FiiO X5 firmware 2.4 download and discussion
Mar 18, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #166 of 209
  Fiio, is time, browse by letter is needed. 
Sorry to repeat this, but you know...

@reihead - is time - arranging folders yourself by letter is needed
Sorry to repeat this - but you know .......

Example:

\A-C\Adele\19
\A-C\Adele\21
\A-C\Aerosmith\Big Ones
..... etc ......
\D-F\Daft Punk\Random Access Memories
\D-F\Daughter\ If You Leave
..... etc ......

Then use folder browse

It works 
wink.gif

Mar 19, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #167 of 209
i had been thinking about browse by letter option, but what key could be assigned to this? i mean every key in browsing mode has already a role... maybe long keypress of center, or something could work, but i think that besides a possible sq improovement, which i understand that is not entirely possible anymore, the firmware is pretty good.

also if fiio could get tird of the ocasional bugs would be great, but they happen not enough often to really dedicate time and space tot this...

i wonder if x5 will be updated anymore, consideing that x5II is coming out?..

Mar 19, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #168 of 209
@reihead
 - is time - arranging folders yourself by letter is needed
Sorry to repeat this - but you know .......

Example:

\A-C\Adele\19
\A-C\Adele\21
\A-C\Aerosmith\Big Ones
..... etc ......
\D-F\Daft Punk\Random Access Memories
\D-F\Daughter\ If You Leave
..... etc ......

Then use folder browse

It works :wink:

Since day one I have this on my library. It does work to an extent, I have two 128gb cards, both with the folders by letter, for example I can't (and don't want to) remember which albums are in which Sd card, this is 2015, a dap should handle a large amount of albums and provide tools for an easy browse.

I'm not throwing my X5 under the bed, but this is affecting the way I listen to music. I know fiio sorted the library limitation of 5x00 files, now that is possible to have a huge library, a better way of browsing it is needed.

Mar 19, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #169 of 209
biggrin.gif
 I know - I'm messing with you mate - hence the smiley in the previous post.

I agree that it would be nice to have a better way of navigating - but I would like to keep things in a little perspective as well.  Fiio have been in the DAP market for a little over two years (release of the X3). The big players have been in the game for many more years & they have huge design teams at their disposal.  I just think it's a little unfair sometimes to critique Fiio and say "its 2015 - this should be easy".  Considering the features they have given us, and how much they've listened to feedback, I'm more inclined to cut them a little more slack. YMMV.

Mar 19, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #171 of 209

biggrin.gif
 I know - I'm messing with you mate - hence the smiley in the previous post.

I agree that it would be nice to have a better way of navigating - but I would like to keep things in a little perspective as well.  Fiio have been in the DAP market for a little over two years (release of the X3). The big players have been in the game for many more years & they have huge design teams at their disposal.  I just think it's a little unfair sometimes to critique Fiio and say "its 2015 - this should be easy".  Considering the features they have given us, and how much they've listened to feedback, I'm more inclined to cut them a little more slack. YMMV.

I completely agree with you, Fiio has been doing great and listened to our feedback in every step of the way. That's why I said, is time, they have step by step improved the library option. Now please, I'm ready for the next step.

Mar 25, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #173 of 209
  Fiio, is time, browse by letter is needed. 
Sorry to repeat this, but you know...

Couldn't agree more. I never had any bug since I had my X5 in over 6 months, and the SQ is really perfect. The only extremely huge cons I had was the file limitation we first had, and not being able to browse in a decent way such as even a 40$ player could do several years ago. Now that the main thing is fixed, all that's left imo is the way to browse faster. So many people have given suggestions of how to do it for the user interface, such as holding the center button to pop-up a new menu then scroll with the wheel to select the letter, so all that's left to do is to program it :)

Mar 27, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #174 of 209
Hi,

I have an extremely large music file collection and everytime I want to add a file I have to do a complete media library update. This takes me half an hour to do just to add one file.

Is there any way that files can be added to the complete media library without having to update the whole library every time?

Thanks

Mar 30, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #175 of 209
  Now my X5 plays 5 or 6 songs and crashes. It hangs at the end of a song and doesn't play the next one. Buttons become unresponsive and I have to restart it.

Am I the only one with this problem ? If I knew what was causing this I could try to find a way to get around it.

YES!! I am having the exact same problem. My X5 was flawless until I did the upgrade and now when I am playing my fav's it will hang/freeze after playing a song anywhere from 5-15 minutes in.

Guess I have to downgrade the software as well.

Mar 30, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #177 of 209
  I downgraded to 2.36 and it stills happen regularly :frowning2:

i think that you should do the thing
turn on
-press reset hole
-go settings - factory reset
-install latest firmware

see if it works, if not do these: 
turn on
-press reset hole
-install latest firmware
-go factory - factory settings 
-press reset hole
-after it is turned on, keep power button pressed until it restarts, 

this should do the trick.

Mar 30, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #178 of 209
  i think that you should do the thing
turn on
-press reset hole
-install latest firmware

see if it works, if not do these: 
turn on
-press reset hole
-install latest firmware
-go factory - factory settings 
-press reset hole
-after it is turned on, keep power button pressed until it restarts, 

this should do the trick.

Well thanks for the help skerry but it's still doing it.

Not happy because the X5 was flawless prior to the upgrade.

Mar 30, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #179 of 209
  I downgraded to 2.36 and it stills happen regularly :frowning2:

Jedi, that sucks. I'm in Toronto too. Maybe we got a bad batch or something. 

I can reproduce it just by hitting the next song button. It will freeze every time between 5 and 25 presses. 

Guess I will bring it in for service or buy something else. I really really liked the X5, more than the AK120 on an A/B comparison. But not much use having it if it won't play.

Mar 30, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #180 of 209

Jedi, that sucks. I'm in Toronto too. Maybe we got a bad batch or something. 

I can reproduce it just by hitting the next song button. It will freeze every time between 5 and 25 presses. 

Guess I will bring it in for service or buy something else. I really really liked the X5, more than the AK120 on an A/B comparison. But not much use having it if it won't play.

Same for me, it freezes when I press the "next song" button. Nobody else has this ? I'll send you a private message. Maybe we can coordinate returns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back