Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Nov 21, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #2,521 of 2,614
RETRACTION
After seeing no other members reporting scroll issues with 2.6 ver,I decided to triple check. Botton line is 2.6 final DOES RESOLVE SCROLLING ISSUES. My apologies for any confusion, I was/am working off a tablet and I see where it was really throwing a monkey wrench into what is normally very simple. Again , my apologies.

Karelin

Thanks Karelin! Now I can finally stop doing this...
panic.gif

...and start installing the new (analogue theme) 2.6 FW

Btw, sorry Eddy Flycatcher. Hope you won't sue me for using one of your gifs.
It just came up when I searched on ''panic gif''
biggrin.gif

Nov 23, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #2,522 of 2,614

Updated all of my themes to the latest firmware version 2.6.

Download them here

The updated firmwares have a timestamp of 2015-11-20.
  1. Elegance 2.2
  2. Fragments 4.3
  3. Harmony 3.3
  4. Hydrogen 1.3
  5. Lunar 2.2
  6. Prism 1.2
  7. Solar 1.6
  8. Vortex 1.4

The usual stuff:
  1. I'll take all feedback and bug reports into consideration.
  2. All graphics are made by me or FiiO.
  3. Fonts used are Source Sans Pro, M+2P, or MS YaHei (Prism theme only).
  4. Feel free to modify and re-distribute any of my themes; no need to ask for my consent before sharing

Enjoy!

Is it possible to download the entire theme collection and not one by one?

Nov 23, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #2,524 of 2,614
Am I the only one experiencing a big bug on the new 2.6 firmware? It scans my library 2 times, counting 4000 songs instead of 2000. And these 2000 more "songs" are just unreadable, but referenced in the category sections...

Nov 23, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #2,525 of 2,614
Am I the only one experiencing a big bug on the new 2.6 firmware? It scans my library 2 times, counting 4000 songs instead of 2000. And these 2000 more "songs" are just unreadable, but referenced in the category sections...

Are you on a Mac?

Nov 23, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #2,526 of 2,614
Are you on a Mac?

Yes, but in theory I clean my cards every time I unplug it from my mac... I mean I remove all the crap created by the system.

Nov 23, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #2,527 of 2,614
Yes, but in theory I clean my cards every time I unplug it from my mac... I mean I remove all the crap created by the system.

Yeah, I was thinking it was the indexing files (or whatever they are) that start with ._

Pretty much OS X duplicates files as well if you move them to the trash but don't empty the trash before ejecting the card. At least that's happened to me. I use 'Eject For Windows' to eject the cards which cleans all the indexing files so the cards are squeaky clean. Btw, I see the OSX duplicate files in Windows which is how I confirm if they are there or not.

I tried showing the hidden files and manually deleting them but they always appear after I eject the card with OSX.

Nov 23, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #2,528 of 2,614
Yeah, I was thinking it was the indexing files (or whatever they are) that start with ._

Pretty much OS X duplicates files as well if you move them to the trash but don't empty the trash before ejecting the card. At least that's happened to me. I use 'Eject For Windows' to eject the cards which cleans all the indexing files so the cards are squeaky clean. Btw, I see the OSX duplicate files in Windows which is how I confirm if they are there or not.

I tried showing the hidden files and manually deleting them but they always appear after I eject the card with OSX.

Ok, that's the problem. Thank's! I've just check with the "ls -a" command, and yes all my files are duplicated. It appears that the cleaning program I used doesn't work anymore (maybe since El Capitain). Thank's again :D

Edit: Well, it appears the great Asepsis is no longer supported on El Capitain... Sad news. And Clean my Drive is apparently not enough for cleaning my cards. I've tried BlueHarvest and it works like a charm! Thank's again RELIC, problem solved

Nov 23, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #2,529 of 2,614
:beerchug:

Nov 24, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #2,533 of 2,614
Hey guys,

I have updated the first post with the link to the new firmwares for 2.6 from @theUKMrT@x RELIC x and @AsianInvasion

I'll keep the 2.5 firmwares in the first post for now and eventually transfer everything to the second post (archives). 

I'm sad to see that this will be the last update from FiiO but they did provide good support for their device.

Nov 25, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #2,534 of 2,614
sup guys,

i'd love to update my themes but i sadly don't have the time at all. anybody willing to do it instead, i'll be forever in your debt :)

-CH23

edit: i updated "simply straight", will post link as soon as mega loads. if ever.
the other themes i really do not have the time for.

Nov 25, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #2,535 of 2,614
Simply Straight, based on fw 2.6: https://mega.nz/#!uMJFjTzC!GZdWhwG-ACyFE9BhwddaEKKCUy4oPz4W2pxfRZU99tU

(so happy FiiO finally fixed the scrolling)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back