FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
May 4, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #17,237 of 18,019
Hi FiiO, when i try 3rd party APPs like Neutron or Foobar Mobile, everything is working fine, seeking songs from dlna synology nas works, also internet streams from my synology nas are working, when i try fiio music player app, seeking is not working and no internet streams, thanks

May 5, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #17,239 of 18,019
@FiiO
Since the latest firmware 3.2.1 there is no more gapless playback and the new abbreviation of the song titles (middle part deleted) makes it harder to find stuff/unreadable.

Will these issues be fixed? Gapless playback is a must for me on such a device.

Thanks

May 5, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #17,240 of 18,019
@FiiO
Since the latest firmware 3.2.1 there is no more gapless playback and the new abbreviation of the song titles (middle part deleted) makes it harder to find stuff/unreadable.

Will these issues be fixed? Gapless playback is a must for me on such a device.

Thanks

Hi, Strange, gapless is working for me in 3.2.1. What is the behaviour you are experiencing?
Regards

May 5, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #17,241 of 18,019
Hi, Strange, gapless is working for me in 3.2.1. What is the behaviour you are experiencing?
Regards

The behaviour is that after the firmware update, gapless was deactivated without me knowing. I now turned it back on and it basically works. Though on some occasions there's still a small "hickup" between songs... Thanks for your reply anyway. :ksc75smile:

May 5, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #17,242 of 18,019
I currently have a x7 on am1. My current go to IEMS are K3P and SWIII.

Will I hear a night and day difference if I purchase an am3 module and go balanced? Which bang-for-the-buck balanced cable would you recommend?

How badly would it affect battery life as well?

Thanks.

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #17,243 of 18,019
I currently have a x7 on am1. My current go to IEMS are K3P and SWIII.

Will I hear a night and day difference if I purchase an am3 module and go balanced? Which bang-for-the-buck balanced cable would you recommend?

How badly would it affect battery life as well?

Thanks.[/QUOT

The AM3, in balanced mode, sounds outstanding with my EL-8 and HD650.

May 6, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #17,246 of 18,019
Thanks. How's battery life compared to am1 module?

How about the others here?

Thanks.

Dear egzbuen,

Battery Life & Test Conditions
Headphone amplifier module AM1 ( Battery Life:≥ 9h)

Headphone amplifier module AM2 ( Battery Life:≥ 8h)

Headphone amplifier module AM5 ( Battery Life:≥ 6h)

Headphone amplifier module AM3
Batter life >6 h (3.5mm) Load M3 open earbuds (27 Ω) (3.5mm)
>6 h (2.5mm TRRS balanced) SE846+Balanced cable (16Ω) (2.5mm TRRS balanced)

For more information, you may read: http://www.fiio.net/en/products/45/parameters

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 6, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #17,247 of 18,019
Fiio why almost none of good games work on Fiio X7? (Skyforce, Heartstone, Magic 2015, Ascension , Eathcore: Shattered, Counter-terrorist-SWAT, Dirt Xtreme, Mad Skills Motocross 2, Trial Xtreme 4). (the only games working are simple\primitive and ports from jave: i.e. Gravity Defied). It does not matter how I install it and download it from - through USB or through the Play Market. Installation goes fine, but after pressing play - it simple after couple seconds through the mistake: in "x" programm mistake occured.
One of the reasons I bought X7 (not AK, Lotto, the Bit, iBasso) is because it has full Android and good hardware. (I do not own any other android device). I know it is a DAP, but with android V5+.

May 7, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #17,248 of 18,019
Fiio why almost none of good games work on Fiio X7? (Skyforce, Heartstone, Magic 2015, Ascension , Eathcore: Shattered, Counter-terrorist-SWAT, Dirt Xtreme, Mad Skills Motocross 2, Trial Xtreme 4). (the only games working are simple\primitive and ports from jave: i.e. Gravity Defied). It does not matter how I install it and download it from - through USB or through the Play Market. Installation goes fine, but after pressing play - it simple after couple seconds through the mistake: in "x" programm mistake occured.
One of the reasons I bought X7 (not AK, Lotto, the Bit, iBasso) is because it has full Android and good hardware. (I do not own any other android device). I know it is a DAP, but with android V5+.

Buy any cheap smartphone for games. X7 is not made for games... The CPU, rockchip is not the best CPU for games either.

May 7, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #17,249 of 18,019
Buy any cheap smartphone for games. X7 is not made for games... The CPU, rockchip is not the best CPU for games either.
The comment is completely irrelevant to my question and does not bring any helpful essence at all.
Fiio I will wait for your answer (as well as users who know answer or found the way for playing them normally)

Last edited:
May 7, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #17,250 of 18,019
The comment is completely irrelevant to my question and does not bring any helpful essence at all.
Fiio I will wait for your answer (as well as users who know answer or found the way for playing them normally)

I'm just trying to help you out tho...

Judging by its benchmarks, it would be able to barely run Heartstone and the best game I have personally run on a FiiO DAP is Angry biurds on X5-3.

As for your question, I vaguely remember FiiO having a certain set of signed apps that would run on X7 with the reason for having their own pre-selected apps only run on X7 being somewhere in between that X7 wouldn't properly run certain games and subsequent warranty issues that might arise from someone running energy demanding games on it.

Every company implements those SOCs differently, so even though X7 runs RK3188 which is similar to a Snapdragon 410, FiiO might have changed certain parts of it so it consumes less energy, providing a better experience for music lovers who buy it exclusively for music.

Thus my recommendation earlier, I'm trying to be as helpful as I can; You can get a cheap smartphone with Snapdragon 650 which will play Heartstone at a solid 60fps. I apologize if I come off as rude in any way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back