Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Jun 14, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #2,371 of 2,614
I believe i read that it's a hardware relay to switch between battery powerstates. Further more the new X5 uses a gas gauge meter to measure battery life, so i think without that it's not possible to do it on the X5, even with software?
Ah ok, makes sense. Wishful thinking on my part. In that case, the second generation is a huge win over the first one.

Jun 14, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #2,372 of 2,614
I believe i read that it's a hardware relay to switch between battery powerstates. Further more the new X5 uses a gas gauge meter to measure battery life, so i think without that it's not possible to do it on the X5, even with software?
Ah ok, makes sense. Wishful thinking on my part. In that case, the second generation is a huge win over the first one.

Gas-gauge meter for better measurement is great, standby time doesn't matter to me. I usually empty the battery every day.

Jun 14, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #2,373 of 2,614
Gas-gauge meter for better measurement is great, standby time doesn't matter to me. I usually empty the battery every day.

Standby time isn't the biggest benefit, though. What's great is that you can set the X5ii to sleep after 1 minute and get it back up and running instantly without having to boot up. Saves a lot of boot time and battery life that way :L3000:

Jun 15, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #2,375 of 2,614
Unless you're saying the below is definitely architecture related, there is no reason why the below can't be potentially done via software:

All-new power management feature: auto standby mode allows player to remain in standby for weeks, ready to continue playing instantly.

For it to be done in software the software needs to be running - I think that's the point 
wink.gif

Jun 16, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #2,377 of 2,614
Hey CH23: Did you know this made its way into the official X5ii themes?

It's only activated when using the FFWD / RWD buttons in the Launcher.

what a great idea! We should do something like this for the X5...

...Oh wait.

:beerchug:

Jun 16, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #2,378 of 2,614

Features:
  1. FiiO X5II theme (theme 1) for your X5 - Including boot animation, launcher, lists, settings, etc.
  2. All X5 functions work as they should. (A few launcher icons have been added for this)
  3. Note: None of the new functions from X5II are added to the X5, such as deep sleep. This is only a theme (graphics only).

Download

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #2,379 of 2,614

Features:
  1. FiiO X5II theme (theme 1) for your X5 - Including boot animation, launcher, lists, settings, etc.
  2. All X5 functions work as they should. (A few launcher icons have been added for this)
  3. Note: None of the new functions from X5II are added to the X5, such as deep sleep. This is only a theme (graphics only).

Download - Mirror

Observations, plsease take them as friendly notes
biggrin.gif

- the read-ability is not great at all on this theme, raising the level of white in the gray of icons and text should do a good for the eyes. 

- Seems that using some of the files provided by Fiio does less bad than I imagined, maybe I screwed something up when I made my version?

- I was planning to draw icons for favourites and EQ functions for the launcher to add a different scheme for launcher, where you move the entire icons one to the left to reveal the most left one and to the right to reveal the most right one. But I dropped that for now, in favour of porting my theme to X5II and experimenting with options for how to do this. 

My opinions towards X5II modifications:

-Topbar Bigger icons is a great ideea, but the new ones are uglier for me, I think that I am going to port the old topbar Icons, but with other color scheme, and some transparency

-Moving EQ out of the menu is a bad ideea. 

-moving favourites in categories makes sense

-in general the new themes looks sleeker, but looses some of the originality of the old one, I do not know, it seems a little generic?

Jun 16, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #2,381 of 2,614

- the read-ability is not great at all on this theme, raising the level of white in the gray of icons and text should do a good for the eyes. 

The X5II's default theme had bad text contrast from the beginning, and when it combines with the X5's worse screen, it's barely read-able.

- Seems that using some of the files provided by Fiio does less bad than I imagined, maybe I screwed something up when I made my version?

I had to redo a large number of images; many of the images changed size by like 1 to 10 pixels.

Somewhat off-topic: Cayin N6 should be themable with the same firmware tools

Jun 16, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #2,384 of 2,614
After reading the review and looking at the pictures of the new X5ii, I still like my original X5 better (I also have an X1 too). I realize that Fiio is streamlining their product lineup to make all the models similar which I think is a mistake. I like the darker color of the X5 as well as the dust covers for the cards and port plugs for the output receptacles. My two cents. I do not intend to start a debate, just my observations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back