FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Dec 31, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #16,081 of 18,020
  well i re-flashed again and will see maybe something is wrong from my end

If there isn't anything important on your X7, I'll suggest you try a system wipe from the recovery first (hold power + volume+ during during startup)

Dec 31, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #16,082 of 18,020

If there isn't anything important on your X7, I'll suggest you try a system wipe from the recovery first (hold power + volume+ during during startup)

yeah i will do that as i forgot to do it before i flashed 

now before i do that i noticed the fire eq in viper can cause quite a bit of distortion especially if used with viper bass, so I avoid using it and rely on the eq of in built fiio eq music app,  and I use the rest of my perferred settings like dynamic and bass boost i use in viper  effect

maybe it would be interesting to share viper settings

Dec 31, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #16,083 of 18,020
I updated the X7 to the latest beta FW but now for some reason, I can't get it to scan in the SD card. It will scan in the 2 albums I have on the internal drive instead of the card. Also, in general I can't get the X7 to work. I did a wipe and a clean install with the desktop tool but no luck. Any suggestions? 

edit: Ok, got it to scan. 

Dec 31, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #16,084 of 18,020
I updated the X7 to the latest beta FW but now for some reason, I can't get it to scan in the SD card. It will scan in the 2 albums I have on the internal drive instead of the card. Also, in general I can't get the X7 to work. I did a wipe and a clean install with the desktop tool but no luck. Any suggestions? 

edit: Ok, got it to scan. 

What can't you get to work other than the scan?

Dec 31, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #16,085 of 18,020
What can't you get to work other than the scan?

I got the scan to work. Earlier I got an error notice so I did wipe and reinstalled the latest FW. I haven't explored many of the features. I tend to use a player fairly basically and use a dap for the sound and albums. I don't use EQ, playlists etc. 

Jan 1, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #16,086 of 18,020
hi guys, just recently added got the Sennheiser HD6XX (Massdrop ver of HD650) as i was finding my Beyerdynamic DT880 too bright for some tracks.  I'm interested in getting the AM3 module for my X7.  Can anyone recommend a decent quality but still affordable balance cable to pair the HD6xx with the AM3?  For those that have both the AM5 and AM3, can you comment if i should expect any big difference using this pair of headphones on the AM5 vs AM3 balanced?

Jan 1, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #16,087 of 18,020
I'm pretty excited by this news, it is the first Beta that has me considering linking my X7 up to the laptop. When I have the time/patience I will get on it.

I tried... Did the tool and got onto 5.1 then had an OTA found and completed that which took me to firmware 3.06 and that was it... No newer OTA available and I tried downloading 3.1.1 on both laptop and directly to X7 (error when trying to unzip) tried factory reset about 10 times and now the X7 cannot find my home WiFi anymore.

Jan 1, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #16,088 of 18,020
I tried... Did the tool and got onto 5.1 then had an OTA found and completed that which took me to firmware 3.06 and that was it... No newer OTA available and I tried downloading 3.1.1 on both laptop and directly to X7 (error when trying to unzip) tried factory reset about 10 times and now the X7 cannot find my home WiFi anymore.

You don't need to unzip the firmware file. You just use the support app on X7 and select the whole zip file for upgrading firmware.

Jan 1, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #16,090 of 18,020
Hi guys i'm new here :)
Just got fiio x7 yesterday, i want to ask something.. does anyone able to connect x7 to mojo with USB connection?

Everytime i try this, there will we a crackling sound.. very noticeable.. this is with any music app. Tried this with 2 IEM and 2 Headphones and it's all the same..

Anyone else have this problem?

Jan 1, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #16,091 of 18,020
hi guys, just recently added got the Sennheiser HD6XX (Massdrop ver of HD650) as i was finding my Beyerdynamic DT880 too bright for some tracks.  I'm interested in getting the AM3 module for my X7.  Can anyone recommend a decent quality but still affordable balance cable to pair the HD6xx with the AM3?  For those that have both the AM5 and AM3, can you comment if i should expect any big difference using this pair of headphones on the AM5 vs AM3 balanced?

Hi, I have ordered one at:
http://www.lavricables.com/

And will receive it tomorrow. On French forums some people have bought their balanced cables here and are very happy. I will let you know asap, I have already received the AM3 so it will be easy to compare the balanced and the unbalanced outputs.

Jan 1, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #16,095 of 18,020
Done it... The X7 wasn't downloading the full zip file was only 582kb...hard reset sorted the WiFi issues and then copied the laptop copy of the 3.1.1 zip file onto the X7 and tried again with the tool and now I am updated.
Looking forward to gap less and playing with the viper tool (never tried it, but I am a basshead)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back