turn on
-press reset hole
-go settings - factory reset
-install latest firmware
-go factory - factory settings 
-press reset hole
-after it is turned on, keep power button pressed until it restarts, 

this should do the trick.

Thanks I'll try that and keep you posted !

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #183 of 209
  Have you tried to:
- rebuild library? 
- remove tags/pictures from songs on one album/folder and play them through folder view?
- rebuild play list in case you play through it?

Cant speak for jedi obviously but i have rebuilt my library with no luck.

I have no idea how to do your second suggestion BUT when you mentioned rebuilding the playlist i noticed that it freezes when i am on my favourites. when i skip through songs in the folders there is no freezing at all.

so i have deleted my favourites and will rebuild it. maybe it was a corrupted fav list. if there is such a thing.

great idea though.

Mar 31, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #184 of 209

I have no idea how to do your second suggestion BUT when you mentioned rebuilding the playlist i noticed that it freezes when i am on my favourites. when i skip through songs in the folders there is no freezing at all.

so i have deleted my favourites and will rebuild it. maybe it was a corrupted fav list. if there is such a thing.

great idea though.

i would advice only using folder browsing.

this is because sometimes tags can get little errors

use mp3tag program to see tags, and delete all embbedded art in the file, and put in each folder with music a coer.jpg file.

Mar 31, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #186 of 209

Have you tried to:
- rebuild library? 
- remove tags/pictures from songs on one album/folder and play them through folder view?
- rebuild play list in case you play through it?

great idea though.

Was your favorites list retained through the firmware upgrade or did you rebuild your list after the upgrade manually?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 31, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #189 of 209

hey joe,

no it was not retained. when i did the firmware upgrade my fav list disappeared so i manually rebuilt another one.

that had now been deleted and i will rebuild a new one tonight.

you might get a similar blocking experience from most of playing modes, the only one that is fully problem free is the browsing mode. this happens not because of x5, but because of how tags are done, are written, and incompatibility of tags that are attached to files.

the favourites list is written in the firmware, if i remember right, if you have a very large collection, it might get be because the memory was consumed when building library, so by adding favourites, especially a lot of favourites, you could had just affected the space alavaible for firmware.

Mar 31, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #190 of 209

hey joe,

no it was not retained. when i did the firmware upgrade my fav list disappeared so i manually rebuilt another one.

that had now been deleted and i will rebuild a new one tonight.

I had the same problem... I have been using the favorites playlist for a while now with either firmware 2.2 and 2.4 without any issues. But suddenly, last night it started to freeze every 9 songs I skipped... Thinking is was a corruption problem, I checked both my SD cards under windows with chkdsk (but still had to problem), rebuilt the library (again, same issue) and then decided to modify my favorites list, I simply removed one song and added it after and finally it fixed the problem...

So you might want to try this as it seemed to fix my problem :)

Apr 1, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #192 of 209

Well don't bother trying this the problem is back :frowning2:

the problem might be back because you have too many favourite songs. remember that favorites songs create a ghost playlist, that not only needs space but loads into the player. 

try using a custom UI that takes less space, then see if the problem persists. you might simply be using all of x5's internal memory for this, and the problem appears because it has no more RAM free. 

if the problem is not there when folder browsing it means, that simply you should not use favorites feature. or other type of browsing but folder browsing. this could save you a lot of pain.

i know that some tags are written pretty weird, and can mess up a collection of files, this is why i am advicing you to do this.

Apr 1, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #193 of 209
Thanks, I thought of that but there are only 75 songs in my favorites.

The strange thing is that I had that particular list for the last few months but the X5 just started acting up this week. The content of my X5 has been the same for the last 3 months +

Weird...

Apr 1, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #194 of 209
  Thanks, I thought of that but there are only 75 songs in my favorites.

The strange thing is that I had that particular list for the last few months but the X5 just started acting up this week. The content of my X5 has been the same for the last 3 months +

Weird...

if the problem exists only when using favorites, do not use them, make a folder and put the files in the folder. would save you a lot of trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back