? I have a transportable Balanced Amp that uses 2x (3pin XLR) input for Balanced? I don't want to "HAVE" to purchase an external amp (K5) that requires a wall outlet for me to get Balanced out of the DAP. This would negate the point of my Balanced transportable Amp (VE RA2B). How about a Dock that has HDMI out? This way, I can place a dock on next to my TV and simply plug in my X7ii into the Dock and get a Balanced Line-Out (or stereo out due to your fantastic pinout design used on the K5) and have the HDMI out into my AVR or external amp (or whatever device that will take the input), yet be able to see the video of my Tracks/Songs/ etc. on my TV and change them from the comfort of my couch? The RM1 remote allows only the most basic functions. The 1 it is most needing and lacking is actual navigation (to exit current folder/etc. and move to next folder for playback). This would certainly pull you ahead of A&K in my book and bring exceptional value to your product. You're almost there already (I've connected and been able to use my DisplayLink once on the X5iii and have the video displayed on my Monitor... but then it stopped working for some reason).

Dear friend,

Thank you for the kind support to us. We may not be able to give the answer for those you mentioned currently. But the X7II would be release in the middle of this month or so. You would get the answer at that time.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 6, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #17,394 of 18,020
But the X7II would be release in the middle of this month or so.

Looking forward to seeing what FiiO does with the X7 II.

Jul 6, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #17,395 of 18,020
Looking forward to seeing what FiiO does with the X7 II.

Same. There are a few features that keep drawing me back to A&K...but I believe Fiio can implement them fairly easily. Then, they would definitely become my top player of choice.

Jul 6, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #17,396 of 18,020
Dear friend,

... But the X7II would be release in the middle of this month or so. ...

Ah-ha! I noticed the other day that the X7 has significantly dropped in price. I was thinking of buying one just to throw in to my collection. Now I know why!

Jul 6, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #17,397 of 18,020
Ah-ha! I noticed the other day that the X7 has significantly dropped in price. I was thinking of buying one just to throw in to my collection. Now I know why!
I can't believe I paid $200 more for X7 less than a year ago...
I would never sell it considering the significant drop in value.:)

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #17,398 of 18,020
I can't believe I paid $200 more for X7 less than a year ago...
I would never sell it considering the significant drop in value.:)

To be honest... We never got what we paid for with the X7. It still does not function as advertised after 2 years. Until they (FIFO) proves they can produce a product that performs as advertised I would not ever purchase another product from them. Too bad as personally I think it has the best sound of all the DAP's I've owned, borrowed and listened elsewhere. It has the potential to be a great DAP.

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #17,399 of 18,020
To be honest... We never got what we paid for with the X7. It still does not function as advertised after 2 years. Until they (FIFO) proves they can produce a product that performs as advertised I would not ever purchase another product from them. Too bad as personally I think it has the best sound of all the DAP's I've owned, borrowed and listened elsewhere. It has the potential to be a great DAP.
I agree.
I was relatively satisfied with my X7 until starting to use streaming services recently (Tidal, Apple Music). The occasional drop-outs are intolerable. I figured the main reason was X7's poor Wifi connectivity. It kept telling me the internet connection was lost while my iPhone was connected to the same network without any problem. It's better off in offline mode.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #17,400 of 18,020
I agree.
I was relatively satisfied with my X7 until starting to use streaming services recently (Tidal, Apple Music). The occasional drop-outs are intolerable. I figured the main reason was X7's poor Wifi connectivity. It kept telling me the internet connection was lost while my iPhone was connected to the same network without any problem. It's better off in offline mode.
Exactly. Plus there's many cheaper options for playing your own music that sound great. I've said it before when someone comes out with a device that can stream flawlessly. I'll be the first onboard. Until then I'll stick with what I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back