Fiio x5 vs Ibasso dx90
May 30, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #62 of 446
I think I'll change my iems first and then the dap, please take a look at this http://www.head-fi.org/t/721090/looking-for-a-new-iem-a-fun-iem-um-merlins-mentors-or-something-else and every input is useful, I want the next iem to be the last 
dt880smile.png

May 31, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #67 of 446
Hi everyone!

I wish to know who will give the best sounding performances on the B&W P7 ?

iBasso DX90 or Fiio X5

I use both with P7 and can't decide. DX90 airier and slightly more open, X5 more forthright. Depends on the music and your preference.

May 31, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #68 of 446
Thank you Andrew
I hear music and songs from all types but specialy rock/heavy metal the 80s and some trance music here and there
I use for now as my gear samsung S4 with Fiio e11 that is fairly good and sony z2 tablet with the fiio e11 that is amazing the fiio makes the music slam and a bit dark but with clear sound.
So is the Fiio X5 or DX90 will be an upgrade to my syle of music and gear?

May 31, 2014 at 4:38 AM Post #69 of 446
Can't help there as I've never amped. All i can say is Rush, Van Halen and Yes sound great on both using 192\24 and DSD files :wink:

May 31, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #70 of 446
Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to the whole dap/amp thing and this will be my first purchase outside of iems when it comes to my Head Fi addiction :p I currently have a pair of Atomic Floyd Superdarts which I'm sure you know are very bass and high heavy (v shape) and I think this suits my taste a lot. I bought a pair of Fischer Amps FA 4E XB and they just seemed to be lacking bass to me so I'm returning those and I'm going to sort my source out first.

I mainly listen to electronic/dance music and I would consider myself to be on the basshead side of the audiophile profile. Anyways after getting the refund for my Fisher's, the DX90 and the X5 are withing my kind of budget and was wondering what you would recommend to be paired with my Superdarts? Bearing in mind I love bass :p

I have read that the X5 would be better for bass but I love the idea of the ibasso buttons, touch screen and removable battery. I also listen to some pop and am rather enjoying Bob Marley at the moment :p

Thanks

May 31, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #73 of 446
The sound of the Bass will be my last decision. the Fiio tend to Slam with the bass i can hear it with my sony z tab walkman and that is pritty good for me at least. With the ibasso i dunno never heard their sound ..

May 31, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #75 of 446
The sound of the Bass will be my last decision. the Fiio tend to Slam with the bass i can hear it with my sony z tab walkman and that is pritty good for me at least. With the ibasso i dunno never heard their sound ..

In most respects, the x5 and dx90 are very similar (sound wise) for example soundstage and dynamics but from what I have read, the x5 is the way to go if you like bass. I went for it coz I love bass too and the longer battery life (double the dx90) really swayed me to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back