Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Jun 25, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #2,416 of 2,614
Sorry for the delay in adding @theUKMrT "80's Hi-Fi" to the first post. I was painting/moving and didn't have access to a computer during that time.

Also, I like what I read about the X5II because it doesn't feed me arguments to upgrade. I'm satisfied with the X5 and see no reason to upgrade I still think it's an outstanding device, even after more than a year using it. A big part of that is because of all the fantastic modders that have contributed to this thread. I'm truly grateful to you guys and I think @JamesFiiO (and FiiO) is too because I'm pretty sure the themes created here generated some sales with really few marketing efforts from FiiO.

Jun 25, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #2,417 of 2,614
I thought as much. The post linked within the table on the first page spoke only of v2.4, but I figured you would have kept current.

Between Your Hi-fi and Relic's Analogue, I don't know which I'll load when my X5 gets here. :)

Two all-time Classics! Also enjoying 80s for its cleaness.

Jun 28, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #2,418 of 2,614
Hey guys,

My X5 scroll wheel is almost dead...
I'm wondering if its possible to mod the firmware to change the button layout to replace the scrolling functionality on the scroll wheel.

Not sure if what I said makes sense :S

Cheers.
SilverB

Jun 28, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #2,419 of 2,614
Hey guys,

I'm wondering if its possible to mod the firmware to change the button layout to replace the scrolling functionality on the scroll wheel.

Cheers.
SilverB
pretty sure that it has been asked earlier somewhere in the thread and the answer was that it was not possible unfortunately.

Jun 28, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #2,420 of 2,614
Hey guys,

Cheers.
SilverB

You can already navigate lists with the buttons. Is there something else you're looking for?

Jun 28, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #2,421 of 2,614
Hey guys,

Cheers.
SilverB

CUSTOM FW THEMES ONLY CHANGE IMAGES, NOT FUNCTIONALITY

With that out of the way, you can use the buttons with any FW and bypass the wheel entirely. :)

Except in the settings menus when the buttons change selection.

Jun 28, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #2,422 of 2,614
Navigating works but my problem is the "confirm" button - the middle click of the scroll wheel.

When I click the confirm button, the scroll wheel would tend to move up or down by a click or two before confirming.
It's annoying because it messes up with my selections and then I'd have to go back and try again multiple times and then hoping that the confirm button doesn't "move around".

Looks like I'll just have to buy a new unit :frowning2:

Cheers,
SilverB

Jun 28, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #2,423 of 2,614
Yeah, I'm sorry to say, it sounds like you're screwed. You have my sympathy.

Jun 28, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #2,425 of 2,614
If you insist on being reasonable, I suppose there is that option.

:wink:

Jul 4, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #2,428 of 2,614
Very nice. Sexy work, friend.

Jul 5, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #2,429 of 2,614
In order of view count.
in order of DL count

Hi Fidelity
Hi Vinyl
Amo la Musica
Hi Fi

Good bump HBB, now go and port your themes to the X5ii FW. :wink_face:

Jul 5, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #2,430 of 2,614

Good bump HBB, now go and port your themes to the X5ii FW.
wink_face.gif

I'll be doing that pretty soon. How long does it take...hour or 2  each?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back