Fiio X5iii Custom Kernel and Scripts | 2016MHz CPU | 20% RAM increase | Undervolting | New DAC drivers | and much more
Feb 13, 2021 at 3:47 AM Post #466 of 468

artzox

New Head-Fier
The only salvation is to just uninstall the Google Play update, now it's almost 250 Mb and do not allow the update of Google Play services. The system then runs quite fast and the control of paid applications works properly. Simply change the wallpaper with Root Explorer or Solid Explorer.

Thanks, but to be honest I would prefer just freezing it if I can help it.

Feb 15, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #467 of 468

Julius Decimus

100+ Head-Fier
HOWEVER...as of UAPP version 5.9.0... the app no longer starts if google play services, etc. are disabled. The app was just updated on the 31st of January, and I installed the new version this morning. I had no such problems using the app on version 5.8.9 with google play services frozen. Either an extended period of license verification is now needed with the latest version (after updating), or else it's not looking good.

* I will also add I had no problems streaming audio from Tidal connected through UAPP, even with "Master" quality tracks, with custom kernel 3.4.1.
Good day.

Is there a way to downgrade to lower UAPP version ?

I am using it from time to time as well. Not a problem with Fiio, i am using old model Sony phone for music player and since the updates February i noticed it has super high CPU activity if you turn off the Wi-fi. You turn it on, it fixes it. I am sure its from UAPP because if i stop the task all goes to normal and low cpu frequencies. It has already made the license check i guess, i left it 20+ minutes with wi-fi on. Is there an option in UAPP that can cause this ? I am asking because you are the same guy that helped me in the past for Neutron the album artworks, so meybe you know something about this too.

Feb 16, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #468 of 468

WitzyZed

500+ Head-Fier
Good day.

Is there a way to downgrade to lower UAPP version ?

I am using it from time to time as well. Not a problem with Fiio, i am using old model Sony phone for music player and since the updates February i noticed it has super high CPU activity if you turn off the Wi-fi. You turn it on, it fixes it. I am sure its from UAPP because if i stop the task all goes to normal and low cpu frequencies. It has already made the license check i guess, i left it 20+ minutes with wi-fi on. Is there an option in UAPP that can cause this ? I am asking because you are the same guy that helped me in the past for Neutron the album artworks, so meybe you know something about this too.
I'd give the dev an email about the issue,
info@extreamsd.com
maybe see if you can get any logs from the device when this happens?
Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread