FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
May 27, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #17,311 of 18,019
Dear friend,

We have contacted our manager about this. Seems the Qualcomm company makes a mistake in it. Sorry, the X7 may not support aptx HD.

Best regards

Oh thanks god! Just keep X7 delivering straight, wired, no compromises audio quality.

Jun 1, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #17,312 of 18,019
Any reveals what the next update might bring us? Also any estimate when it might hit us?

Jun 1, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #17,314 of 18,019
Interesting! I wish I could had spent enough time with one to have a complex opinion on it!

Have you tried plugging it in a 2.0 USB port? Some usb 3.0 had problems on windows with X5-3 as well, so maybe that will solve your problem
Thanks, I'll try that. However, I was more interested in getting the X7 to work in my K5 with case on. I bought the 11 pin extension cable from usbfirewire.com and, finally, it is working. However, as with everything X7, it takes multiple tries with various turn on/off gyrations. No charging, no simple turn on with the rotary control, just plug/unplug until it works. I haven't figured out the sequencing yet...

Jun 10, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #17,315 of 18,019
Sorry for the naive question, but I just wanted to check whether the x7 or potentially x5 can output spotify by coax. I am asking because I usually download new music via spotify and listen at work. My pioneer xdp-100r does not output spotify via USB so I wanted to check if the x7/x5iii output via coax. Thanks for any help.

Jun 10, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #17,316 of 18,019
Sorry for the naive question, but I just wanted to check whether the x7 or potentially x5 can output spotify by coax. I am asking because I usually download new music via spotify and listen at work. My pioneer xdp-100r does not output spotify via USB so I wanted to check if the x7/x5iii output via coax. Thanks for any help.

I think it should be able to (?)

I have not tested spotify in particular and someone who owns it should chime in, but I remember it being able to output almost anything through coaux

Jun 10, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #17,317 of 18,019
Soun
I think it should be able to (?)

I have not tested spotify in particular and someone who owns it should chime in, but I remember it being able to output almost anything through coaux
Sounds good, thanks... With the Pioneer, I have to set the output, but I am guessing with fiio it outputs digital and headphones simultaneously (like my fiio x5 v1).

Jun 12, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #17,318 of 18,019
Oh thanks god! Just keep X7 delivering straight, wired, no compromises audio quality.

I purchased three X7 that where sold for ridiculously low prices (at least for German measures). All sold from people that hated the Android mode user interface ... and couldn't wait for a firmware upgrade. Good for me, because now I own X7 instead of X5 (1st Gen.) + E12 and I am not planing to go under this high audio standard any more.

Knowing that all added functionality (via the way of "electronic noise") has a potential to decreases the sound quality I only use them in Pure Music mode.
To go to the limit of X7 I recently started to go balanced (AM3) on all my headphones (see my latest posts). Very successfully. You should try yourself, if maximum sound quality is what you are looking for.

I can only agree to Paulo Abreu. X7 is a high level audio player. X7 shouldn't be messed up with all the special wishes. Being a software engineer myself I know that you can only handle that much complexity. From a certain point on everthing starts falling apart and you end up having to many side effects.

I guess Fiio realised that and offered "pure music mode" to give "pure quality" lovers like me some peace of mind.

Jun 12, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #17,319 of 18,019
I purchased three X7 that where sold for ridiculously low prices (at least for German measures). All sold from people that hated the Android mode user interface ... and couldn't wait for a firmware upgrade. Good for me, because now I own X7 instead of X5 (1st Gen.) + E12 and I am not planing to go under this high audio standard any more.

Knowing that all added functionality (via the way of "electronic noise") has a potential to decreases the sound quality I only use them in Pure Music mode.
To go to the limit of X7 I recently started to go balanced (AM3) on all my headphones (see my latest posts). Very successfully. You should try yourself, if maximum sound quality is what you are looking for.

I can only agree to Paulo Abreu. X7 is a high level audio player. X7 shouldn't be messed up with all the special wishes. Being a software engineer myself I know that you can only handle that much complexity. From a certain point on everthing starts falling apart and you end up having to many side effects.

I guess Fiio realised that and offered "pure music mode" to give "pure quality" lovers like me some peace of mind.

I agree! The FIIO X7 / AM3 balanced is my go-to DAP and feel it a great match for my 64 Audio A12 CIEM's.

Jun 12, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #17,321 of 18,019
Jun 12, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #17,322 of 18,019
Very nice find!

Thanks a lot! Can't wait for FiiO to officially announce it! Maybe they will release it on China first again, to make sure that they manage to take out all bugs before the final release.
They didn't get all the bugs out of the X5iii. They make great hardware but they need alot of help on the software side of things.

Jun 12, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #17,323 of 18,019
They didn't get all the bugs out of the X5iii. They make great hardware but they need alot of help on the software side of things.

Let's hope that with X7ii will come a new firmware that will also solve all quandaries people have!

I know that I'm one hard to please customer, but X5-3 felt quite solid to me when I tested it, at least I didn't really have many problems with its firmware. I did use mostly the default FiiO player, and I used only folder browsing, so maybe my needs were a bit more minimal back then. Nowadays I also use some BT since Senn M2 IEBT (great BT IEM) and I will also play a bit with streaming services on X7ii to make sure how it works!

Jun 12, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #17,324 of 18,019
Jun 12, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #17,325 of 18,019
I cannot for the life of me work out how to use the new search function. I have just updated from 4.4.4. FW 1.8 to 5.1 FW 3.3.0. I can now no longer change launcher?

I really dislike the stock launcher and would like to use Evie, do I need to root the X7 to use my own choice of launcher or can I use ADB to replace their launcher with Evie? Any help would be much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back